Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

Post by Keith Jordan »

As previously reported, David Gilmour recorded a session at Abbey Road Studios in London on 29th August 2006 to be aired as part of a Channel 4 music documentary series called Live From Abbey Road.

I am now happy to report that David's programme will first be broadcast in the UK on Digital channel More 4 on Friday 2nd March 2007 at 11PM. It will then probably be aired on analogue/digital Channel 4 on Monday 5th March 2007 although this has yet to be 100% confirmed.

The songs David and his band recorded in the studio sessions were On An Island, Take A Breath, Smile, The Blue, Astonomy Domine and Echoes.

View Preview

Channel 4 have set up a website for you to learn more about the many artists involved, watch footage, view stills etc. You can visit that here. There is also an official forum here.

Not Got Digital?

If you are in the UK and have not yet got a digital TV receiver of some sort (Satellite, Cable or Freeview), then why not hurry along and get yourself upgraded so you can watch the broadcast on More4? Analogue TV will be turned off in the next few years so you might as well make the leap now!

If you don't want to pay a subscruption to Cable or Satellite, then you should get yourself a Freeview box which are pretty cheap! There is lots of info about Digital TV on the BBC here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Here are the details for the 12 shows broadcast on More 4 then repeated the following Monday's on C4.
<table><tr><td>Show</td><td>Artist</td><td>More4</td></tr><tr><td>1</td>
<td>Paul Simon, Corinne Bailey Rae and Primal Scream</td><td>12 Jan 11pm</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>Kasabian, Josh Groban, The Good, The Bad and The Queen</td><td>19 Jan 11.30pm</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>Jamiroquai, Goo Goo Dolls, Damien Rice</td><td>26 Jan 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>4</td><td>Dr John, Massive Attack, LeAnn Rimes</td><td>2 Feb 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>5</td><td>The Feeling, Gnarls Barkley, The Killers</td><td>9 Feb 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>6</td><td>Snow Patrol, Madeleine Peyroux, The Red Hot Chili Peppers</td><td>16 Feb 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>7</td><td>The Kooks, Wynton Marsalis, Muse</td><td>23 Feb 11.30pm</td></tr>
<tr> <td><strong>8</strong></td><td>Amos Lee, Randy Crawford, <strong>David Gilmour</strong></td><td><strong>2 March 11.30pm</strong></td></tr><tr> <td>9</td><td>Ray LaMontagne, The Zutons, Shawn Colvin and Nerina Pallot </td><td>9 March 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>10</td><td>Craig David, James Morrison, Dave Matthews</td><td>16 March 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>11</td><td>John Mayer, Norah Jones, Richard Ashcroft</td><td>23 March 11.30pm</td></tr><tr> <td>12</td><td>Gipsy Kings, Natasha Bedingfield, Iron Maiden</td><td>30 March 11.30pm</td></tr></table>
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

He seems an oddball being included in that list of musicians.
It's quite hard to stomach really how bands like Snow Patrol, The Kooks and The Feeling are allowed to walk in and polute the hallowed ground to which so many fine musicians and artists let alone all the ground breaking music that has been made at Abbey road.
It seems nowadays you no longer need to do the 'apprenticeship' in music. Any two bit band can do it.
I reckon i could get to do a special in Abbey road in a years time if i tried. They seem to accept anyone nowadays regardless of if they are actually any good or not or is it just so long as they sell a certain amount of records to the deaf British public or is it that the younger generations parents drug habits all those years ago are finally reaping the consequences in that they are now producing offspring that have little idea of what music actually is anymore !
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

the feeling are shit pop trash wankers natasha bedinfuckfiled WTF she hasnt made a song in ages and has no point being there talentless muppet along with that James blunt 2 Morrison asswipe :twisted: :evil: naff off pop prats :twisted: :evil:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hey. It could be worse. You could have Westlife sitting on stools wearing white suits and singing MOR tripe like The Rose, a DJ playing Thud Music or someone who came 2nd or 3rd in X-Factor.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The first program of this is on tonight on More4. I shall record it to DVD I think.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Is that the slightly strange acoustic Echoes people have talked about?
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

Keith Jordan wrote:The first program of this is on tonight on More4. I shall record it to DVD I think.
Oh I was going to :?

Oh well whatever works

Thanks Keith :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

matknny wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:The first program of this is on tonight on More4. I shall record it to DVD I think.
Oh I was going to :?

Oh well whatever works

Thanks Keith :D
Am I missing a piece of information here? You were going to record it and now you can not because I am?? What is connecting us and our recording?? :)
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

jambo wrote:Is that the slightly strange acoustic Echoes people have talked about?
Yes. The acoustic echoes starts after the whale section and ends with David saying "Whoosh" to end the song.
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

were u there?
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Unfortunately not. I know four people who were.

Lucky bastards.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

that strange queer features editor guy on Gilmour's blog, told us that there won't be any echoes on the sessions. Only 3 songs from the island record.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

fatoldbob wrote:
jambo wrote:Is that the slightly strange acoustic Echoes people have talked about?
Yes. The acoustic echoes starts after the whale section and ends with David saying "Whoosh" to end the song.
And David's Blog says - this Echoes will never be released!!! I say :arrow: :smt076
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Yeah! Piss me off! I want "special" Echoes!