Ginger Gilmour - David's First Wife

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ginger Gilmour - David's First Wife

Post by Keith Jordan »

Here is a photo of the delightful Ginger Gilmour below.

More photos here...

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... r-gilmour/

David had his first 4 children with Ginger: Alica, Clare, Sarah and Matthew.

Ginger is into sculpture and art and things. Gilmour bad-mouthed the quality of their children's education and Ginger was interviewed about that. Transcript here...

http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/ar ... lmour.html

Another Telegraph interview

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/artic ... _1,00.html

Art Daily Interview

http://www.artdaily.com/section/lastwee ... int_modo=2

vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

she`s more beautiful than the present Gilmour wife
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

As a "young 'un" she certainly was better looking. Not sure about thesedays though. She is about 57-60 though!!

MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

i have read a few interviews where shes said some very unfavorable things about him (david) and drugs, i will try to find them.
vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

it can be interesting!
vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

Keith Jordan wrote:As a "young 'un" she certainly was better looking. Not sure about thesedays though. She is about 57-60 though!!
but she`s still like an angel :)
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

In referrence to http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/ar ... lmour.html article. They mention the irony of David's concerns with eductaion given the Floyd's "we don't need no education." verse.

Of course, since 'we don't need no..' is a double negative, what Rog was REALLY saying is, 'we need education'. He knew what he was saying. Honestly. :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, I had to laugh at that myself. They obviously didn't get it!! :lol:
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

I thought that was an interesting article considering my daughter had an excellent waldorf education and is about to graduate from a regular high school with honors. I guess the warldorf sytem isn't for everyone but it seems like a creative musician wouldn't want his kids to be educated by a factory school!
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

There's three sides to the story, yours mine and the truth. Always disgruntled wives in rock and roll.

Very few marriages lasted long in rock and roll. John Deacon is still married to his college sweetheart Veronica after 31 years. Dennis DeYoung is still married to his high school sweetheart Suzanne after 36 years. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson still have their first wives. Neil Peart's first wife died after his daughter died.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:There's three sides to the story, yours mine and the truth. Always disgruntled wives in rock and roll.

Very few marriages lasted long in rock and roll. John Deacon is still married to his college sweetheart Veronica after 31 years. Dennis DeYoung is still married to his high school sweetheart Suzanne after 36 years. Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson still have their first wives. Neil Peart's first wife died after his daughter died.
Let's not forget John Paul Jones and wife Mo after 30+ years! :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Shes somehow turned from rather fancy lady into Jilly Goolden, I still would mind you but surely preventative steps could have been taken??
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

pffan1990 wrote:
ESLAFTK2112 wrote:There's three sides to the story, yours mine and the truth. Always disgruntled wives in rock and roll.

Let's not forget John Paul Jones and wife Mo after 30+ years! :)
I forgot about that one as well. Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford still have their wives almost 30 years later (same is not said for Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins).
Coma Divine
Blade
Blade

Post by Coma Divine »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:There's three sides to the story, yours mine and the truth.
How very Vorlon. :wink:
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I really like her hairstyle.
I think she looks fabulous for her age. Think her teeth look like they need some attention though.