Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Oscar's flowers?
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

J Ed wrote:
what about these other Canterbury bands?
You´ll love early Caravan, check "In The Land of Grey and Pink" :smt023

hmm, do I smell a Canterbury Vine here :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

J Ed wrote:say thats pretty cool 2066
what did you do? graphics?
No, I was involved with the transfer of the only surviving acetates of the Wilde Flowers music to tape for mastering. Brian Hopper sent them over from England and I spent an evening or two with Mike putting them to tape. There was no surviving tape of the band so we had to do what we could with the acetates! As you may or may not know, those things deteriorate the more you play them, so it was kind of important to try to get them as best we could on the first pass, if possible. I have some mighty kick-ass gear so I was the man for the job! As we were doing the Wilde Flowers stuff, we also did some pieces that ended up on Wyatt's Nothing Can Stop Us. I don't have a copy of that unfortunately, but I do have a copy of the Wilde Flowers disc that came originally with a nice spiral bound booklet. A very cool piece for the fans.
Ton Up Alvis
Blade
Blade

Post by Ton Up Alvis »

I love Robert's vocals on Ficticous Sports.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

2066 wrote:I was involved with the transfer of the only surviving acetates of the Wilde Flowers music to tape for mastering.
thats excellent 2066
I didnt know you did that sort of work
have you worked on any other archival releases that we might have heard of?
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

J Ed wrote:
2066 wrote:I was involved with the transfer of the only surviving acetates of the Wilde Flowers music to tape for mastering.
thats excellent 2066
I didnt know you did that sort of work
have you worked on any other archival releases that we might have heard of?
No, just The Wilde Flowers and Wyatt's Nothing Can Stop Us, I think. I've been working as a musician since I joined the Union when I was sixteen. I've been mostly a "jobber", playing things like weddings and dances, and doing studio work for bands that I no longer remember the name of. I've also done a lot of recording and engineering with my eight track analogue gear for local "indie" bands. I got the job with the Wyatt stuff strictly through my association with Mike King. We've been good pals for a long time.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Sounds like our union man is a relative to Ezrin mmmmm ? :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

zag wrote:Sounds like our union man is a relative to Ezrin mmmmm ? :lol:
Hahahaha!!! I wish my income was relative to his!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

2066 wrote:
zag wrote:Sounds like our union man is a relative to Ezrin mmmmm ? :lol:
Hahahaha!!! I wish my income was relative to his!
Supposedly, this local guy named Robin Black (from band Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock All Stars) is/was recording with Bob Ezrin over the past year...I believe right here in Hogtown...not sure if it came to fruition though.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

2066 wrote: I wish my income was relative to his!
So you´re full of sex, drugs and rock ´n roll already :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

zag wrote:
2066 wrote: I wish my income was relative to his!
So you´re full of sex, drugs and rock ´n roll already :lol:
Oh gosh, yeah...I think I've probably had most of my fill of that. Sometimes I'll run into some old friends from "the scene" and they'll ask me that generic question of "what are you doing for excitement these days?" Well, considering that I almost excited myself to death back then I say, "my idea of excitement these days is getting up in the morning and not feeling ill, going to my day job which I enjoy, maybe do a bit of overtime, go to the grocery store and get some nice fresh ingredients for dinner, go home and have some whisky's, plunk about on my acoustic guitar while I watch some tv or read a book, make my dinner, have some more whisky and watch some tv or listen to records and then go to bed and repeat the scenario. In other words, my idea of excitement these days is my ordinary lifestyle! Funny how things change..... :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: MATCHING MOLE

Post by nosaj »

Wow! I just found out Matching Mole has re-released their albums with bonus material. Thing is, I should have looked at this thread closer, as people have already discussed them. Should I get their first album?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Robert Wyatt & Soft Machine

Post by my breakfast. »

Matching Mole's first album is a bit desperate in places! Thin on ideas and showing! However some of it is sublime. :D

This thread needs videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyPNZiFJyS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDVTbLxBHA
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

A Soft Machine thread on this site! (Yeah... forgot to look)
I know the Robert Wyatt years were the best, but I'd just like to big up "Six". I think I reviewed it in the other review your albums thread. I enjoyed it more than Fourth and Fifth. And it hasn't got guitarists on it which I felt limited the band and made them dull.
*Goes off to look for the Kevin Ayers thread.

And yes, when I first saw this thread in the index, I thought it was to announce one of them had died...
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

I listened to Joy of a Toy- 1. It was tolerable but I can’t say I it’s a favourite of mine.