Abortion

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

Is abortion acceptable under certain circumstances?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 48

mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Ailbhe wrote:I wonder how many people here discussing whether abortion should be allowed are women. :?: I really do.I think that this is going the way things always have gone. Men have always decided what women should do and what they shouldn't.I am woman.I think that if I ever end up with a child I don't want to have I should be free to abort it without other men telling me that it is murder and morally incorrect.After all it is my child---its always the woman's fault, isn't it? No one ever blames the father even if they know who he is.

This is my point, exactly. It's YOUR body.

And no one...especially not a man who could never understand any part of pregnancy...has the right to tell you what to do or what not to do with your body.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

I just think its wrong, but i dont think that my opinion matters enough to make the call for millions of people, so i think it should be legal

But then again, i think that if someone gets pregnant (not by rape) then they should be responsible for their baby and care for it. its not like 100 years ago every pregnancy was planned, and people still raised their kids and all
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I don't think that abortion should be used as birth control...but I still think that it should be allowed...I've done my dissertation on the failure of legality to be a preventative measure, so I won't repeat it here.

R.PITI...I think you should post your Beethoven thing on this board...although I feel that the choice of whether or not to have an abortion should be left up to the woman, it still makes an interesting point.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

mosespa wrote: R.PITI...I think you should post your Beethoven thing on this board...
I know what you're talking about, but I don't have it anymore :(
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I just found it online:

Question: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who already had eight kids, three of whom were deaf, two blind, one mentally retarded – and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

If you said yes, congratulations! You just killed Beethoven!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is a good point RPITI. It takes strength to rise and succeed. Morals have a cost!! :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

What does everyone here think of classical music?

Myself, i can't be bothered with it, i find everything to be to long, boring and ultimatly unrewarding. Just my opinion, i'm not saying it is, just that i think it is.

Now morals do have a cost, although i question morals sometimes when all the celebrities in the world all take drugs and break the law in so many ways.

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR - No sexual content or taboo subjects.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

I am scarred from classical music, i had to listen to it in my carpool all through middle school every day to school, it was terrible
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

what if the woman was raped by her father...gross but stuff like that happens.
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

Here, in the United States, it is legal to have an abortion, up to about 5 or 6 months of pregnancy.

As a woman, I feel it is I who should be able to make the decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. If I am correct, most of the forum who have stated that abortions should NOT be performed under most circumstances, are male.

Until men have the ability to become pregnant, have a child, and love and care and provide for a child its entire life, they should NOT have a say as to whether or not a woman can terminate a pregnancy. :x
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

ummugumma wrote:The only person who has the right to decide is the female, its her body and noone else has the right to decide what is right or wrong when it comes to an individuals body, no person and certainly not a hypocritical religion.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I just found it online:

Question: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who already had eight kids, three of whom were deaf, two blind, one mentally retarded ? and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

If you said yes, congratulations! You just killed Beethoven!
True....but it would be interesting to know what she would have done, had she had the choice :x
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Phyllis wrote:
ummugumma wrote:The only person who has the right to decide is the female, its her body and noone else has the right to decide what is right or wrong when it comes to an individuals body, no person and certainly not a hypocritical religion.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why is that? the baby is just as much the man's child and created by the man, he should have some say in what happens
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I'm Pro-Choice. "Can't think of anything to say..."
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Tommy wrote:why is that? the baby is just as much the man's child and created by the man, he should have some say in what happens
The other parent of the child should certainly have a say in the matter. Ity is the mans job to look after and protect his woman and child. It is the womans decision though at the end og the day as it is her body. No human being should have the control of anothers body. That is against the fundamental human rights of a human being in my opinion.