you're starting a fight
so.... bye
a fight over what?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Pink Floyd - "Oh By The Way" - 40th Anniversary Box Set

Post by PublicImage »

Whether or not this person has seen ever photograph of Syd Barrett that has ever been taken, of course!

Haha. What a perv.
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

PublicImage wrote:Whether or not this person has seen ever photograph of Syd Barrett that has ever been taken, of course!

Haha. What a perv.
haha. where's Alan
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

It is a little presumptuous to say that you know if it is a photo of Syd just by looking at a small thumbnail of it. That would indeed look like you are claiming to know every photo of Syd ever taken, as well as every pose. In my opinion, it's probably the stand-in actor they use to represent Syd like they do on Mr. Screen. I don't know this for sure, which is why I am stating it as a possibility rather than a fact, which would be the honest way to go about it.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

It CLEARLY is Syd on the lower cover, with his particular hairdo and stand, and of course Bob Klose on the upper one with his head down in regret, right next to Gilmour. They had to include him because the extras are 'Lucy Leave' and 'King Bee'. YOU people don't deserve to be called fans!

edit:

:!: Disclaimer: do not take all my posts too seriously most of the time they are just jokes :Disclaimer :!:
Last edited by danielcaux on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

we don't need no another set of reissues!!! Fuck off, EMI, we want rareties; sessions, live concerts, videos...
joombypharples
Judge!
Judge!

Post by joombypharples »

I could think of a better use for £145.00
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

bpmolder wrote:It is a little presumptuous to say that you know if it is a photo of Syd just by looking at a small thumbnail of it. That would indeed look like you are claiming to know every photo of Syd ever taken, as well as every pose. In my opinion, it's probably the stand-in actor they use to represent Syd like they do on Mr. Screen. I don't know this for sure, which is why I am stating it as a possibility rather than a fact, which would be the honest way to go about it.
hmmm maybe. I know i've seen that silhouette of Syd somewhere! It's annoying me!
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

J Ed wrote: may I just note that The Final Cut was originally a gatefold as well, is the above a misprint?
i noticed that too. looks like roges gets snubbed again!
Bαbi*BR

Post by Bαbi*BR »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Wannabeautiful wrote:so.. where's syd ? (on the cover)
I know! It's an outrage!! :shock:
I'm shocked...

Syyyyyyd! Where are you???
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

danielcaux wrote:YOU people don't deserve to be called fans!
YOU people don't deserve to be so insulting to others. There is no call for such a judgmental attitude!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Will someone repost the actual photograph that is in question? It may be presumptuous, but I will guarantee that I have seen probably at least 90+% of all photographs that have been published of Syd.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

That's the only point I was trying to make, that people should not presume anything based on a small thumbnail image. I'll tell you what the shot looks like: There was a photo session done in the early 70's to correspond with an interview that took place with him in his flat. They took random pictures of him there, a few of which were of him gazing out of a big window, just like the picture on the box. Others were of him sitting on the floor next to a record player, and sitting on the floor, cross legged, with a guitar in his hands.

So this picture may be from that session. There is nothing to say that it wasn't recreated with an actor until a big enough picture can be seen to prove otherwise.

But since I am not a real fan, I guess I am just talking out my ass, huh? :lol:
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

So you are speaking of the images that were taken in the flat Duggie Fields bought and lives in with the colored floorboards? I have seen the entire photo shoot. I just don't know what image everyone is talking about and am too lazy to search for it. :?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Syd'sSexy wrote:So you are speaking of the images that were taken in the flat Duggie Fields bought and lives in with the colored floorboards? I have seen the entire photo shoot. I just don't know what image everyone is talking about and am too lazy to search for it. :?
Yes, that session. The photos were taken by Mick Rock of Rolling Stone Magazine (which wasn't during the interview. I got mixed up due to his involvement in both projects. The interview pictures from 1971 were of Syd mostly sitting with his hair cut really short for the first time and were in black and white). These photos were taken during a session that would yield the art work for The Madcap Laughs. Somewhere in that group of photos are at least 2 of him looking out the window like that.

EDIT: On second look, these were obviously new pictures taken for the session that were supposed to symbolize Syd and Bob. Either that, or some really excellent Photoshopping was in play. They can't be matched to any other sessions due to the quality alone.
Last edited by bpmolder on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.