PF Concert and RoIO Database Project 2007 (NPF)

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
theoutercircle
Embryo
Embryo

Re: PF Concert and RoIO Database Project 2007 (NPF)

Post by theoutercircle »

mosespa wrote:Yeah...but unfortunately, my username was banned from that site before I ever even tried to register...so, *sigh* it does me no good to hear about how wonderful their hub is.

Is there another somewhere that might be as good?
I've got a website with gigs and setlists only. It doesn't have ROIO info, but gives
a fairly comprehensive guide to what was played at shows. I hope to expand it in
the future. http://www.thepinkjungle.org
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Cowards wrote:Shall I ask to get you unbanned. Me and Joe are pretty tight.
Thanks for the offer, but I really have no interest in joining their community. They are convinced that I'm nothing but a troublemaker (and, admittedly, they do have reasons for thinking that...reasons which are based in events from seven years ago, but obviously they don't believe that people can change and grow...whatever,) and the fact that I managed to sneak past their defenses under a different name would probably only fuel their ire.

They read your pm's...that's how they found me.

While I was there, I started zero trouble (aside from repeatedly asking them to clarify something that they kept pretty obscure, as I saw it,) and discovered that their forum is boring beyond belief because they don't allow the sort of colourful stuff we have here.

Yep...NPF is the only forum I attend anymore. All of the others got pretty damned boring. But this one is still vibrant.

I love that about it.

Again, though...thanks for your offer. :D
orangemaze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by orangemaze »

Let me know if this is sort of what you were thinking of on how to search for concert info. It is still a work in progress, I have still to add links and other features.

http://www.pf-db.com/super_search.php
pfco

Post by pfco »

mosespa wrote:Thanks for the offer, but I really have no interest in joining their community. They are convinced that I'm nothing but a troublemaker (and, admittedly, they do have reasons for thinking that...reasons which are based in events from seven years ago, but obviously they don't believe that people can change and grow...whatever,) and the fact that I managed to sneak past their defenses under a different name would probably only fuel their ire.

They read your pm's...that's how they found me.
I appreciate that you've finally accepted personal responsibility for your actions, and admitted publicly that we had legit reasons for not wanting you to be a part of our site. Thank you. But I do not appreciate that you have assumed something that isn't true about how you were discovered. Everyone knows that Keith reads, or at least used to read, you people's PM's on this board, he's said so...but...that does not mean that all admins do such a thing..therefore I expect an apology for this accusation that you've based on illegitimate assumption. In nature, slugs leave a trail......the Internet is no different. In your case, since your tendency has always been to try and cover your trail with more than one ISP, it was only a matter of time for this as well...and once that trail was linked to you it was acted upon.

If in the future you ever have a question of the how's or why's of something, kindly ask and get the facts rather than making accusations based on guesswork or worse, what clearly appears to be revenge. If you choose not to, your testaments to how you've 'grown and changed' won't be worth a plug nickel.

Thanks
Sandy
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

WTF? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Admins and Moderators can read our private messages? Please tell me this is NOT true!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

It's an Orwellian state.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

pfco wrote: Everyone knows that Keith reads, or at least used to read, you people's PM's on this board, he's said so...but...that does not mean that all admins do such a thing..
I don't read people's PMs as a matter of course. I did access a couple of users PMs about 2 years ago through the database (admins and mods cannot access people's inbox through the forum) as they were kicking up a load of shit via PMs so it needed to be investigated. The way you said the above makes it sound like it is a regular thing I am doing. That is not the case.

I am very disappointed in you Sandy. Very disappointed indeed. It shocks me how much you want to be hated - going out of your way to cause people to dislike you. :shock:
pfco

Post by pfco »

Keith, if someone is going to lie, or to assume, that I've done something in my forum that I haven't done, I will always go out of my way to address it.

If you do not wish for me to defend what is a blatant lie, then you need to stop these people from posting untruths on your forum.

I am happy to hear that you are not reading people's PM's.

Sandy
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

pfco wrote:1 - Keith, if someone is going to lie, or to assume, that I've done something in my forum that I haven't done, I will always go out of my way to address it.

2 - If you do not wish for me to defend what is a blatant lie, then you need to stop these people from posting untruths on your forum.

3 - I am happy to hear that you are not reading people's PM's.

4 - Sandy
1 - That is fair enough. No problem.

2 - I have no idea why you are saying that. Please go back and read my post and realise what I said! I was objecting to a specific misleading accusation you made about me personally. I interpreted what you said as a "jibe" at me. A very random and unprovoked jibe I might add.

3 - I barely have time to read people's posts, let alone invading their privacy and reading their PMs. I am happy you are happy as being happy is a good thing!

4 - Did you used to be Rocky and you got eroded? :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Keith Jordan wrote: 4 - Did you used to be Rocky and you got eroded? :lol:

Ouch :lol: :lol: :lol:
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

lol not eroded, just old, why do u think they live in florida lol, america's retirement home :D
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

Joe doesn't like my lols, and as such, I'm on edge. I think I have too much unexpended energy, and the lolhub seems to be a nice place to rid myself of it.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

Well then... ^ was brought up in the hub, and because of Joe's misunderstanding of the term lolhub, I seem to have been banned. I'd like an explanation, please. When I ask a question, I expect an answer. Not a banning.
orangemaze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by orangemaze »

Which hub? Ever try pinkroioshn.myftp.org?

Still no word on the thoughts of http://www.pf-db.com/super_search.php
pottel
Axe
Axe

Post by pottel »

orangemaze wrote:Which hub? Ever try pinkroioshn.myftp.org?

Still no word on the thoughts of http://www.pf-db.com/super_search.php
looks cool orange...no worries!!

EDITED BY ADMIN - Why use BBCode in your post then click the disable BBCode tick box when posting??? :?