Nocturnal Submission: Robot Love

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
fender62
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fender62 »

came across a pink floyd lp at a second hand shop called robot love
nocturnal submission it has two lps inside that appear to be in mint condition. iv have never heard of this lp before could someone please let me know if its a real floyd lp is it worth anything should i go back and buy it also it says on the cover printed in australia full title says :
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Hmm, well, I've got a tracklisting of a bootleg with that name.

Side One: Echoes; Point Me At The Sky
Side Two: One of These Days; Atom Heart Mother; Astronomy Domine

Hmm.
fender62
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fender62 »

thanks for reply so you think it might be a real lp well it says on the back the songs you mentioned i found this site on the net it looks just like the one i saw- http://village.infoweb.ne.jp/~fwgk1484/atom/atom08.htm
so to buy it or not to buy it thats the question ill give it some thought
i wonder if anyone else has ever come across it iv never seen a bootleg
album before with cover sleeves etc that looks like its a proper lp interesting unusual normally you just see cassette tapes and cd's
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Ah. The Comet one is just the Dark Side recording, according to my list. So this reissue is both. I see.
fender62
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fender62 »

ok im a little green about this so what does it mean is it a good thing
is it worth anything should i get it i appreciate any advise
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Since you're new...I'll give you some advice.

First of all...avoid the "B" word. Use the term "ROIO." (Recording Of Indeterminate Origin)

Now...a bit of history. ROIO's were originally on vinyl as it was the format of choice for many years. ROIO's have probably been around for as long as official recordings. They would have sleeves that were of lesser quality than the official releases.

Nowadays, CD's are the preferred medium...and they are much easier to create...anyone with a computer and the appropriate equipment can do it.

ROIO's can be made that appear to be official releases based upon the appearance of the covers. What you want to look for is the printed material on the cover.

My copy of The Wall demos "Building The Wall" bears the logo of Roaring Mouse Records. Roaring Mouse is not a subsidiary of EMI...Floyd's British label...nor have I ever heard of Roaring Mouse before. Chances are very good that this is an ROIO. Of course, I know it is...I knew that when I bought it from ebay.

In this, the information age, it's not too hard to find out whether a recording is legitimate or not. There's usually a number of websites that contain discographies of the band's entire catalogue.

Nocturnal Submissions is not an offical Pink Floyd release.

It's an ROIO.
fender62
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fender62 »

thanks for reply very informative roi records like you say i would have thought putting them on casettes would have been cheaper or orignally
eight track tapes i would have thought vinyle would not be cost effective
guess i was wrong as for the lp in question i dont know what it sounds like might sound scratchy and nasty i prefer clean and crisp sounding music
when possible anyway thatnks for advise im just wondering what would it be worth roughly anyone
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

The value of an ROIO depends upon two things...

How much the person who has it wants for it...

How much the person who wants it is willing to spend for it.

There is no "value" to them due to things such as how easy it is to make a copy of one.

Once upon a time, sellers commanded high prices because ROIO's were scarce...they are not so scarce these days. ROIO's have proliferated largely through a "trading" network.

It's only valuble if someone else wants it bad enough to pay a high price for it.