syd barrett lost interview :Fake or original?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

syd barrett lost interview :Fake or original?

Post by arnold crow »

...i have a Syd Barrett rare interview that i would like to share with you all...

before listening to the interview i want to tell you all that the quality is so bad that i could hardly listen to what syd was saying so i had to rise the volume so i could hear something...so that's why there is an awfull loud rain sound on top of the interview...

after listening to the tape ..i think that it might be fake but i like to know what you people think about it...
Last edited by arnold crow on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It doesn't sound a thing like him! :? Has a touch of Irish and the tone is too flat. I would say it is either fake or mislabeled!
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

Post by arnold crow »

Exactly! that's what i think too!...it doesn't sound like Syd...but i don't think it's mislabeled because the information there it's about Syd from Pink Floyd as the guy say at the begining...so i might just turn out to be a fake one i'm afraid... :cry:

I want to know what other people think of it tho......
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Have a listen to his voice here in 1967. Not very Irish!! :lol:

At the 6 minutes mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGCX3iqnLo

That tape is someone's little project and is a fake.
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

Post by arnold crow »

When when i think about it...u might be right!! i'm sure it was the same guy who sold me the tape that did it in the first place... :lol: ...like a joke or something like that!!! :lol: :lol:

The guy was known as to be an heroin addict who collected stuff since the seventies old record magazines and posters all kind of JUNK!!! :D

that's why he was smiling when he sold me the tape when i think about it!!! :roll:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Is that a South African Syd who turns Irish at will?