Roger Waters War On Want

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters War On Want

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=06&id=0623

Roger Waters, founding member of super group Pink Floyd, has visited the East Jerusalem village of Abu Dis ahead of his performance in the Arab/Israeli Peace Village today (22 June). He called for an end to the on-going Israeli Occupation.

Waters moved today?s concert from Hayarkon Park outside Tel Aviv after discussions with Palestinian artists, as well as Israeli refuseniks, who called on him to use the gig as a platform to build solidarity with those fighting the injustices of Israeli foreign policy.

He has taken part in a tour, with War on Want, of the occupied Palestinian territories, and seen for himself the hardship endured in towns like Bethlehem.

Waters, who has a lifelong commitment to social and global justice, helped launch the UK group War on Want?s campaign against the Israeli Wall two years ago.

Waters said: ?The peace village provides a great backdrop to this concert and performing a gig there, where Arabs and Jews live together in a peaceful community, symbolises my support for all those on both sides who reject extremism and violence in their quest for a just peace.?

War on Want spokesperson Nick Dearden said: ?We need musicians like Roger Waters taking this sort of principled stand. It is through statements and gestures like these that we can bring Palestine to the attention of the world, and ensure a better future for the region.?

http://www.waronwant.org/?lid=12377
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

how cool. roger is my freakin' hero. has been for 30 yearsl
pfco

Post by pfco »

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I wonder if poor Roger will be arrested for the criminal damage and put in prison?? :o :lol:

Edit - I just recorded the interview about this event on ITV News (TV). I will torrent it and have it as HTTP download also at poor quality! :lol:
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

Keith Jordan wrote:I wonder if poor Roger will be arrested for the criminal damage and put in prison?? :o :lol:
oh man, you do not want to go to an israeli prison. those are the guys we americans send our prisoners to when we need 'em tortured. they're really good at it. we used to be the best but somehow lost our edge. it's sad really. the quality of american workers seems to have really declined lately.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Is Roger wearing pink socks in that picture?
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

nosaj wrote:Is Roger wearing pink socks in that picture?
why he sho 'nuff is! how precious! good eyes! :smt038
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Fuck Roger is a whining old bastard. From what I know about the Israel struggle, there will be no peace in that area untill the states surrounding Isreal recognise it as a country (which they are moving towards). Roger is just spouting idealistic crap.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

Alternative 4 wrote:Fuck Roger is a whining old bastard. From what I know about the Israel struggle, there will be no peace in that area untill the states surrounding Isreal recognise it as a country (which they are moving towards). Roger is just spouting idealistic crap.
whatever.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

davidjay wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:I wonder if poor Roger will be arrested for the criminal damage and put in prison?? :o :lol:
oh man, you do not want to go to an israeli prison. those are the guys we americans send our prisoners to when we need 'em tortured. they're really good at it. we used to be the best but somehow lost our edge. it's sad really. the quality of american workers seems to have really declined lately.
Actually we send ours to Egypt and some of the countries around Afganistan that are currently on the list of our so-called-friends.They are mostly Muslim countries and they are the best at torture.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Hey teacher leave those yids alone
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Added some photos of the war on want thing at the bottom of this page....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... gerWaters/
henno

Post by henno »

nosaj wrote:Is Roger wearing pink socks in that picture?
no, theyre salmon....
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

drafsack wrote:Hey teacher leave those yids alone
hmmm clever word play there draf :lol: :lol:
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

We love Roger and his salmon socks