Pink Floyd - "Oh By The Way" - 40th Anniversary Box Set

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Flozzie
Axe
Axe

Re: Pink Floyd - "Oh By The Way" - 40th Anniversary Box Set

Post by Flozzie »

danielcaux wrote:This is like the 3rd time I ask this but is this set even remastered?
I noticed in the general album listings they had the date when the album(s) was/were re-mastered.

And as an extra bonus,fans are going to have to download a couple of plug-ins for two of those albums.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

So what's the final verdict on this folks? Is it worth the trouble? Is the mini album artwork the only thing going for this set?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Flozzie wrote:
danielcaux wrote:This is like the 3rd time I ask this but is this set even remastered?
I noticed in the general album listings they had the date when the album(s) was/were re-mastered.

And as an extra bonus,fans are going to have to download a couple of plug-ins for two of those albums.
Plug-ins for what? :?
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

nosaj wrote:
Flozzie wrote: I noticed in the general album listings they had the date when the album(s) was/were re-mastered.

Plug-ins for what? :?

A plug in you butt for the reaming you took for buying the same old rerun shite :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I bought it. The Japenese versions from several years ago are better (plus they had the original Relics cover)...I would not recomend buying it if you have all their albums. But, for me, I am selling all the jewel case versions I have. This box will take up less space.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

I read the reviews for this set on amazon.com. They are not very favourable, unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... r_redirect
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

They are worth noting.
kindlyfop
Axe
Axe

Post by kindlyfop »

Ohy (oh yeah in urban mode) beat, why?
Because there is no pulse
Please put the four corpses in four graves
Is there any kind of resurrection?
We must wait 40 days after these 40 years
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

nosaj wrote:I bought it. The Japenese versions from several years ago are better (plus they had the original Relics cover)...I would not recomend buying it if you have all their albums. But, for me, I am selling all the jewel case versions I have. This box will take up less space.
Please describe the packaging, same booklets as the 90s remastered versions?
Frankymole
Axe
Axe

Post by Frankymole »

"Oh By The Way" which one is Pink, I suppose... :p

Anyway, are they going to "miniaturize" the inner sleeves? The one for Animals had all the lyrics calligraphed by Nick Mason, for instance. Or do collectors not get that? I bought all the ones I like most on vinyl from an old/collector's record shop, the full-size album sleeves (WITH the illustrated inner sleeves) can't be beaten.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Frankymole wrote:"Oh By The Way" which one is Pink, I suppose... :p

Anyway, are they going to "miniaturize" the inner sleeves? The one for Animals had all the lyrics calligraphed by Nick Mason, for instance. Or do collectors not get that? I bought all the ones I like most on vinyl from an old/collector's record shop, the full-size album sleeves (WITH the illustrated inner sleeves) can't be beaten.
Couldn't agree with you more.

I just don't get it. First they make a bug fuzz about re-doing the artwork for the remasters. And now the reason to buy this set is that .... they reprinted the original artwork???

It getting weirder and weirder. Opel, 'Crazy Diamond - The Complete recordings', 'Shine On - The Box', Remasters, 3CD PatGoD, ...... Maybe they should release a compilation album titled: "When Will It Ever End"!

And to keep on hammering Waters: just release 'The Wall Live 1980/81' live video stuff on DVD. And some post 1973 live seventies stuff.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

danielcaux wrote:
nosaj wrote:I bought it. The Japenese versions from several years ago are better (plus they had the original Relics cover)...I would not recomend buying it if you have all their albums. But, for me, I am selling all the jewel case versions I have. This box will take up less space.
Please describe the packaging, same booklets as the 90s remastered versions?
There are no booklets. PATGOD through to Meddle is simply a cardboard album replica with a cd in it - no booklet. Only DSotM, WYWH have special packaging with stickers and what not. aMLoR actually has the original UK cover with the guy snapping a twig or bone and inside is just the original photo of Dave and Nick (no Rick)...Obscured by Clouds is in a strange way the only interesting album cover with the rounded edges and interesting texture.

J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

what about the inner sleeves with the lyrics?
or the shrinkwrap sticker for the wall?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

J Ed wrote:what about the inner sleeves with the lyrics?
or the shrinkwrap sticker for the wall?
DSotM, WYWH, Animals, the Wall, aMLoR and DB have lyrics printed on the inner sleeves. The final Cut has lyrics printed on the inner gatefold. All other albums simply have the cd in a plastic sleeve (the kind you use to see in the Japanese imports with the rounded edge). Yes, WYWH has a postcard and the black plastic wrap, the wall has the title stuck on the front like a sticker (clear see-through), DSotM has the stickers and posters. That's it. No booklets.
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

Syd'sSexy wrote:I read the reviews for this set on amazon.com. They are not very favourable, unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... r_redirect
Dave P in CT in amazon.co.uk review wrote:Perhaps they should have called this one "Oh BUY the Way" instead?
Couldn't have put it better than this.