Your complaints about the Features Editor at Gilmour's blog

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Hi ESLAFTK2112
you're quite obviously very annoyed by FED's remarks. But what fatoldbob tried to do is what some (cold blooded? peace loving?) family member should do: trying to calm down the rage and to let reason prevail over emotion.
The smartest way would be to ignore the blog in the future.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

alma wrote:Hi ESLAFTK2112
you're quite obviously very annoyed by FED's remarks. But what fatoldbob tried to do is what some (cold blooded? peace loving?) family member should do: trying to calm down the rage and to let reason prevail over emotion.
The smartest way would be to ignore the blog in the future.
Thanks, Alma. Both the fansites and the DG blog have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally I'd rather have them both than one or the other exclusively. There are things I like to talk about the Floyd that I would never post to the DG blog. Also, I like how immediate NPF is.

On the other hand, I find Fed's rather warped and British sense of humour rather refreshing in most cases. I do feel that he stepped way over the boundary on this past issue. But I feel he's a pretty good guy overall and isn't out to make enemies on purpose. He just has a different world view than most in the fansite world.

By the way, I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'm pretty convinced that he is either English or Welsh and lives in London. He's an avid Liverpool fan and has talked about going to a recent cup game. He is also a devoted Gilmour fan and has an extensive knowledge of all the projects David has worked on, Floyd and otherwise. I'd bet that if any of us met Fed in a pub for a pint he'd be an instant friend. We all have a common interest in the music of the greatest band of all tme.
pfco

Post by pfco »

I appreciate your views fatoldbob, I do respect your opinion. However, there are some things that smell so badly that there isn't enough air freshner, cleansers or oil scented candles in the world to cover it up.

Sandy
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

oyv666 wrote:I must say that all the delays from Gilmour&co pisses me off more than reading "rumours" on fansites..

Everything they do or release is delayed in some way,,,so you really can't trust the news on the Gilmour blog either!!

And today it's the Arnold Layne competition that is delayed..fuck!!
Gilmour isn't holding the competition up, EMI is. you really don't believe that Gilmour actually reads everything on those blogs, do you?
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

<--------- here everyone, Gilmour's sending you all a big kiss!!!!! let's mellow out!! :D
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

GilmourGirl wrote:
oyv666 wrote:I must say that all the delays from Gilmour&co pisses me off more than reading "rumours" on fansites..

Everything they do or release is delayed in some way,,,so you really can't trust the news on the Gilmour blog either!!

Gilmour isn't holding the competition up, EMI is. you really don't believe that Gilmour actually reads everything on those blogs, do you?
David dosen't read the blog at all, I am quite shoure of that, I don't think he gives a damn what happens there, and he's right, why should he care?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I fully imagine Gilmour goes on the internet and will probably have a look at his own website!! It would only be natural!!

I hope that FED person will now stop being a prick with people and modify his behaviour instead of damaging david Gilmour's good name.

I am still considering organising an online petition to have him removed though which I would email to David's manager!! I haven't decided yet!! ;-) :lol:

Oh, the power of the net!!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Naah...leave him be.
Plus, you would def. earn yourself (and NPF) some extra negative points
from Gilmours management.

Now, where are the chick pics? :?: 8)
gredask
Embryo
Embryo

I thought it was just me…

Post by gredask »

Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds the tone on the official Gilmour site offensive. I actually think the Features Ed is a woman. I don't mean this to sound glib or misogynistic, but I've long detected a current of barely concealed adoration in 'her' comments about DG. A couple of comments bordered on the 'stalkerish'. I envisage 'her' sleeping at the foot of the Gilmours bed with a breadknife to deter any intruders. Whatever the gender, there's something unappealing and elitist about the whole blog over there. No one is allowed to say anything even vaguely critical without 'her' coming down on them. It stinks. I'm astonished that Gilmour allows it. It simply fuels the nagging suspicion that he's as contrary, prickly and averse to criticism as Waters was a few years back…
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

Keith Jordan wrote:I fully imagine Gilmour goes on the internet and will probably have a look at his own website!! It would only be natural!!

I hope that FED person will now stop being a prick with people and modify his behaviour instead of damaging david Gilmour's good name.

I am still considering organising an online petition to have him removed though which I would email to David's manager!! I haven't decided yet!! ;-) :lol:

Oh, the power of the net!!
I support your idea, and you should do it.

And Keith, how does it feel to run a powerful PF site?
pottel
Axe
Axe

Post by pottel »

where's that freaking petition so i can sign this asswipe out of business (not the blog, let's all see that obvious difference)
:?:
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

GilmourGirl wrote:

Off course i don't think David himself are holding up the competition or is the reason for all the delays... when i said "david&co" i ment his managment or emi or who ever is in charge...
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Re: I thought it was just me…

Post by GilmourGirl »

gredask wrote:I envisage 'her' sleeping at the foot of the Gilmours bed with a breadknife to deter any intruders.
hey i'll take that job!!!! :lol: :twisted:
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

and what a laugh it would be if this WAS Gilmour doing the FEd roll. i would laugh my ass off and then decide Gilmour was a total dick... :lol:
i am not sure who it is, but i do think it is someone very close to him. i dont think any petion would remove him, nor would i sign it. i may not always agree with his responces, but i get a laugh out of them... even the one where someone pretended to be me :lol: :lol:
besides take up a petion for something real and important like... well.. nevermind lets petition his ass out :twisted:
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Wasn't it the official Pink Floyd site that didn't even mention the Pulse DVD until after it was released?!? I never waste my time with official sites anymore...usually the people who run them just don't give a damn....