PF Concert and RoIO Database Project 2007 (NPF)

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Re: PF Concert and RoIO Database Project 2007 (NPF)

Post by Cowards »

orangemaze wrote:Which hub? Ever try pinkroioshn.myftp.org?

Still no word on the thoughts of http://www.pf-db.com/super_search.php
It was pinkfloyd-co.com's hub. I'm actually proper banned, and have had no adequate explanation of why.

I'll have a diggy at the link, though.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

edit
Last edited by lostplay on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

Indeed. It's especially annoying since I've lost all of my dirty, nasty bootlegs, apart from the BBC shows in 1970/1 and Ultimate Zabriskie Point, when my computer decided to top itself...

I've been waiting here for 3 months for a reply.....

PS. Dirty, nasty bootlegs!! I'm so lucky I lost them. My computer dying was a good thing! Very good, in fact. It saved my soul from eternal hellfire and torment! Dirty, nasty bootlegs!!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Cowards wrote:It was pinkfloyd-co.com's hub. I'm actually proper banned, and have had no adequate explanation why.
It's that very reason why I never joined that group, even though I was tempted to. It is extremely cliquish from what I have heard, and they ban people for no reason. I have no tolerance for abuse of authority and wouldn't be able to keep from commenting on it, which would result in an abrupt banning for me as well.

At least I know that here, people are welcomed with open arms, are treated with respect by the mods and admin, and are forgiven missteps a time or two. I have been given a few chances here myself when I was young and foolish.

Of course, some would argue that the only thing that has changed between then and now is that I am no longer young. :lol:
pfco

Post by pfco »

Yep, it's like clockwork...about 3, 4 to 5 months and somebody just has to mention us, and of course it's always to the negative. Must be you people are bored...but whatever, I'll bite. Again.

"and they ban people for no reason" someone said. And how do you know this. How do you know. You don't. And since you do not, allow me to correct you. We don't ban people for no reason, we ban people for very good reasons..and it is always a case of them doing it to themselves.

Having a good site, forum, hub, whatever...is not based on a "popularity" contest, it's based on the content, the quality of the people, and consistency in how it's managed. If anyone wants to call all that "cliquish" go right ahead, it's good advertising actually, for us.

You few who continually grumble about us seem to have an unhealthy obsession with PFCO...wonder why that is.

I know, and so do those who do not find the welcome mat out at PFCO...so isn't it about time to forget about it. You have this place and you have other places to go on the net to act however you want and say whatever you want...and if you don't like PFCO because you couldn't get away with that, so be it...that's the way it was, the way it is, and the way it will always be.

Sandy and Joe
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

You could call it an obsession, or you could call it a case of "if enough people have a problem, maybe there really is a problem." Taking the latter road would involve a great deal of self-reflection though, which apparently isn't some peoples' cup of tea.

The people I talked to may be blowing things out of proportion. This could very well be true. If it is true, then I agree that it is in bad taste and unfair to you. However, if there is just one shred of truth to what anyone has said, and if just one story in 100 of moderator abuse of authority, 20 people screaming TROLL if you express a different opinion than that of the "clique," or being banned from the hub because what you have to offer in exchange isn't to the right peoples' liking, then it is a sorry situation. If quality of people and ethics in administration exist, then they should exist fully, and not waver. If one story in 100 of a moderator banning someone for disagreeing with them is true, then your administration sucks!

I know who I can trust on this forum or any other that I frequent, and those who tell me they have been banned for no reason and have been labeled trolls quickly are pretty straightforward and trustworthy people in my opinion. If you want to call my judgment into question, so be it. But that won't help matters either.

If enough people, who most likely have no ties to each other, are singing the same tune, then it is most likely true. The song that is coming my way is one of unfair and unexplained banishment, moderator abuse of authority and general uptightness, and cliquish acts of teaming up on new people who don't conform.

So if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck, no matter how much you try to deny it.

Our moderators don't claim to be perfect. They make mistakes, and when they do, they own up to them immediately. That is truth. That is integrity. You might want to look into that.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

fine post bp
================
Last edited by lostplay on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Here's a simple way to sum it up for all you people who are wondering what the big deal is:

1. Read the site rules of the NPF forum or almost any other.
2. Read the site rules of the PFCO forum.
3. Ask yourself what is wrong with the picture.

I have never seen so many frivolous, one-sided rules in all my life. Sure it is true that the administrator of a site can make and enforce any rules he/she deems fit. If people don't like those conditions that are set forth, then they should simply choose not to take part in the community. It's that simple.

What makes it complicated is when the attackers go to another community and attack people for accusing them of being attackers. People are entitled to their opinions, Joe and Sandy, and since you are used to people saying bad things about your forum and hub, then deep down inside you know there are some things that are amiss within your management. As stated before, if 1 story in 100 is true, then you aren't living up to that standard of fairness and consistency that you claim.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

I hate all this "No Swearing" malarky. Or no 'drug talk', too. Which is a ridiculous rule.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Cowards wrote:I hate all this "No Swearing" malarky. Or no 'drug talk', too. Which is a ridiculous rule.
Yeah, and the "no talk about war" clause, as well as the "nothing political" rule. Reminds me of another time, another place, namely 1942 Germany.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

No wonder the forum is so dead...
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

and no pink floyd bar rule :shock:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I picture anything associated with Pink Floyd to be a generally friendly place. I would want the atmosphere to be happy and loose, people having a good time and sharing their love of some great work. Somewhere that people can go to share shows and talk about performances. There is no need for administrators or moderators to have a stranglehold on people at a place like that.

Besides, I would much prefer to be able to speak my mind and people respect my opinion, rather than getting banned for standing up for myself or not liking the way moderators at a lot of forums abuse their power.

There was a study done a while back where a group of students were sent into a prison and given full powers as guards of this prison. A week later, when they went to check on how the students were doing as guards, they were horrified to see that all the prisoners were naked, had hoods over their heads, were lined up against the wall, and were being threatened with harm if they so much as made a peep. Why? Because that's what power does to most people. That's what power does to the moderators and administrators of forums such as PFCO.

That's why a lot of us are here, because we have found a place where things like that don't happen, and people in charge can handle their authority in a way where they don't lose their humanity or general respect for the people who post here.

For that reason, I know that any type of site that Keith gets going like this will be really great, a place where people can enjoy discussing recordings of live shows. I know it will work because it worked here already, for 5 years, until Keith was forced to pull the plug on the vines and such.

....and even though we don't trade through NPF anymore, we are still welcome to discuss shows and such without fear of reprisal or legal mumbo jumbo. It is open to the public. Anything that is hidden to the public has to have something to hide.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

Robert Zimbardo's Stamford Prison Experiment.

Take one class of students, all having not been in prison before. Take one basement. Put them together and you get HAVOC! But yeah, it is pretty much like the Serious Business moderators you find from time to time. Say fuck, you get banned. Don't answer a PM, you get banned. Waver slightly off topc, you get banned. It's like the idea of a forum is gone, a place for people to vent their opinions. It's suppression. It's horrific. It's MADNESS!!

Madness?

THIS IS PFCO!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Stay on topic please. If you don't like PFCO site, then don't go there. Spend your time saying something about something you like instead! Its nicer that way.

Stay on topic or you will be receiving warnings/bannings. :o :? :)