Your complaints about the Features Editor at Gilmour's blog

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

Fed realy should not be an operator on a DG site, he insulted me , this is when, he allowed too many anti- Roger statements, I was quite fed up with it so:

No realy Roger has the best lyrics and David can't write them so how does it feel now, hey Fed how does it fell an anti DAVID post, you allow anti Roger post why?

If it wasn't for Roger, David would had not been where he is now.

Realy dissapointed.

[You and me both, Christian. I'm very disappointed. Grow up. This blog entry is about David's solo lyrics. What exactly does Roger have to do with David's solo albums? Roger is a brilliant lyricist, as anyone in their right mind would agree. Where on this page has anyone implied that it would be a really great idea to compare one man's lyrics to another's? Or to discuss any other lyrics than those on David's solo albums? You clearly don't get it. We've discussed the alleged 'anti-Roger' post quite enough. Get over it. Go back and look for your answers. Why do some of you have to be so petty, so paranoid and so quick to jump to false, ignorant, whiney conclusions? This is David's site, we're discussing the lyrics of David's first two solo albums. Your post proves just why this blog has to be moderated and why the official Pink Floyd forum had to be shut down. Save your idiot wind for a fansite forum where you can whine until you're blue in the face and no one really cares what you have to say. Both David and Roger cringe with embarrassment when they read these small-minded, silly little comments. Think about that. I'm happy to publish your post because it makes you look like a c*nt. Don't bother posting again. - Features Editor]

that's it, the fed is also a liar, I heard, he realy lives in texas, thus I think he has no conntact with David or his mannagement, I totaly support your idea Keith.

the posts there are like, the Fed says some crap then 100 comments of aproval, and the ones whom don't share the same idea, well....

And what he did to thouse sites who posted that it will be realased in 27th March was rude, I saw that news on many sites, Including Brain Damage and Pink Floyd&Company, come on....there are two of the most important, largest and well put togather sites about PF on the internet realy!
makurre
Embryo
Embryo

Post by makurre »

Yesterday I posted there asking him, quite politely, to tell us about where he got the Floyd information from before he run that blog. He just erased that part and left my nice comments about how much I like the "Remember That Night" title. Which I do. But, I just wanted to know if he waited for the Pink Floyd official website to update, come on. It´s like if all those fansites had done nothing in the past 10 or more years, and now that the DG site is up they should shut down everything and wait for news there.

He´s attitude towards fansites is like flaming the courtains and getting mad because your family doesn´t like it. If he wants peace in that blog, why should he start the fire?

I really-really want to like that blog, I try hard, but that kind of comments make me sick. Otherwise I think they have been making quite a good job.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

hes a twat IMO slagging sites like this and BD down i take it he does not understand how well known the BD mag was back in day and its regularly updated site along with this and AFG.

The offical floyd site is naff out of date rarely updated ok never. While NPF-BD-AFG are always updated with latest news etc. He should show Col Matt and Keith and other sites with more respect. The way he denied the rumours of 27th March is well out of order a simple no offical release date annoncement would of been better rather then flaming fansites.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Just for the record, I have not mentioned when the DVD will be out except sometime in 2007!! Although I probably would have had my internet been working!! :lol:
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

there. the site admin has spoken. don't let FEd ruin your fun here!!!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

GilmourGirl wrote:there. the site admin has spoken. don't let FEd ruin your fun here!!!
We won't let him ruin the fun here,but a prick is a prick.My last words on the subject unless Keith and the lot get apetition going then sign me up.
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

:twisted: i must confess i join in the chatroom and give him a hard time!
i can almost hear him banging his keyboard on his desk!! :lol: :twisted:
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

I just posted to the DG blog and said to FED and I quote:

"I rarely post here but I can see the two sides of this argument betwen what fansites say and what FED says.

FED, there are three sides to every story on this issue of the DVD, yours, mine and the truth.

First off, the "fan sites" have been pretty reliable pertaining to PF/DG/RWaters news and they made an honest mistake (and apologuzed for it) and went by what some release date calendar inadvertently stated by some record label honcho at Sony. Second, you were too quick to judge them (the fan sites) for that and were a bit harsh attacking some of the "fan sites". The truth is, you were BOTH WRONG. You owe them (the sites) an apology.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to the DVD. Please, don't fight with posters and spammers" end quote.

I tried to be Mr. Diplomacy but FED then said and I quote "I'd love to answer back, but we really need to let this rest. Thanks for that, Terrence. A good place to close the discussion once and for all, I think", end quote.

The guy needs to relax and realize if it were not for fan sites, many fans would not know what the Hell was going on in PF land.
emerald
Embryo
Embryo

Post by emerald »

I think we should boycott visiting that blog because of that impolite agent!
When the visitor number decreases, they'll understand something is wrong!
I 'm a big fan of David, as far as I know him, he's very polite. I hope he understand we don't like the FED, and no insult to David or his site.

I support BD and AFG and NPF. :wink:
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

there's a thread over at PFCO forum, where Sandy posted Fed's best of comments, you should see, you are to be shocked by the """"nice""""" worls he(Fed) can say.

Fed is....crazy
amalyc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by amalyc »

Keith Jordan wrote:Just for the record, I have not mentioned when the DVD will be out except sometime in 2007!! Although I probably would have had my internet been working!! :lol:
Doesn't it then logically follow that the FED's comments were not directed at your site? (and Col stated he feels that any site linked to by DG is not among those the Fed intended)

everybody has plenty of sites to post their uncensored opinions, why is it such an outrage that one site exists that doesn't allow that???

