Did Syd Barrett live in his Mothers Basement?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:
blueeyes wrote:And there was also a story going round that he would climb down after his mother had left the house and paint the kitchen appliances.
Yes, I've heard he painted the refrigerator green! Hysterical!
I also heard the moon was made of green cheese. That doesn't make it so..
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I heard that when one of his solo albums was critically panned, he smashed his head through the cielling of the basement in his mother's house.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Chris Moise wrote:
SydsMadcapGirl wrote: Yes, I've heard he painted the refrigerator green! Hysterical!
I also heard the moon was made of green cheese. That doesn't make it so..
Well excuse the hell outta me.

I just said I *heard* it.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

my breakfast. wrote:I heard that when one of his solo albums was critically panned, he smashed his head through the cielling of the basement in his mother's house.
That's the exact opposite of a person who smashed her foot through the floor of the attic in MY mom's house while visiting due to a miscalculation and a shoddily-made floor.
PREHAPS THE TWO EVENTS ARE RELATED? *dum-dum-dummmmmm*
(insert tie-in to Gilmour moneymaking conspiracy, Paul McCartney's death, Yoko Ono's army of neo-nazi lizard men, the Evil Secret World Government, and Batman here)
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

who bloody cares whether he lived in his mother's basement of the bloody bahamas! he deserves the respect from people to NOT care about where he resided.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

fat_old_sun wrote:1 - who bloody cares whether he lived in his mother's basement of the bloody bahamas!

2 - he deserves the respect from people to NOT care about where he resided.
1 - I care.
2 - Documenting his later life is important to me. His life is a remarkable story and it is a human condition to want to have a complete story about it.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Well said, Keith, and I'm with you on that.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

cwta eugene wrote:http://www.rogerwatersonline.com/roger_ ... /19404.htm

This is the article I mentioned about Syd hitting his head on the basement ceiling. I knew I wasn't imagining it. :lol:
Great article. The only problem is, it furthers the myth that schizophrenia means someone has Multiple Personality Disorder, which it doesn't. If someone had diagnosed Syd with a clear mental illness it could have increased some public awareness about mental disorders and broken some myths. Unfortunately the myths have just increased.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Freddie Mercury wrote:
cwta eugene wrote:http://www.rogerwatersonline.com/roger_ ... /19404.htm

This is the article I mentioned about Syd hitting his head on the basement ceiling. I knew I wasn't imagining it. :lol:
Great article. The only problem is, it furthers the myth that schizophrenia means someone has Multiple Personality Disorder, which it doesn't. If someone had diagnosed Syd with a clear mental illness it could have increased some public awareness about mental disorders and broken some myths. Unfortunately the myths have just increased.
Sad but true.Most people don't know shit about 1 mental problem from the other so the pile all in to 1 little box and it damn sure don't work like that.My brother is bi-polar and most don't know anything about it.I on the other hand like everything in it's order and go to some extreams.Most Maynards I know are like that.If they work they work like hell.If they drink they want to be great drunks.You get what I mean.Anyway it could have been good to have it pulledup in peoples face to see Syd was just like so many of us and teack people that all mental illness doesn't make you crazy all the time and you can be treated for most.At least now adays.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

seriously, that would be stupid... f***in' basement...