Syd Barrett Tribute on Catnip Radio

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
mysticus22
Embryo
Embryo

Syd Barrett Tribute on Catnip Radio

Post by mysticus22 »

There will be a 1 hour special tribute show in honour of Syd Barrett on the internet station I'm involved with.
The station is Catnip Radio and can be found via this link http://www.catnip-radio.com
The show will be aired this coming friday 14th July from 7pm - 8pm BST, and will feature his music, lifeline, and other Barrett related items.
The direct listen link is http://radio.catnip-radio.com:8760/listen.pls

I would also like to inculde your memories of Syd Barrett. Please post them here, or send to [email protected] by thursday afternoon.

The station will also air a Pink Floyd / Syd Barrett track every 2 hours between today and friday evening.
The station is on air every day from 10am till midnight BST.

Many thanks!

PS This post has been approved by Keith prior to posting.
mysticus22
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mysticus22 »

I just had confirmation that the show will also be aired by FOX 101.9 FM in Burlington, North Carolina from 2pm - 3pm EST.
mysticus22
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mysticus22 »

It's on in just half an hour!!!

For those that missed it, the show will be repeated this coming sunday 16th from 2pm - 3pm BST.
I hope it is a fitting tribute to Syd.
blueeyes
Blade
Blade

Post by blueeyes »

I didn't get to listen because I was at work. My son listened and said it was a 'wonderful' and 'good job'
mysticus22
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mysticus22 »

blueeyes wrote:I didn't get to listen because I was at work. My son listened and said it was a 'wonderful' and 'good job'
Thank you for that. It was quite emotional to put together, but I think in the end it did Syd justice.

Repeat of the program sunday 2pm - 3pm. (sorry to repeat myself...)
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Right now I am REALLY regretting my sound card being screwed up. My boyfriend is an audio engineer and therefore he decided to mess with it, citing his reasons as that it wasn't "perfection"....and in the process of his "fixing it" it now hopelessly won't work.

Wish I could've heard your show!