Does he remind you of Chance the Gardener?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Does he remind you of Chance the Gardener?

Post by mhspiper »

Does Syd Barrett remind anybody else of Chance the Gardener from the excellent movie (and book) "Being There"? Looking at the notebooks reminded of how Syd was a gardener. And Chance and he were neither all there. What do you guys think?
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Your question brings back memories of english lessons 25 years ago. I shall have to think about it.
jwm224
Embryo
Embryo

Nice!

Post by jwm224 »

Nice! Big Peter Sellers Fan... That's a must see movie.
Did you ever see the Life and Death of Peter Sellers... I think it was an HBO release; that guy looks exactly like Peter Sellers; he was an interesting guy. Always, in role; he ate dinner with his mother as Dr. Strangelove. His hand was uncontrollably after the eating utensils.

The charaters both Syd and Chance are great comparisons of the abstractly unique... "That's funny..." Best post so far!
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

Yeah, I just bought "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" over last weekend, and it kind of spurred me back into a Peter Sellers craze. I read "Being There" earlier this week, and right now I'm reading the book that the movie was based on. Geoffery Rush DID look just like Peter Sellers.
jwm224
Embryo
Embryo

I just may...

Post by jwm224 »

I might just have to break out my Pink Panther collection, just to see him being ballooned out the window in his hunchback disguise and tossed into the river... Funny stuff!
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I watched "Pink Panther" this morning. Classic!