Short Clip with Syd Barrett and David Gilmour

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
bkovacs
Axe
Axe

Short Clip with Syd Barrett and David Gilmour

Post by bkovacs »

Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

For just one moment I thought it might have been the five-man Floyd playing together just before Syd left. :cry:
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

David likes to shoot from the hip, eh? Or from the mouth, perhaps. :)

If you stop to think about it, it probably did royally piss Syd off that his good friend was recruited to essentially replace him. I realize I'm not saying anything new here, either. I just forget about that sometimes.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

pompeii purple wrote:David likes to shoot from the hip, eh? Or from the mouth, perhaps. :)
Essentially and unfortunately, you have to admit his words are right although it does come across as a bit harsh on our poor Syd but you can't run away from fact i guess.
henno

Post by henno »

ha ha... thats very funny!!
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

moodyblue wrote: Essentially and unfortunately, you have to admit his words are right although it does come across as a bit harsh on our poor Syd but you can't run away from fact i guess.
Yes. It makes me even more confused about "the English", though. I had been misled into thinking that they're so reserved and that sort of thing. But a lot of what I've seen points to the fact that they tend to come out and say exactly what they feel. I guess that's why stereotypes are so unreliable, eh? ;)
Duncan Maitland
Axe
Axe

Post by Duncan Maitland »

Heavens! Dave Gilmour? I thought it was Bruno Brookes for a moment!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

pompeii purple wrote:
moodyblue wrote: Essentially and unfortunately, you have to admit his words are right although it does come across as a bit harsh on our poor Syd but you can't run away from fact i guess.
Yes. It makes me even more confused about "the English", though. I had been misled into thinking that they're so reserved and that sort of thing. But a lot of what I've seen points to the fact that they tend to come out and say exactly what they feel. I guess that's why stereotypes are so unreliable, eh? ;)
Extremely unreliable although in certain parts of the country particularly the north, they do say what they feel regardless. Maybe you can say by and large the English are kind of reserved but that's mainly because we think before we act to a point but then again, it's all generalisations.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I will have to watch this clip when I get home from work as I have no sound available.

The English are generally reserved relative to other countries in their interactions with strangers and during special occasions. My friends and I can be pretty evil to one another. Its not all friendly!! :lol: Unless that is because we are north of the M25 ring road! :roll:

Perhaps Gilmour has a 'tude!
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

Keith Jordan wrote: Perhaps Gilmour has a 'tude!
It's safe to say that he does indeed have one of those. But in his line of work, that's helpful to an extent.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

moodyblue wrote:
pompeii purple wrote: Yes. It makes me even more confused about "the English", though. I had been misled into thinking that they're so reserved and that sort of thing. But a lot of what I've seen points to the fact that they tend to come out and say exactly what they feel. I guess that's why stereotypes are so unreliable, eh? ;)
Extremely unreliable although in certain parts of the country particularly the north, they do say what they feel regardless. Maybe you can say by and large the English are kind of reserved but that's mainly because we think before we act to a point but then again, it's all generalisations.
My best friend is English, and she's very polite and quiet, but when she's in close company all hell breaks loose!! However, last year when she came to visit, she brought 2 friends who are a couple...and they were far from polite. They fought like crazy in front of everyone and anyone...he would always call her a stupid woman and so on, but she said much worse. (She is EVIL.) Also...they consume more beer in a week than I do in a year...and I LOVE my beer.

As for the video...I wish my sound card worked! ACK!
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

"Syd would have no relevance in Pink Floyd today" Well maybe you should stop playing Arnold Layne,Dominoes and Terrapin then .