Pink Floyd Box Set - "The Boy, The Man"

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

Something along the lines of "Total Eclipse" box set from "Great Dane" would be cool. If they would just dig up some b-sides and some unreleased live footage, I'm sure they probably have a ton of stuff like that...then it would be a worthwhile purchase. Here's another thought you know they have Darkside live footage as well as Wall live footage throw some of those gems on a DVD.
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

Post by Arnie Layne »

Shine on was way overpriced for what it was, the Great dane set I remember paying ?45 for, and it was a lovely set, I don't think they could honestly get away with another half arsed box set, maybe we should petition them and suggest what to put in? :D
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Hmm I wonder if this is related to Wish You Were Here 5.1 surround sound?

And him saying next year is a big year for the band hmmm, seems to hint at more than a release (yes im reading too far into it lol)
henno

Post by henno »

does anyone think that fkoyd management would check these fan sites to see what the fans would like to see released??

i agree with arnies suggestion of petitioning them, or rather just contacting them with our unanimous suggestions??
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I'd much rather hear alternative studio takes or demos of songs than live versions..

If I want to hear a live recording then I will listen to a bootleg.
Brain Damage
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Brain Damage »

the new boxed set is probably just gonna be like echoes, if there is even one comming out, the best boxed set they came out with was shine on and you cant get it anymore except for ebay. if its like shine on ill get it and itll be worth the money (hopefully) if its just a new echoes thing, then ill be let down. :(
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Id rather have The First XI than Shine On
that was the boxed set of all the vinyl LPs on the Harvest label that came out before The Wall
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

J Ed wrote:Id rather have The First XI than Shine On
that was the boxed set of all the vinyl LPs on the Harvest label that came out before The Wall
My God! What a beauty! I've heard of it, but haven't seen the actual box itself. Are all the LP's in there picture discs? Shame The Wall ain't in there.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Indeed a beauty :D
Of course I'd like it to be a new album, but I really hope it's not gonna be a "best-of" set. And it probably won't, since it's a BOX-SET.
My "3 wishes" :D are:
Rare&unreleased artwork
rare&unrelesed live stuff, esp late 60's and TFC stuff
other rare&unreleased

+ one more
psst... *not overpriced, please. I know PF are 4ever and ever, but I know my money isn't*
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:rare&unrelesed live stuff, esp late 60's and TFC stuff
It would help if they had actually played songs from The Final Cut live!

I'm afraid you won't be getting any live stuff from that album by Pink Floyd.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Meneer Jansen wrote: Are all the LP's in there picture discs? Shame The Wall ain't in there.
the photos are from an old auction site, I found by doing a Google Images search
heres the text from the auction site
Auctionsite wrote:Very rare UK issued 11 LP box set, containing 2 picture discs (Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Here) and nine LPs on standard black vinyl. I have also included a copy of the album 'The Final Cut' making a total of 12 albums altogether.
CATALOGUE NUMBER - PF11
DESCRIPTION:
1 Dark Side Of The Moon picture disc (SHVLP804) - record has very slight crackle at start of both side but soon fades out. Side 1 has two light marks but does not affect playback of record. There is a small amount of writing on the inner sleeve
2 Wish You Were Here picture disc (SHVLP814) - record near mint, having a couple of light surface which again does not affect playback of record. Sleeve in excellent condition
3 Animals (SHVL815) - record mint, inner sleeve near mint and sleeve excellent
4 Ummagumma (SHDW1/2) - record mint, sleeve very near mint
5 Obscured By Clouds (SHSP4020) - record mint, sleeve has small seem split but otherwise excellent
6 Saucerful Of Secrets (SCX6258) - record mint, sleeve very near mint
7 Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (SCX6157) - Sleeve has some light wear marks (mainly a small mark at the top right corner) but otherwise excellent, record near mint
8 Atom Heart (SHVL781) - record mint, sleeve has some creasing on spine but otherwise near mint
9 More (SCX6346) - record mint, sleeve very near mint
10 Relics (SRS5071) - record mint, sleeve very near mint
11 Meddle (SHVL795) - record mint, sleeve very near mint
12 The Final Cut (SHPF1983) - record near mint, sleeve excellent
The box itself shows some small signs of wear, having a couple of small marks on the front (please see image), as well as a another couple of small marks on the rear. There is also a split along the edge of the outer box measuring approximately 7 centimeters on the side and some signs of rubbing marks mainly along one edge .
This edition with the pictures disc was limited to just 1000 copies when released in 1979
ponkine
Blade
Blade

Post by ponkine »

PLEASE RELEASE THE WALL LIVE FILM DVD FOR GOD'S SAKE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.petitiononline.com/livewall/petition.html

This what the fans want and ask most !!!!!!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Meneer Jansen wrote:What's the point of releasing TWO boxed sets from ONE band?
Consider this: I've not yet bought Shine On. When it first came out, I wasn't interested in anything prior to Meddle and already had everything else.

Now that I'm more familiar with their pre-Meddle work, another boxed set might include MORE Barrett-era stuff than Shine On and might appeal to me enough to actually make me fork over the cash for it.

And for all the people complaining about all the stuff that WON'T be on the set...don't be so sure.

Shine On, much like AMLOR, strikes me as being a product of Gilmour's attempts to shove the fact that they were doing it without Roger into Roger's face. The set is oddly "Gilmour-centric."

There's no PATGOD, the discs go from ASOS to Meddle (I think,) and if I remember correctly (though I COULD be wrong here,) there was no TFC.

Maybe this new boxed set will be a more thorough representation of the band's history instead of just a Gilmour Showcase.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

mosespa wrote: Shine On, much like AMLOR, strikes me as being a product of Gilmour's attempts to shove the fact that they were doing it without Roger into Roger's face. The set is oddly "Gilmour-centric."
There's no PATGOD, the discs go from ASOS to Meddle (I think,) and if I remember correctly (though I COULD be wrong here,) there was no TFC.
Maybe this new boxed set will be a more thorough representation of the band's history instead of just a Gilmour Showcase.
it very much wasnt a "gilmour showcase"... the cds they released in the set were floyds best selling albums. the wall was included, which definately is not gilmour, and the rest minus AMLOR was mostly from floyds best era when they all worked together. the Shine on set was more of a greatest hits then the echoes 2 cd set.

by the way that petion is way old... :lol: look who they have a PFs manager...hes been dead a few years.
i really dont think PF cares what the fans want otherwise we would have had it already...
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

J Ed wrote:Id rather have The First XI than Shine On
I'm with you on that one. I still get all excited about vinyl. I just don't get all that excited about cd's. If Pink Floyd does make a new box, lets hope for some limited edition vinyl, huh? Just picture the nice big exclusive artwork and book you would get only with the vinyl. =P~