Artists feat David Gilmour

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Meddler wrote:Anybody know anything about Unicorn?
Lazing in the foggy dew, sitting on a unicorn
No fear , you can't hear me but I can you - Flaming

you can listen a couple of 30 second samples on amazon.com...
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Dave is on Ringo Starrs new solo album!
rainbowdemon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rainbowdemon »

Anybody know anything about Unicorn?
You can find out quite a bit by visiting the Unicorn web site:
http://www.unicornmusic.net/

They have released some of their recordings on CD and (I think) 7 of the 11 or so tracks that Dave recorded pedal steel guitar for are included. Nice band and nice guys. The CD can be purchased via the above website or (again, I think) via the UK Amazon.com site.

Dave played pedal steel for these guys and also did some production work. I recall reading or hearing somewhere, that Dave bought a pedal steel guitar on an ealy US tour, (1972?) and began playing it.

I know he also played with and did some production work on Sutherland Bros. and Quiver on their "Reach For The Sky" album. (Ain't Too Proud), and is credited with producing the UK B Side of "Arms of Mary". The track, "We Get Along" I believe was only released as a single. About 2 minutes into the song, there is a pedal steel guitar that begins to play as a background track and continues for the rest of the song. I have been curious for some time now if this is Dave. I can't find any information that Tim Renwick or other members of the group ever played a pedal steel guitar on any other track they recorded. Is there anybody out there that can provide some definitive information?

Rainbow
rainbowdemon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rainbowdemon »

Follow up to postings by pfco, Richter_M. and others...
Post subject: Artists feat David Gilmour

Here are a few that I don't recall being on the previous lists...

Pretty Things - Resurrection
She Says Good Morning Guitar(s)
I See You Guitar(s)
Well of Destiny Guitar(s)
Old Man Goin

Paul McCartney - Run Devil Run - Guitar throughout...
Paul McCartney - The Cavern Club - performance of Run Devil Run - broadcast, DVD and also bootleg CD available.
Paul McCartney - The Peta Concert - performance of tracks from Run Devil Run - DVD

Peggy Seeger - Period Pieces - guitar - Winnie And Sam

Jason Osborne Il Trionfo Dell'Amore (The Triumph Of Love)
Follow That Young ...Person Guitar(s) 0:54
Agis And The Phocion: The Archery Guitar(s) 2:37
I Am Aspasie Guitar(s) 2:30
The Grotto Guitar(s) 3:21
Phocion! Guitar(s) 1:49
Phocion! (Reprise) Guitar(s) 2:41

Ringo Starr - Ringo Rama
Missouri Loves Company Guitar(s)
I Think Therefore I Rock N Roll Guitar(s)
Rerelease as 3 disk set coming soon.

I don't remember Jools Holland's "Small World Big Band" album being listed where Gilmour plays guitar on "I Put a Spell On You".

I have about 70 CDs in my personal collection where Dave plays as a guest musician or vocalist as well as a nuber of albums, 7 and 12" singles / EPs.

Concerning the previous postings with listings, thanks, some of the information is new to me and I'm grateful for it. What follows is a distillation of some of that information with a few comments, additions etc.
I have also listed some of the ones I'm still looking for. So if anyone can help me in my aquisition of any of these... feel free to contact me!

Rainbow

Audio

Arcadia
(1985) The Promise (remix) (Parlophone 12") <-- need the remix

Rachid Bahri - Rachid Bahri album, 1977. Guitar on Oliver de Cromwell Road and Il Survivra.
Good luck finding this album. If anyone has a copy in excellent condition... let me know!

Vicki Brown - About Love and Life album, 1990, Guitar on I'll Always Be Waiting.
With such a following in the UK and the Netherlands, it seems that this album would still be in print... but it isn't. I want this CD!

Kate Bush - Passing Through Air song, 1973.
I have this on 45... wish I could afford the box set of "This Woman's Work" so I could have the track on CD.

