Pink Floyd Box Set - "The Boy, The Man"

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd Box Set - "The Boy, The Man"

Post by lovescene4 »

We'll anticipate 'Games For May - Space Age Relaxation For The Climax Of Spring'... the original live concept piece... [-D-]
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Well, this seems like quite a cash-in.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

dayumn
and I got all excited for about two seconds
yeh Id still rather have The First XI
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

They have not been impressed over at AFG...little bit of a bitch fest :lol:

I will have patience, and wait till I find out more.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

nosaj wrote:They have not been impressed over at AFG...little bit of a bitch fest :lol:
Well, if they are the likes of Outside The Wall and Pig Watcher, I can understand why.
Mr Brooks

Post by Mr Brooks »

Keith Jordan wrote:I just read on AFG that there will be a 30 min DVD with the release as well. I hope there is something more than just the albums!! Otherwise that would be very rude indeed wouldn't it?? Naughty EMI! :shock: :D
another way to rape the fans of money.
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Re:

Post by mojoman »

jambo wrote:Give us some live 70s stuff for fucks sake!
exactly!!! bbc has released beatles,hendrix,who,zep,cream,yarbirds,soft machine,move,small faces why no floyd? why!!!
topraman517
Embryo
Embryo

Post by topraman517 »

PublicImage wrote:Well, this seems like quite a cash-in.
You read my mind!
Sunduc
Axe
Axe

Re:

Post by Sunduc »

pffan1990 wrote:My hopes for the boxset, whether it is audio, video, or both:

All audio materials encoded in 5.1 Surround Sound/Stereo Hybrid-SACD.
All video materials encoded in high-resolution DVD widescreen-if-possible.

Any of you can add more to my fantasy boxset?
Which mastering were you hoping for?

For my own sake, I wish we could get LP quality (that is, beyond the sound / frequency resolution of ordinary CDs), MFSL or similar. In that case, my wallet wouldn't complain that "Hey buddy, you already have those albums, and some in duplicate!" but would rather open up like a horny horn of plenty.

What's more: In this digital age, I really think it's time studios started putting out their music in files format. FLAC 96/24 -- thank you very much! I, for one, would gladly buy it, and I would even pretend to believe that the cost of shipping and pressing still applied so that the price should be the same as that of a CD.

And what would the studios be afraid of? Piracy? Geee ... nooo ... good thing nobody has managed to rip that music off those CDs yet, isn't it?

As for 96/24: Look at http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-formats.aspx Brilliant idea! -- if only they had artists I cared about listening to. Like the Floyd.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

If there is no live material jambo is going to be very angry.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd Box Set

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Keith Jordan wrote:I just heard from Pink Floyd's manager that the box set will be released in November and will contain all studio albums reproduced with the original vinly artwork and that Storm has indeed designed the box! 8)
I just can't imagine how expensive something like this would be. How many people do they expect to buy ALL the albums at once?!?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Re:

Post by moom »

mojoman wrote:
jambo wrote:Give us some live 70s stuff for fucks sake!
exactly!!! bbc has released beatles,hendrix,who,zep,cream,yarbirds,soft machine,move,small faces why no floyd? why!!!
They're fuckin' snobs, the Floyd management, and to me it seems like Floyds are ones themselves! Big disappointment. Like, this is mostly for collectors, THAT'S why I want to buy it (oh, and also because Storm is the one to make the new artwork, he's my most favorite photograph!), BUT NOTHING SPECIAL about it. If somebody wants a PF album, he just buys one, for quite affordable price, I hope. Btw, anyone heard anything about the price of this box-set?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Keith Jordan wrote:I just read on AFG that there will be a 30 min DVD with the release as well. I hope there is something more than just the albums!! Otherwise that would be very rude indeed wouldn't it?? Naughty EMI! :shock: :D

I said it once and I'll say it again , I am not funding EMI's $80million Robbie Williams disaster .... you wanna pay the fat dancer from a boy band $80million ? go ahead - I ain't chipping in ....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Keith Jordan »

moom wrote:They're fuckin' snobs, the Floyd management, and to me it seems like Floyds are ones themselves!
Snobs? What are you on about? :shock:
Mr Brooks

Post by Mr Brooks »

possibly "on" about the way the band we all love seems to want to rerelease us to death with material we already have in 3 or 4 other releases already, when what we want is something WE DONT ALREADY HAVE!
we have all the vinyl, we dont need the art on a small ass cd.
we already bought shine on, we dont need any better remastered versions.
WE WANT SOMETHING WE DONT ALREADY HAVE.
WE WANT SOMETHING NEW.
WE WANT TO WASTE OUR MONEY ON GOOD STUFF, NOT THE SAME OLD SHIT WITH A DIFFERENT COATING.

you can cover old shit with all kinds of candy coating, it will still taste like shit.