NPF video tribute to Syd.

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

NPF video tribute to Syd.

Post by simpledumbpilot »

As you may be aware there will be 2 NPF tribute shows happening in September and October and I think this will be a nice opportunity for the members here to pay tribute to Syd. My plan is to make a video collage lasting around 5 minutes set to a medley of Syd tunes that appear on the NPF CDs by those that are unable to make it to the events. If you have any messages, artwork that you have created as a tribute to Syd, a favourite photo or anything else that you can think of please e-mail them over to [email protected] and I will piece it all together and show the video at both concerts.

Thanks and shine on!
Stu
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

As we are doing Dominoes perhaps we could make a video to go along with it ? :) I could construct it all and that to give you less work.

:)
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

i have a dvd with a very nice video monatge of syd i will donate.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I could interest my band to play Matilda Mother at the Glasgow show.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Stuie, you always know just what to do! Great idea....AGAIN. :smt023
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Thanks Shan, I think this might be a bit tucked away here so it might be worth moving it over to the Syd section.

Alan, I think Mathilda Mother is already being played, I'll check and let you know.

Andy, that would be great!

Jedi, you too! :D

Sorry the replies were a bit rushed there.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I was wondering if we could add Jugband Blues back into our setlist ?? It should never have gone ! :o :)
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

I was intending to do Mathilda Mother but as my version will sound very different to the original there should be no reason others can't do it. Or if someone is desperate to do it I don't mind dropping it.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

thats ok. We will do Flaming instead!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

thats ok. We will do Flaming instead!
thanks - that's very kind

(I'm sure it doesn't matter if there's some songs done more than once - I'm sure most bands will want to do a Syd song)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

OK folks, I'm really surprised to find that so far only 1 person has sent anything for this. If you have anything at all that you would like to be used in the video collage please do mail it over to [email protected]

As mentioned before, you can send a message to be displayed on the screen, any kind of artwork you have created as a tribute, a favourite picture of Syd or anything else that springs to mind. It would be nice to also make the completed video available for download on the NPF site too.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

if you'll still be accepting submissions in mid-August, i can submit some cartoony syd artwork to the video if you want.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Slambient Expressway wrote:if you'll still be accepting submissions in mid-August, i can submit some cartoony syd artwork to the video if you want.
Yeah, as long as I have everything a few days before the first gig in order to piece it together in time it'll be fine, say roughly September 14th at the latest, that'll give me a week, it'll only take a few hours really but it will be a busy week.