Your complaints about the Features Editor at Gilmour's blog

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Your complaints about the Features Editor at Gilmour's blog

Post by cRaB »

I'd like to hopenly complain about that features editor guy over at Gilmour's blog.
He's usually rude, unpolite and generally a bitch, editing everything he doesn't want to put on.
I suggest to avoid that blog, after his ultiamtae statement, fansites being full of shite (re: David's dvd release date being not the 27th march, 3th february 2007).
BD is actually one of the best unofficial site around, PF official site being really zero.
Sorry for this, but I had to say it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yes, it is a little over censored and is just a clique of people. I have no interest in partipating further at that website.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yes, thats true...he went a bit over the top with that statement.
He is taking it all too personaly. He could have said it in a more subtile way.
You cannot attack Matt. Guy is one of the most dedicated Floyd fans.
I'm sure that Gilmour himself would have said it in a much more nicer way that the release date is not 27. march.
PR can sometimes be a bitch. Take my word for it.

But on the other hand, that blog is a usefull source of information for Gilmourians. I'm posting there like once a month, but i pop there to see if theres any news concerning Dave.
pfco

Post by pfco »

Every single Pink Floyd fan based site on the Internet should complain about this, imo. To call fan sites nothing but "tabloids" and "rubbish" should reveal the depth of his pomposity and arrogance to folks who did not see it demonstrated before this. Whether or not the complaints will make any difference with how that Blog is administered in the future is the question. It's been unacceptable for a long time, and continues doing more harm than good.

Sandy
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Brain Damage is the best! That site is more accurate than DG or RWaters' site.

I'd like to make a brief statement of Features Ed there. The Features Ed is an a**! I remember he got pissed at me when I told him that OAI tanked in the US. He doesn't realize that the US is a bigger country than Canada, England, Germany, Italy or any of those combined. Also in the US, rap music (or crap music as I call rap) is now the most dominant force in music then Disney kids music then country then rock although as of late rap is losing its appeal. Then again, England is still stuck in boy-band land.
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

I've got the same impression. He seems like a guy that is utterly impatient and intolerant with everything and everyone. The kind of guy that if you were with at a bus stop, and asked him if he knew when the bus was, he'd shout at you for not checking the timetable and generally condemn you to hell for being an ignorant intrusive idiot. Perhaps.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

maybe Roger Waters team kidnapped David's editor and put their own... :lol:
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

I was inclined after reading the terrible blog to send this e-mail to Brain Damage:
Matt,

I have been visiting your site for a long time now and receiving most of my Floyd related news here. This is one of the best fansites out there, if not the greatest. After reading Gilmour's blog today and seeing the comments made about this site I am outraged. The comments given to this site don't just offend you, it offends us fans as well. Bashing this fansite is the same as bashing every fan out there in the world. Us fans are sticking by your side. I (and several other fans I know) would like to give you guys a big two thumbs way up for your work on this great site. Keep up the good work and I look forward to getting some more news from here.

Andrew
i guess i might as well share it :)
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

I just posted a nasty message on the blog calling the FED an a**hole amongst other things! he needs to keep his big mouth shut. If it weren't for BD then nothing would be known. BD is the best site, Neptune is second, Glimpse is bottom of barrel!
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

Quote from DG blog:
What I think is so rediculous is that you run this blog site, as you say for the benefit of giving people the 'genuine' information, however you are so incedibly rude and ignorant to anyone who comments against you.

As someone representing a recording artist by running an official site, you should therefore reply to peoples posts in a respectful manner, rather then making them feel like an idiot.

Maybe people belive what these fansites say, as they talk to people in a respectful way and do more for the artist then the official sites ever do.

Your reply to my post was incredibly rude and if your so close to David Gilmour as you state, then i dont think he'l be too happy at you for upsetting his fans.

[I wouldn't have thought that the bootlegging, the profiteering, the concert photography, the demanding tone or the warped sense of self-entitlement is too pleasing, either. - Features Editor]
As many others have pointed out on this comments page, just before they're dismissed as mindless oafs, fansites like Brain Damage and this one are the ones keeping up the interest in Pink Floyd and DG. Were there not this sort of medium for fans, not only would there be less interest, but ultimately the artists would make less money, sell less material, and so on. This idiot is so mindless, spiteful and bitter in his replies that it's a wonder he's still there. What the hell is going on behind the scenes at this website that everyone there is so blind to the detremental effect this editor is having on their site. It's like the government employing Hitler as their representative, it's madness and disappointing.

I wonder what'd happen if I posted that on the blog, banned before I could say "27th March??"

http://davidgilmour.musicblog.co.uk/200 ... l#comments

ARGH!
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

oh let's just forget the whole thing and wait for the DVD release, whenever it may be.... :wink:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Does anyone know who this guy is?
Whats his name?

I know he is male, Brit, mid 40ies, has some knowlage about the Floyd...

Maybee he is Neptunes former member?
And Keef booted him out and now
he is planning a revenge against all fan sites...revenge of the Fed. :twisted:
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

...and most of the blog entries are soooo f***ing dumb! It seems the guy surrounded himself with brainless- I don't have a social life - losers!
And...he edits every criticism, anything said against him, his blog, or gilmour himself. Is this democracy?!
Damn! Who made the floyd great?
Answer: we, the fans!
Who kept high the interest about a band who 's being dead for 13 years, talking about them, BUYING their records?
Answer, again: WE the fu***g, stupid fans!
So, F. Ed, or whatever your name is, get a life, and pay respect, because you are nothing, and you mean nothing to us!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

one of the reasons i stay here and avoid that blog.....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The blog is a load of rubbish and the FED is on some sort of power trip. I dont think the companies that worked with David and his management to promote his album thought of fan sites as dirty tabloid things. The promotion companies were very happy to have us running competitions for them, giving us information, pres releases etc. I think the Features Editor is damaging the goodwill between David Gilmour, his fans, and the admins of the site that dedicate a lot of time to helping support the artist.

I think perhaps it is time to have the Features Editor removed with a mass online petition to EMI! What sort of power trip will they he on then?? :lol: