BBC World Service Poll - Vote for Floyd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
atomheart
Embryo
Embryo

BBC World Service Poll - Vote for Floyd

Post by atomheart »

hello friends, its time we floyd fans put floyd on the forefront in musical history , below is the link to BBC World service's poll for the top 10 songs in world music history,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/us/features/topten/

lets vote for Pink Floyd's ' Another Brick in the Wall 2' and see to it that floyd occupies the top spot..
please include this message in your website if you have any and forward to your friends
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

What the hell is Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu by S.P Balasubramianan & Swarnaltha? Believe by Cher at number three? Don't make me die from laughter. That song was, what, number one for one week in 1999?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

If Rakka Shama BAhama MAma or whatever it's called is #1 and Cher's "Believe" is #3 then I cast my vote for "Several Species........." :D

Okay, in all seriousness I would vote for "SOYCD" over ABITWP2"
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote
What the hell is Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu by S.P Balasubramianan & Swarnaltha?
"The song, Rakkama Kaiya Thattu, features in Indian film Thalapathi, made in 1991. It was written by a film lyricist called Valee and the music composed by Ilayaraja.

Its leading position indicates the fact that India has so far submitted the most votes in the BBC World Service poll on its website.

Two other songs popular with Indian audiences, Vande Mataram by Bankim Chandra Chatarji, said to be the country's national song, and Chaiyya Chaiyya by Sukhvinder, from the 1998 Bollywood movie Dil Se, are at number five and seven. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 00359.stm
Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Syd_Roger_Rick_Nick_David »

I voted for ECHOES. You all should also