New Waters Song: Hello (I love you) - From "The Last Mi

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

New Waters Song: Hello (I love you) - From "The Last Mi

Post by Jascierto »

Hi all

Thought you'd be interested in this bit of news:
http://www.therockradio.com/2007/01/new ... n-way.html

Has anybody heard anything about this?

A new song from ex-Pink Floyd singer-bassist Roger Waters is on the way. It's called "Hello (I Love You)," and it will be featured in an upcoming movie titled The Last Mimzy. The song, which has nothing to do with the Doors hit of the same name, will be released ahead of the film, which will be screened this month at the Sundance Festival in Park City, Utah, and then open on March 23rd.

Waters isn't the only Floyd-man with new music. Over the holidays, singer-guitarist David Gilmour released a digital single with two live versions of "Arnold Layne," which was the first single Pink Floyd ever released. One take has Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright on vocals, while the other features David Bowie. There's also a version of the late Syd Barrett's "Dark Globe."

The Last Mimzy is a science-fiction tale about two children who develop amazing powers after discovering a box of other-worldly toys. The movie stars Timothy Hutton, Joely Richardson, and Michael Clarke Duncan.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I have heard nothing about this prior to now, thank you for posting it. I cannot wait to hear this if it is true.
TheHumanDriveInHiFi
Blade
Blade

Post by TheHumanDriveInHiFi »

this makes me not like roger even more

i mean come ON!!!!! there is only ONE!!!! Hello I Love You and that is THE DOORS

even if it has nothing to do with it, its the same damn name
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:this makes me not like roger even more

i mean come ON!!!!! there is only ONE!!!! Hello I Love You and that is THE DOORS

So what? Camel have a song called Echoes which has nothing to do with the Pink Floyd song of the same name yet it is still extremely good.

You seriously "don't like Roger even more" just for having a song with the same name as a song by The Doors?
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:this makes me not like roger even more

You're a fool with a very narrow mind, and probably a narrower penis.
TheHumanDriveInHiFi
Blade
Blade

wow great comeback ( i didnt know penis size was a huge deal here at NPF)

ok so im going to record a song called Several Species of small furry animals gathering together in a cave with a pict and it has NOTHING to do with pink floyd

you dont think there is going to be a few people that go.. um....... wait a min

you have to expect some people to turn their head sideways and say "now wait just a second"

i love the world, i say something bad about Waters, and i get commented on penises and what not, wow your so cool
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:ok so im going to record a song called Several Species of small furry animals gathering together in a cave with a pict and it has NOTHING to do with pink floyd
It's quite different. That song name is obviously much more unique, original and eccentric than "Hello (I Love You)". Try giving a realistic example. If a modern artist released a song that had absolutely no association with Syd Barrett called "Late Night" or "No Man's Land", I'm sure you wouldn't think much of it. Or at least I hope not, because it is completely irrelevant. In the same way that the song by The Doors is completely irrelevant in relation to this.
TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:you dont think there is going to be a few people that go.. um....... wait a min

you have to expect some people to turn their head sideways and say "now wait just a second"
And it is a ridiculous thing to expect. I didn't quite realise that people would care very much about the fact that a new Roger Waters song happens to share the same name as an old song by The Doors. Especially considering the fact that the lyrics and music are apparently completely unrelated to the song by The Doors.
TheHumanDriveInHiFi
Blade
Blade

i can completely understand why you may think it is ridicoulus that i think this way sometimes, my last post wasnt even a shot at you, but that other guy

but its just sometimes when newer music comes out (i know it has to recycle it self at some point) but damn that closely identical?

i mean you all would be pretty pissed if FalloutBoy came out with a new single called Little Wing" or if Pete Townshend came out with a song called What God Wants

you all think i hate waters so much, its a love-hate relationship with him

i guess you all didnt know i bought all of his solo works just so i could support for what he did in his "floyd" days

now if thats not respect i dont know what is

just because i dont appreciate his solo works, i still loved his contributions to pink floyd

Sam (the supposed narrow penis guy)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

No, don't get me wrong, I don't think you hate Roger Waters. And I will openly admit that I think Amused To Death is boring and overrated (although I like Perfect Sense), his solo work isn't even a scratch on Pink Floyd. But I do not mind him using this song name at all. Perhaps I wouldn't like it if I was more into The Doors, I don't know. All that really matters to me is the music; the title of the song doesn't matter at all, as far as I'm concerned, even if it's blatant plagiarism.

And the 'penis comment' was rather immature, in my opinion. Just ignore it, it's just an irrelevant attempt at an insult.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote: i mean you all would be pretty pissed if FalloutBoy came out with a new single called Little Wing" or if Pete Townshend came out with a song called What God Wants
Why should we? It happens all the time... Should we really be mad at Pink Floyd for using the name "Dark Side of the Moon" since it was used before by another band for an album? :wink:
TheHumanDriveInHiFi
Blade
Blade

was their album darkside of the moon commercially successful? no.

hell alot of people dont even know that album exists
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

TheHumanDriveInHiFi wrote:was their album darkside of the moon commercially successful? no.

hell alot of people dont even know that album exists
And for that reason Pink Floyd are justified in using the name? That doesn't quite make sense.
TheHumanDriveInHiFi
Blade
Blade

go ask someone on the street who made the album "dark side of the moon" and i bet all of them will say Pink Floyd

pink floyd made that title very very very popular

if Papa roach came out with an album called darkside of the moon all of you would say "what the fuck"

the doors have made that title very very popular

Dr Hoffman synthezied lsd , but no one praises him like they do terrance mckenna or timothy leary now do they?

my major point is, for someone like Waters (who has been around the musical block) why must they recycle old song names, that new untalented bands should be doing because they dont know any better

ive heard roger waters once or twice, i know he can do better than that
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

Post by Jascierto »

Ahhhh, what's in a name?

I'm more interested in the song itself: does anybody know anything about it?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I've edited this post...'cause my brain...anyway, I thought it might be a re-write of the song people were calling "Woman" that appears very briefly on ITF and was heard at sound checks this past year...but, could this be another song altogether...woooah!!