DOWNLOAD - Vol 2- The Return Of The Sons Of Neptune (SHN)

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

DOWNLOAD - Vol 2- The Return Of The Sons Of Neptune (SHN)

Post by Keith Jordan »

The second volume of the Neptune Pink Floyd Tribute Project "The Return Of The Sons Of Neptune" is now available for download below!!

You will be downloading Shorten (SHN) files which are very easy to convert to WAV to listen to or burn to CD. Instuctions are contained within the download concerning converting the SHN to WAV files. The artwork is also included in the download. Track listing is here.

There is also an excellent tutorial concerning listening to SHN files on your computer as well as burning them to an Audio CD using free software!

If you need any help, ask on this thread. Follow the instructions below to download!

Simple Download Instructions

1 - If you dont yet have it, download and install the Bit Torrent client program from here. There are both PC and MAC versions available. Most people have a PC! This software is used to allow you to download the files to your computer from our "network".

2 - Register to use this sites torrent tracker here. You can then visit the pages below to downlaod the 3 CDs in the SHN format. Just click on the "Download" button on each of the pages below!

Vol 2 - CD1 - http://www.thepinkfloyd.co.uk/torrents- ... php?id=224

Vol 2 - CD2 - http://www.thepinkfloyd.co.uk/torrents- ... php?id=225

Vol 2 - CD3 - http://www.thepinkfloyd.co.uk/torrents- ... php?id=226

3 - When the download completes, please leave your "download window" open until you have uploaded at least as much as you have downloaded.

Thank You!

Thank you kindly to everyone who participated in the project! Especially Simpledumbpilot who put the whole thing together, Damn!t for the artwork and all the artists around the world who recorded!

Once again, I think we have probably all amazed ourselves at what we have achieved as a group! A big well done to everybody involved!

Enjoy!! 8)
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Sun May 28, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yay, it's finally here!!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

And I'm downloading now!!

Thanks to all those who have worked so far to get it up and running
mike the swede
Blade
Blade

Post by mike the swede »

I agree with the preceding speaker. THX
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Well, I have tried and tried to sign up for the torrent tracker, but every user name I try to sign up with, it says, "Sign Up Failed...User Name Invalid". What am I doing wrong?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Try flake_cosmo 8)
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Keith Jordan wrote:Try flake_cosmo 8)
Tried it already :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The username does not exist. PM me the email address you are using and I will see if that is used!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Woooooh :D
Keith Jordan wrote:There is also an excellent tutorial
aww shucks :oops: :lol:
micksoul
Embryo
Embryo

Great!

Post by micksoul »

A big clap to everyone who has participated in the project. :D
Thanks Keith and Stu! This is huge! :D[/b]
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

just unshortening the first disc of vol. 2 which downloaded last night whilst i was sleeping... saw the post on the site before the newslist was sent out and was SO surprised! today i'll start d/l the other 2 discs...

:D
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

i downloaded all three last night. i haven't had a chance to check 'em out yet. tonight when i get home from work! i'm going to sit down with a few drams of laphroaig and enjoy. i can't wait. thanks to everybody who's done so much to put this together.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

well, happy and sad at the same time...disc one decompressed fine, I'm listening to it right now :D ...but aside from the very first song on disc two, I'm getting a message that the files are not SHN files or they are corrupted for all the rest of the tracks on disc two and three :cry:

EDIT: Hmmm, I just noticed on the Tracker that I am listed as having completed the download for disc one, but not listed for disc two and three :? but both those discs were here, complete, on my desktop this morning when I woke up and BitTorrent seemed to have finished and closed. Could this have anything to do with the problem?
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

tracker down? :?
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Well, I'm going to dump these corrupted files and try downloading them again. I am assuming (hoping) that because the Torrent tracker doesn't list me as completed, that BitTorrent didn't stupidly go ahead and upload the corrupted files.

EDIT: OK, tried to re-download and my BitTorrent says it still has to do the uploading for disc 2 and 3...so why in heck would it turn itself off after it downloaded without seeding? And is it now uploading corrupted files (I can't seem to get it to stop) or is the decompressor just saying they are corrupted because BitTorrent hasn't finished uploading them? Anyone know what's going on???
Last edited by Massed Gadgets on Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.