Berlin
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Pink And Velvet"
(1986) Pink And Velvet (remix) (Mercury 12") <-- need this remix

Blue Pearl
(1990) Alive (edit) / Down To You / Alive (remix) (Big Life 12")
<Also 12 ' single with three remix versions of "Alive" Goa, Radio and Organapello.>

Sam Brown
(1988) This Feeling (A&M CD5)
Includes remixed version of "This Feeling" <--Still looking

David Courtney
(1975) David Courtney's First Day (EMI LP)

David Gilmour plays guitar on "When Your Life Is Your Own"
I'm still looking for this one.

Doll By Doll
(1982) Grand Passion (Magnet LP)
David Gilmour plays guitar somewhere on the album
The track is "Boxers Hit Harder When Women Are Around" from what information I can gather.
Now if I can only find the album. Does anyone have this?

Donovan - Living On Love album, 1991, Unreleased. Guitar on Lover O Lover, Everlasting Sea, I Love the Way You Rock Me. Unreleased, I think, but if anyone has a bootleg copy... please contact me!

Hale And Pace And The Stonkers
(19??) The Stonk (London 7")
David Gilmour plays guitar on the title track
< Also on CD single with extended mix >

Hawkwind
(1976) Kerb Crawler / Honky Dorky (Charisma 7")
Mixed by David Gilmour <-- and according to some sources, plays guitar on Kerb Crawler

Jools Holland
(1991) Together Again (IRS 7")
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Honey Dripper"
Would love to obtain a copy of this...

Holly And The Ivys
(19??) Christmas On 45 (Decca 7")
David Gilmour plays on the record
Would love to obtain a copy of this...

Kirsty Maccoll
(19??) Innocence (Virgin CD5)
Includes remix of "No Victims" <-- still looking for this CD / Single?

Jimmy Nail
(1992) Only Love (Can Bring Us Home) (Eastwest CD5)
Includes remixed (?) version of "Only Love (Can Bring Us Home)" <-- Haven't heard of this one either.

Paul McCarney - I Love This House song, 1980s, Guitar. <--Haven't heard of this one, another item to research...

Pete Townshend
(1986) Give Blood (ATCO 12")
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Won't Get Fooled Again" (Live) <--Still looking for this one...

Quiver
(19??) Quiver (Warner Bros LP)
David Gilmour plays guitar somewhere on the album <-- In credits it says with thanks to "Fred Gilmour" believed to be David.
Nothing definitive, album also not in my collection...

Roe
(1990) Roe (Barclay LP)
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Como El Agua" <-- I think I have a line on this one. ;-)

Rock Aid Armenia

(1989) Smoke On The Water
< I have three different "mixes" in my collection. The album version at 4:09, The "Radio Mix" at 5:09 and the "Extended Mix" at 5:51. There is at least one other "mix" available on a 12 inch single. It is either "Mega Rock Remix" or the "Mayhem Mix". It is possible that there are 2 other versions. >

(1989) Smoke On The Water - The Video Collection (Virgin VHS-PAL) <-- Alas, it is in PAL format :-(
David Gilmour appears on the video
Also on laser disc / but out of price range!

(1990) One World One Voice (Virgin CD)
David Gilmour plays guitar somewhere on the album <-- Can't find this one either

Video

The following are on Pal only? :-(

John Martyn
(19??) The Apprentice Tour (Virgin VHS-PAL) <--- I think the audio is on the Live CD... if the tape is from the Shaw Theatre show of March 31, 1990
David Gilmour plays guitar somewhere <-- If show is Shaw Theatre, check CD track list

Various artists

(1989) Hysterial 2! - The Second Coming (Palaca VHS-PAL) <-- and it's in PAL format :-(
David Gilmour plays guitar on "My Girl"

(1991) The Best Of Hysteria 3! (PMI VHS-PAL)
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Together Again", "I Wish I Knew How It Feels" and "Honey Dripper"
(1992) Amnesty International The Big 30! (VHS-PAL)
David Gilmour plays guitar throughout <-- and it's in PAL format :-(

(1992) Guitar (Warner Music Vision VHS-PAL)
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Wish You Were Here"

(19??) Total Recall (Virgin, VHS-PAL) <-- and it's in PAL format :-(
David Gilmour plays guitar on "Slave To Love"

Other
(1994) Tuneland (7th Level CD-ROM)
David Gilmour plays guitar somewhere <-- Haven't heard about this one. Something else for my search