Nice Video Tribute to Barrett Gilmour and Wright

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
bkovacs
Axe
Axe

Nice Video Tribute to Barrett Gilmour and Wright

Post by bkovacs »

olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Never thought I'd say this, but Rick sounds awful! It's not his fault that he's too high in the mix, but his singing is downright false most of the time!
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

Rick's singing has just gotten worse and worse. It's absolutely horrible in that clip, and it's not very good in some other bootlegs from the tour.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

want as bad as the verses of Comfortably Numb on PULSE
Auggie
Axe
Axe

Post by Auggie »

Still knows how to play the organ though...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Isn't that an overdub by someone messing around? I dont remember the DVD of this I have sounding that bad!
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

Well, I heard an another version of this song with Mr Wright on leadvocals, far better mixed, but with the same voice. In my humble opinion, this shouldn't have been aired.

But on the other hand, I like this treatment too. It's some kind of Pink Floyd's Rick Wright goes "grunge" in a Kurt Cobain style. :-)

Perhaps it's a good statement that Mr Gilmour doesn't want to re-start Pink Floyd. Gigs like these makes only one to believe our heroes are fading... Well, I am pretty sure the voice of Mr Wright could fit perfectly well for other songs.

Best regards
Peter
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Yeah, the mix is bad, but I don't think it can totally excuse the performance. Rick's voice really does sound awful. Maybe his new solo album will be instrumental? [-o<
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

Massed Gadgets wrote:Yeah, the mix is bad, but I don't think it can totally excuse the performance. Rick's voice really does sound awful. Maybe his new solo album will be instrumental? [-o<
Well, I agree with your smiley! :-)
I think if they let Mr Wrights voice be drowned by more guitar and drums, perhaps it should sound more preferable. An old trick; if the leadvocalist can't sing, let the drums and bass be louder...
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I have the DVD of the Jools Holland show as well, and it's much better.

It seems someone has tinkered with the audio to make Rick sound bad. I think he's sounded pretty good when harmonizing with David, which are most of his vocal parts.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

I don't think he sounds too bad, but he's insanely high on the mix and it's fairly obvious he can't hold any note for more than a second.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

The vocals in the video are pretty bad, but when they played Arnold Layne at the 4/20 gig, his vocals were perfect. 8)
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

Slambient Expressway wrote:...and it's fairly obvious he can't hold any note for more than a second.
Yes, this is much true (I am tone-death but can hear it!), but I wonder if someone could explain why Mr Wright can't keep the note? Not recalling the vocals/melody in his mind? Toothache? Drunk? Or most thinkable of this shy man; nervous...?

For myself, I would be happy to at all hit any proper note when I try to sing; one second for Mr Wright is far betten then me... :-)

Best regards,
Peter
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

It's bloody horrible,Nuff said
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

Narek wrote:The vocals in the video are pretty bad, but when they played Arnold Layne at the 4/20 gig, his vocals were perfect. 8)
Actually Narek, this one was the best with David Bowie FTW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JyKZlAq0Os