Double Core?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Patrik
Axe
Axe

rough sketch no heaven no hell

Post by Patrik »

Hi!
I just uploaded on our my space profil
http://www.myspace.com/formelyswedishwhistler

"No Heaven No Hell"

Just a rough sketch with Sussi singing and me playing acoustic guitar

The song is still in progress.
Any ideas how to make it as floydish as possible is very welcome :-)

Cheers!
Patrik
Axe
Axe

secrecy

Post by Patrik »

Hi Mosepa,
I dont either know how we swop our demos around.
I uploaded our first very rough unprofessional demo on our myspace profile - if not ok for the secrecy around the project I of course delete it.
I put it there for da involved people -

as first demos from us all may be rather raw and unproffesional would some secrecy be fine (if possible).

If not possible well, let us have them as last tracks on our pages and with low profile.

Best Regards Patrik
Neil1567/2 wrote:Hi Mosespa,
I guess I'm having the same problem as SimpleDumbPilot.Heres our myspace address if you want to add us on to the Double Core page: http://www.myspace.com/theamberherd .As many will recall,I am a techno numpty so I'd be pleased if someone can tell me how having the project myspace site will enable us to swop our demos around? I can understand that if we all have access to be able to edit the site's profile we can post up to four songs at a time on the site but,of course,they'll be available to any site visitors to listen to.Anyway,I'm sure its something to do with the add songs feature and is a great idea so when the time comes I'll be pleased to do it if some kind soul tells me how! Thought I'd better read the lyrics to No Heaven and No Hell-very good! Very Rog.I'm pleased in a way 'cos having seen the posts I was worried about a Floyd Album having "Hope" as its theme!! Having read the lyrics though,I guess dispair could also be the theme,as could existentialism.Quite a broad pallet there then!! Magnolia,at the moment,is lyrically a sort of relationship breakup One of My Turns type thing but can easily be adapted to suit the theme-although its hard to instantly find a great deal of Hope in there.Anyway,back to the rockface....
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Suppose I should make some kind of update to how I'm getting on with Away From The Skies. Musically I've got the framework down, although my soundcard is being funny so my timing is all over the place and I'll need to re-record everything. Lyrically I've got the basis of a chorus worked out, but have to work on the verses. I'm always better with lyrics once I have music to fit them to.

Is the 1/1/07 deadline for our submissions or demos? I'm sure I could whip up the finished product in 16 days if need be... Who needs Christmas anyway?! ;)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Patrik, the myspace idea isn't quite working out like I was hoping that it would...but that's okay because it's causing me to think on my feet :D

I'm currently abandoning the idea of us swapping our demos around with each other in favor of keeping the element of surprise for even the participants.

DB, the 1/1/07 deadline is ideally for completed submissions. However, if this deadline is too close for everyone, I can extend it a bit.

The reason I chose such a close date was because I have a target date to have this thing released and I'd like as much time as I can get to make sure the complete project sounds as good as it possibly can.

Remember, I'm not a professional studio engineer and whatever positive things one can say about the recordings I've submitted to the project so far, one also has to admit that my lack of engineering skills is apparent, lol.

So, I'd like to take as much time assembling and mastering this as I can get away with 8)
Patrik
Axe
Axe

deadline

Post by Patrik »

Thanks, Mosepa! A deadline is good as it put some pressure to be finished but myself i find 1/1/07 as a very too short deadline!
I dont think anyone of the involved people here are lazy - it simply takes some time to write a song, rehearsel it - maybe do the necessary changes - and then recording it hopefully with some producing.

And its also rather close to chrismas and I think some of us have familys to think about.
Thats da cause in our band and it hard right now to come together

It takes some time to make it real good.
But of course ithout spending 3 years in da studio!! :-)
The real P F took their time in studio - so a bit expanded deadline would be nice.

What do you others feel?

Is Double Core somehow planned to be combinated with the minitour?

"I'm currently abandoning the idea of us swapping our demos around with each other in favor of keeping the element of surprise for even the participants."

Surprises are fun! But how do we do if the album should sound as a integrated work?

