This months MOJO Mag

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Re: This months MOJO Mag

Post by tea-set »

wow having now read the floyd section Roger comes across as a right dick, he hasntgot a single nice word to say about the album (piper)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Of course not...it wasn't HIS idea, HIS creation, HIS baby, HIS vision of what Pink Floyd should be.

He wasn't the main, creative, driving force of that album. Why SHOULD he like it any better than, say, AMLOR or TDB?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

So what? Could he not find any redeeming value to their debut album since he participated in it? Piper and the early singles put Pink Floyd on the map. Period. I wouldn't expect Roger to have anything good to say about AMLOR or TDB as he was not even involved in producing those albums. I haven't read the article yet, but if it is as tea-set says, it will knock what little respect I have for Mr. Waters down a few notches.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I dunno...I haven't read the article.

I was just speculating.

I agree with you, by the way, SS.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

couple of snippets for you...

"if its something I care about, like a new 5.1 mix of WYWH, i'll listen to it and stick my oar in, but Piper frankly I don't really care"

"i'll never take any of this seriously, I refuse to take it seriously, we were just young guys getting together, wanting to bve rich and get laid."

"apart from Interstella Overdrive, everything on it was ordinary"

Question- wasnt what you were doing more important than money?
"No, Absolutely not, no no no, my god" :shock:

when asked about the "avant garde" image..
"nah bollocks. I hated stockhausen and all that,thought it was absolutley nonsense. I always felt more connected to the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and The Who"

I think he comes across as a twat in this interview, especially compared to Rick who comes across really well
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

tea-set wrote:I think he comes across as a twat in this interview, especially compared to Rick who comes across really well
Hmmmm....sounds like it. :? Rick is total class. I wouldn't expect any less from him.
Metal Mickey

Post by Metal Mickey »

Syd'sSexy wrote:I want this issue dammit! I thought Barnes & Noble had a copy on hold for me, but when I went to pick it up, Keith Richards was on the cover! ARGH! I told you what I wanted, can you not read moron! :? It might be off to ebay for me....
SS, just so you know, we won't be getting this issue in the shops up here until late Sept early Oct...my guess is the States won't receive it until then as well. You can try eBay if you’re desperate, but I'm choosing to wait.

BTW, I think Waters just enjoys controversy. Sometimes he says he respects that era and quotes the songs in an admiring way and other times he just pisses all over them. He's a very strange man!
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

Metal Mickey wrote:
Syd'sSexy wrote:I want this issue dammit! I thought Barnes & Noble had a copy on hold for me, but when I went to pick it up, Keith Richards was on the cover! ARGH! I told you what I wanted, can you not read moron! :? It might be off to ebay for me....
SS, just so you know, we won't be getting this issue in the shops up here until late Sept early Oct...my guess is the States won't receive it until then as well. You can try eBay if you’re desperate, but I'm choosing to wait.
I live in California, and got it at a local newsstand today; in addition to the PF feature and '67 Syd chronology, it has reviews of the 'Piper' three disc set and Gilmour's 'Remember That Night' DVD. Fine issue and CD...
Kiru_Biru
Axe
Axe

Post by Kiru_Biru »

May I ask for scans and not being yelled at? :o :D
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

NO YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!

Might buy this the next time I go to a petrol station. On my card. Yeah!
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

cant find it in Toronto ? any ideas
Metal Mickey

Post by Metal Mickey »

corie wrote:cant find it in Toronto ? any ideas
Hey corie, I'm from Toronto as well, and as mentioned in my earlier post, we probably won't get it here until late Sept early Oct. Best advice would be to keep trying, however.
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

Or move? :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

tea-set wrote:couple of snippets for you...

"if its something I care about, like a new 5.1 mix of WYWH, i'll listen to it and stick my oar in, but Piper frankly I don't really care"

"i'll never take any of this seriously, I refuse to take it seriously, we were just young guys getting together, wanting to bve rich and get laid."

"apart from Interstella Overdrive, everything on it was ordinary"

Question- wasnt what you were doing more important than money?
"No, Absolutely not, no no no, my god" :shock:

when asked about the "avant garde" image..
"nah bollocks. I hated stockhausen and all that,thought it was absolutley nonsense. I always felt more connected to the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and The Who"

I think he comes across as a twat in this interview, especially compared to Rick who comes across really well
Classic Roger :lol: :lol: well i think he only tells the truth here. They WERE just a bunch of young guys trying to get rich
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

The PF article is excellent (with current interviews of all four band members)... I haven't read the rest yet.