What do you think about this...?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Thanks. I do appreciate that...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

ugljesic wrote:Why then he hated rog? back then i don't think he was so megalomaniac and perfectionist as he later turned out to be?! If he didn't listen to their work, i can't think of any good reason to hate roger. appart from going on with the band and keeping the band's name. a bit ironic, isn't it?
Either on the making of DSotM dvd or The Syd Barret Story dvd, somebody says they didn't like Roger waaay back then, because he was so into himself...they make a comment about Roger thinking he is so cool with his lighter attached to his belt...I think Roger has always been a bit of an in your face guy...still, Iggy Pop could kick his ass!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

ugljesic wrote:Why then he hated rog? back then i don't think he was so megalomaniac and perfectionist as he later turned out to be?! If he didn't listen to their work, i can't think of any good reason to hate roger. appart from going on with the band and keeping the band's name. a bit ironic, isn't it?
I'm guessing if Barrett had an attitude about Waters it related to how Waters treated him in the band towards the end....info I've gleaned is that Waters would get a bit snotty with him and it is still (according to the accounts of a few close insiders) VERY likely Waters led the Let's get rid of Syd faction. Waters tends to sugar coat it a bit nowadays but if the accounts are true that seems enough to lead to a lingering attitude from Syd....since rightly or wrongly Syd considered it HIS band.