Syd tribute on BBC2

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Syd tribute on BBC2

Post by Jack Dempsey »

I've heard from another forum i'm on there's gonna be a tribute to Syd next Thursday at 11.20pm on BBC2. 8)

Hope it's true

Just checked the listings.........it is on

Looks as though it's gonna be about an hour long. :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thanks for the news!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Thanks for the news!

Probably the documentary that's already out on dvd ?????/////
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

My suspicion is its the existing one with a piece about his death tagged on the end, would be nice if its a fresh new documentary tho.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

simpledumbpilot wrote:My suspicion is its the existing one with a piece about his death tagged on the end, would be nice if its a fresh new documentary tho.
Yes its probably a rehashed version of the omnibus Documentary with a few tributes by C list celebs etc - Like in the NME tribute edition
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

drafsack wrote:Yes its probably a rehashed version of the omnibus Documentary with a few tributes by C list celebs etc - Like in the NME tribute edition
I think they had a bloody cheek calling that a tribute edition! It was just a regular issue of the ever fickle NME with a few pages about Syd, blatant cash in, I'd expect nothing less tho from that musical (stretching my imagination there) version of Hello magazine.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

simpledumbpilot wrote:fickle NME with a few pages about Syd, blatant cash in, I'd expect nothing less tho from that musical (stretching my imagination there) version of Hello magazine.
I think i have only ever bought one copy of that rag in the whole of my life and that was enough.
They are such a pompous and an overtly opinionated bunch of writers, much the same as Melody Maker if that things still in print.
kriss
Axe
Axe

SYD NME

Post by kriss »

i thought the NME was quite good, it is nice to Syd on the front of the mag and some nice articles for younger kids and potential new fans. so there!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

simpledumbpilot wrote:My suspicion is its the existing one with a piece about his death tagged on the end, would be nice if its a fresh new documentary tho.
Checked the Radio Times and this is indeed the Omnibus documentary thats available on DVD, dont know if there will be anything tagged on the end about his death but its most likely.
robertcrosbie
Axe
Axe

Post by robertcrosbie »

I'm glad as I never saw the original documentary...

Are there two DVDs out there? The Omnibus one, and the VHI Legends one? If I buy both, will I be getting much the same material across the two DVDs?
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

Telewest information is telling me nothing on it like
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Didnt appear to be any changes to the programme but this was the first time I'd watched this since Syd's passing and that last slow motion shot from the 66/67 video knocked me for 6, absolutely beautiful and incredibly powerful, shine on Syd!
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Didnt appear to be any changes to the programme but this was the first time I'd watched this since Syd's passing and that last slow motion shot from the 66/67 video knocked me for 6, absolutely beautiful and incredibly powerful, shine on Syd!
Indeed it powerful

But because of the program i think im starting to think Syd's dead.
I knew he was dead but this is the first my body is taking the news. :(
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

It was another repeat by the piss useless BBC, nothing new in it. I?m just wondering how much longer do we the licence fee payers have to put up with the BBC.