NME Syd Tribute

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Atom Heart Sun
Blade
Blade

NME Syd Tribute

Post by Atom Heart Sun »

Supposedly out week beginning 22nd July..

Heads up peeps, it's already out! Got mine this afternoon: looks quite nice, not read it yet though.

Don't end up paying over the odds for it on eBay 'cos you missed out! Now's your chance to get it for just ?1.95 :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Its crap why get C list tossers like Pete Doherty and Bobby Gillespie to pay tribute - well I supposes it is NME and they do suck up to those two
Last edited by drafsack on Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom Heart Sun
Blade
Blade

Post by Atom Heart Sun »

Yes, great cover but to call this a tribute edition is just pure cash-in. They could have done a lot better.
A few pages does not a tribute edition make! Ok so Pete Doherty is current and NME being NME means they had to have his words because they are so terrified of being percieved to be out of touch..
Well Doherty can fuck off, he ain't half the man Syd was and is nothing but a tired cliche re-hash with his boring drug problems and is irrelevant to Syd. If he's the best the NME can do in order to make "the kids" turn onto Syd then they don't know shit from a shovel.
The NME was a major disappointment given their history and the Nick Kent article all those years ago.
A missed opportunity.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Hopefully Q or Mojo will do a tribure edition
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NME Syd Tribute

Post by drafsack »

Atom Heart Sun wrote:Supposedly out week beginning 22nd July..

Heads up peeps, it's already out! Got mine this afternoon: looks quite nice, not read it yet though.

Don't end up paying over the odds for it on eBay 'cos you missed out! Now's your chance to get it for just ?1.95 :D
Won't need to buy this off ebay - just look in any recycle bin next week
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Pete Doherty? When the fuck has that guy ever done anything to make him worthy of collumn space regarding Syd Barrett? Thats rediculous, I doubt Doherty even knows who he was! (or who he is... damn junky probably doesn't know his own identity).
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Pete Doherty can rot in hell.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Pete Doherty rules.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Pete Doherty (smokes) rocks.

To be honest I'm bewildered as to why that guy gets so much attention. He's not a particularly talented singer or songwriter, and aside from the rampant drug use he's not even remotely interesting.

Can anyone here hum one of his tunes? No, thought not.

Came across a sad Pete Doherty clone in the pub a few weeks back. He'd affected the look right down to the hat and junkie pallor. He and his mates got asked to leave by the management for trying to drink supermarket lager and roll joints in the pub, then they threw a glass at the glass collector and tried to bottle someone else, instigating a mass brawl that ended with them getting the shit kicked out of them by most of the bar staff and everyone else. Great role models the kids have nowadays.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

As much as I love reading on Syd, I will never pick up that shit rag of a magazine again.
towg

Post by towg »

my breakfast. wrote:Pete Doherty? When the fuck has that guy ever done anything to make him worthy of collumn space regarding Syd Barrett? Thats rediculous, I doubt Doherty even knows who he was! (or who he is... damn junky probably doesn't know his own identity).

You probably don't recognise the irony in your post do you?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:Can anyone here hum one of his tunes? No, thought not.
I can, it's called "Beg, Steal or Borrow". Good song.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

towg wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:Pete Doherty? When the fuck has that guy ever done anything to make him worthy of collumn space regarding Syd Barrett? Thats rediculous, I doubt Doherty even knows who he was! (or who he is... damn junky probably doesn't know his own identity).

You probably don't recognise the irony in your post do you?
Syd Barrett didn't deserve to be a junky, he wasn't a junky anyway! Syd did know who he was, he was Roger Keith Barrett who briefly became a rock legend as this guy "Syd"
kriss
Axe
Axe

Post by kriss »

gosh you fans are so vicious! do you only listen to one band then? I reckon you would have dismissed syd in 1968 in the same way you slag off pete. he has talent, so did syd. drugs fucked them both up.