Best Regards Patrik
mosespa wrote:Patrik, the myspace idea isn't quite working out like I was hoping that it would...but that's okay because it's causing me to think on my feet :D

I'm currently abandoning the idea of us swapping our demos around with each other in favor of keeping the element of surprise for even the participants.

DB, the 1/1/07 deadline is ideally for completed submissions. However, if this deadline is too close for everyone, I can extend it a bit.

The reason I chose such a close date was because I have a target date to have this thing released and I'd like as much time as I can get to make sure the complete project sounds as good as it possibly can.

Remember, I'm not a professional studio engineer and whatever positive things one can say about the recordings I've submitted to the project so far, one also has to admit that my lack of engineering skills is apparent, lol.

So, I'd like to take as much time assembling and mastering this as I can get away with 8)
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Some fair points raised re timescales-particularly from the man who's pulling it all together.To be fair,the deadline was set some time ago but it has certainly crept up on us! With Christmas and New Year between now and then this only makes it harder-but then again,hopefully, we'll all have a bit of time off so it'll maybe make it easier. Without wishing to sound like teacher's pet,we've finished the recording of Magnolia today and it just needs mixing down.It'll be on its way to the USA this week! I don't fully understand the mastering process but maybe if Mosepa has a track ot two to get started on it'll give the rest of you slackers a bit more time to finish your tunes? :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Tell ya what, guys; I'll extend the deadline to Valentine's Day.

Februrary 14.

That should still give me plenty of time.
Patrik
Axe
Axe

Post by Patrik »

That sounds fine! :-)
Thanks!
mosespa wrote:Tell ya what, guys; I'll extend the deadline to Valentine's Day.

Februrary 14.

That should still give me plenty of time.
Patrik
Axe
Axe

Post by Patrik »

Hope also you will have some christmas now with the extended
deadline :-)

Will be nice to hear your track! Cheers! patrik
db_intheflesh wrote:Suppose I should make some kind of update to how I'm getting on with Away From The Skies. Musically I've got the framework down, although my soundcard is being funny so my timing is all over the place and I'll need to re-record everything. Lyrically I've got the basis of a chorus worked out, but have to work on the verses. I'm always better with lyrics once I have music to fit them to.

Is the 1/1/07 deadline for our submissions or demos? I'm sure I could whip up the finished product in 16 days if need be... Who needs Christmas anyway?! ;)
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Here is a great place to swap files....its an online storage area... http://www.4shared.com you can download and play the files from the site. :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

mosespa wrote:Remember, I'm not a professional studio engineer and whatever positive things one can say about the recordings I've submitted to the project so far, one also has to admit that my lack of engineering skills is apparent, lol.
You know where I am if you need me dude, anything I can do to help just say the word.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

simpledumbpilot wrote:You know where I am if you need me dude, anything I can do to help just say the word.
Thanks, Stu :D

I figured you'd be busy with Volume Three and didn't want to impose.

I'm going to go ahead and take a stab at mastering this thing myself...but if I get in a bind (and I should know that fairly quickly,) I'll say the word.
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

I'm already a fan of your's

Post by Vera Lynn »

Just a word of encouragement to all the people involved in this project! :D Hat's off to you all! Can't wait till the finish product is out and I know it's gonna be awsome! I'm already a fan of your's! Keep up the good work, I will finally have my wish come true :shock: "The Last Pink Floyd Album Double Core" 8) . Hopefully it will be available to all the PF fan in the world! Since I'm your first true fan :D I should deserve the first album autograph by all the member! Sound a bit sucky maybe but I believe in that project since the first day I read it in this thread and I was saying to myself what a fantastic idea! Once again keep up the good work I'll follow the progression! :wink:
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

final mix

Post by Vera Lynn »

BTW: Just by curiosity do you think in the final mix this album will be a concept album?? Just asking! Thanks :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

We've actually discussed that (to a small degree.) I think the closest thing we could all discern as a "concept" was "duality."

...or something like that...

Anyway, I DO plan to have the songs all flow into each other and create as cohesive a whole as can be assembled from nine different acts all working independently and in secrecy :lol: 8) :D