As DG's official site, i'm afraid it owes all of you jack shit for blog objectivity.

i don't get why this is so important to everybody :roll:
pfco

Post by pfco »

amalyc wrote: Doesn't it then logically follow that the FED's comments were not directed at your site? (and Col stated he feels that any site linked to by DG is not among those the Fed intended)
I hope Keith doesn't mind my comments, since this was aimed at him.

It's my opinion that the "Editor's" remarks, past and present, certainly
were directed at all PF fan based sites. The fact that some of the sites that are linked to the Blog are in violation of this "Editor's" rules are pretty damned obvious. So what is the real reason behind all this hypocrisy?

Read the following remarks from the "Editor":

[I've already explained this. Too many fansites are made up of things that fans really shouldn't be using on their sites. They use photos, video clips and audio that they have no right to use freely. They support and encourage bootlegging. We can overlook all this because we are not bullies out to crush the offerings of the fans. On the contrary. But this is an official site. And it isn't about Pink Floyd, either. - Features Editor]

[I wouldn't have thought that the bootlegging, the profiteering, the concert photography, the demanding tone or the warped sense of self-entitlement is too pleasing, either. - Features Editor]

That some of the linked sites in question contain one or more of everything this guy is supposedly against, I'd say should provide a lot of thought provoking questions among the community.

Sandy
Last edited by pfco on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I'd like to preface my statements with an acknowledgement of how offended everyone has been. It is completely understandable to feel attacked in this situation and to react accordingly. That being said, I'd like to add some tempering remarks in regards to the DG blog and the Features Editor in particular.

I read NPF and the dg blog on a daily basis. There has already been too much negative karma generated over this issue. Let me personally apologize as a member of the dg blog community for any slight to NPF and any other of the Pink Floyd fansites for the comments the Features Editor made in reference to fansites. I do not believe he made these comments in malice and I know he regrets having offended so many people.

David himself has said that he reads the blog and enjoys it. Remember that the primary job of the Features Editor is to ensure that the DG blog reflects the content appropriate for David's official site. I have had my own posts to the blog censored and I understand the rationale for that censorship.

It is true that the dg.com Features Editor has a sharp and biting wit. In many cases he has made comments that he has later regretted. In this case, the enitre post was prefaced with:
If you suffer from any allergic reactions to sarcasm, particularly if you run a fansite, please stop reading now.
Given this caveat, I believe the Features Editor was cautioning that his remarks were not intended to offend. This doesnt mean that the remarks were not offensive, but that he did not purposefully set out to offend the entire fansite community.

I feel there has been quite a bit of overreaction here. I think the Features Editor overreacted in the negative tone of his post and responses. I also think the fansite community has equally overreacted in response to the Features Editor.

I have known the Features Editor to go above and beyond the call of duty to sort out ticket issues for shows and shipment issues from the DG online store. I believe he has the best interests of the overall PF community at heart, but he has a difficult position. The DG chatroom was entirely his idea and he has put much of his own time into implementing and maintaining the DG community.

Just to be clear, I agree with all here that the Feature Editor overstepped the bounds in his criticisms of fansites in general. I also believe that everyone here has a right to be upset with his posts over the weekend. In no way am I trying to gloss over the mistakes that were made.

Again, I'd like to personally apologize as a member of the DG blog community to all here at NPF. It has been painful to see the rift that been created over the last few days. I'd like to ask for everyone to think about how they would like to be treated and please use that as a guideline in further posts on this topic. Please feel free to PM me if you have any further issues with the DG blog that you would like to discuss.

Thanks in advance for everyone's understanding.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

pfco wrote:
amalyc wrote: Doesn't it then logically follow that the FED's comments were not directed at your site? (and Col stated he feels that any site linked to by DG is not among those the Fed intended)
I hope Keith doesn't my comments, since this was aimed at him.

It's my opinion that the "Editor's" remarks, past and present, certainly
were directed at all PF fan based sites. The fact that some of the sites that are linked to the Blog are in violation of this "Editor's" rules are pretty damned obvious. So what is the real reason behind all this hypocrisy?

Read the following remarks from the "Editor":

[I've already explained this. Too many fansites are made up of things that fans really shouldn't be using on their sites. They use photos, video clips and audio that they have no right to use freely. They support and encourage bootlegging. We can overlook all this because we are not bullies out to crush the offerings of the fans. On the contrary. But this is an official site. And it isn't about Pink Floyd, either. - Features Editor]

[I wouldn't have thought that the bootlegging, the profiteering, the concert photography, the demanding tone or the warped sense of self-entitlement is too pleasing, either. - Features Editor]

That some of the linked sites in question contain one or more of everything this guy is supposedly against, I'd say should provide a lot of thought provoking questions among the community.

Sandy
I think FED is one f*cked up individual! Him taking shots at Brain Damage, Pink Floyd & Co, Neptune (the best forum on Earth) and Glimpse is sickening. I know I was banned by Glimpse but this forum is like a family and to see some a**wipe take a shot here is sickening!
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

I must say that all the delays from Gilmour&co pisses me off more than reading "rumours" on fansites..

Everything they do or release is delayed in some way,,,so you really can't trust the news on the Gilmour blog either!!

And today it's the Arnold Layne competition that is delayed..fuck!!