Glenn Povey - Echoes: A Complete History of Pink Floyd book

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glenn Povey - Echoes: A Complete History of Pink Floyd book

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=07&id=0122_2

Glenn Povey has a new book coming out on 1st March 2007 called Echoes: The Complete History of Pink Floyd.

It is a remarkable document of Pink Floyd and the individual member's activities in concert, TV, radio and their associated discographies.

It uses many rare and unseen photos to illustrate the history and includes all known concerts played, their set lists, commentary on their general history as a band in-between the concerts and media appearances and, physically, is a beautiful book!

Glenn was the founder of the most excellent Brain Damage magazine between 1985 and 1983, launched and managed The Australian Pink Floyd (who even played at David Gilmour's birthday party once) and has been involved in the music industry for many years!

Press Release

ECHOES
The Complete History of
PINK FLOYD

By Glenn Povey

ISBN: 978-0-9554624-0-5

RRP: £35.00 (UK)

Dimentions: 237mm x 290mm

Paperback: 368 pages, full colour

Publishing: 1 March 2007

Pre-sales: From 15 February 2007 http://www.musicroom.com

Distribution: Omnibus/Music Sales

From gigs in tiny church halls in the mid-sixties to multi-million selling albums and spectacular stadium shows all around the world, the Pink Floyd story in a rock legend.

This remarkable book is a celebration of Pink Floyd’s entire career – March 2007 marks the 40th anniversary of the release of their first recording, ‘Arnold Layne’, and contains a biographical account of the band’s collective and individual careers from their pre-Floyd origins in 1962 right through to the present day.

Echoes also combines, for the very first time, a meticulously researched chronological listing of every single Pink Floyd and solo concert, set list, TV and radio appearance plus a UK and US discography. It is, quite simply, the most comprehensive account of Pink Floyd in print.

Illustrated throughout with a wealth of rare and previously unpublished photographs - including many from their pre-Floyd incarnations - as well as rare graphic memorabilia, including posters, advertisements, handbills and tickets from every era of the band’s remarkable history, Echoes is a must for every Pink Floyd fan.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Glenn Povey Rulez!!!!! I own a copy of his book "In The Flesh", which I use very often to look up live dates and setlists. He really is a Floyd Guru (like Andy Mabbett, Vernon Fitch and Ron Toon). This is great news!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Its the same price on Amazon and keith gets a cut :D :D :D
FitchV
Axe
Axe

Post by FitchV »

I look forward to Glenn's new book. But the description is the same as the "In the Flesh" book. Perhaps it is an updated version with a new name? I wonder why Ian Russell's name isn't on it? Hmmmmm.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The content and presentation of the book is largely the same in that there are chapters for each year and, within each year, there are a list of concerts performed with commentary on the "big" ones, in addition to details on press performances, TV/Radio appearances and some rehearsals. I haven't compared the two meticulously yet (will do for March 07 NPF magazine) but they look very similar in concept and content.

The new Echoes version is much more beautiful than it's probably predecessor though. The weight of the paper is luxury and is printed in glorious, thick and glossy colour. It is physically a beautiful book. The content is also excellent. A great book.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

would it be THE bible for any serious floyd roio seeker
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It certainly would be!! Every item has been freshly researched so no regurgitating any mistakes from other books that other authors have made in the past!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

looks like i will have to order this beauty....
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

seems like a must have :D , so there will be setlists for all the 66 shows too?
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

amozon says it hasn't been sent yet....
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

I received an e-mail from amazon yesterday informing me that there's gonna be a delay of another 4-6 weeks. Patience patience patience (I'm not exacty a very patient person) :evil:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

alma wrote:I received an e-mail from amazon yesterday informing me that there's gonna be a delay of another 4-6 weeks. Patience patience patience (I'm not exacty a very patient person) :evil:
delayed.... well after all its a Pink Floyd related release :P
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

and due to that we're used to being put off......
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Just recieved an email to say its been posted
The Crazy Diamond
Blade
Blade

Post by The Crazy Diamond »

It is going on my birthday list.. 8)