Your complaints about the Features Editor at Gilmour's blog

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Your complaints about the Features Editor at Gilmour's blog

Post by nosaj »

snifferdog and david Gilmour sitting in a tree...

K
I
S
S
I
N
G
:lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Well....we are both Pisceans :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

He does like younger ladies...I am assuming you are younger.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Yep, I'm a good bit younger than Polly :lol: He's also the same age as my parents though so I think I'll stick to being an evil replacement FEd.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Keith Jordan wrote:Perhaps the F.ED has died? :o
That none of us question you writing it with a fairly happy looking face just speaks volumes about our dislike for the man :lol:
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

:shock: I know the features editor! You all hate FE?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Gem wrote::shock: I know the features editor! You all hate FE?
You actually know him, precious?
Whats his name?

We dont actually hate him.
It's just that some of the people had a really hard time with him.
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

Damn!t wrote:
Gem wrote::shock: I know the features editor! You all hate FE?
You actually know him, precious?
Whats his name?

We dont actually hate him.
It's just that some of the people had a really hard time with him.
Yes, I really know the FE. Nice person. Can't give you a name though. :-$

Haven't been on Gilmour's blog for ages. Had no idea there was unrest.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I had no idea that Gilmour had a blog site. I checked it out though, based on what I have read in this thread, and you are right. There seems to be some type of clique there that worships the ground he walks on. If you aren't in that clique, he goes out of his way to be nasty to you about the littlest of things.

I can't remember who, but someone said that his ridicule of fan sites such as ours is ridiculous, because we fan sites are keeping the interest going, keeping the enthusiasm alive. So yeah, this features editor is generally biased and nasty to some while sickeningly sweet to others. I don't get it. Those who don't see how much of an assbag he is on that site are either ignoring it or are people like Gem who know him and see that he is a nice guy in person. Hopefully, at some point, he decides to be a nice guy online as well.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I presume his job remit is to only allow positive comments appear on the blog. It's a promotional tool for David Gilmour the solo artist who in no way is connected with Pink Floyd. And no, he's not going to play in you home town :D
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

snifferdog wrote: It's a promotional tool for David Gilmour the solo artist who in no way is connected with Pink Floyd. :D
well playing Pink Floyd songs doesnt help much.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Yeah, let Mr. Gilmour try to tour a show headlining such super smash hits as "Let's Get Metaphysical" and see how well he does. :lol:

Pink Floyd was, is and always will be his bread and butter, the reason he is popular and the source of his 150 million pounds in the bank. I think a smidge of gratitude to his fans would be appreciated. I'm not talking about him giving in to their whims, just showing them respect, that's all.
rara
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rara »

In what way is David not showing respect to his fans? I think in order to receive respect one has to give respect also. He is not the man doing the blog. He is not the one responding to certain moronic comments made on the blog. At least he has a blog and shares a lot of information with with these so-called fans. Surprisingly enough I'm sure these so-called fans didn't complain when he toured and played their favourite Floyd tune. I believe that this 'subject' was about The F.Ed. at David's Blog not David personally. So make your commments at the right person. <ii>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

rara wrote:1 - In what way is David not showing respect to his fans? I think in order to receive respect one has to give respect also.

2 - I believe that this 'subject' was about The F.Ed. at David's Blog not David personally. So make your commments at the right person. <ii>
1 - How does one go about showing respect to an artist when there are so many fans and only one artist. He wouldnt have time to be in receipt of so much respect.

2 - Yes.... STAY ON TOPIC OR YOU'RE ALL BANNED!!!!! You tell 'em rara! You're my new favourite. 8)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Look, Fed there represents David Gilmour, not himself. So, sometimes he should be more careful in choosing words. I agree that there are alot of comments that should be modified, but the thing is that you cant even mention some of the stuff that happen in the past.
I think that Fed is, at least should be his main function, a Gilmour pr representative and he expresses the views of his employer to the public. That means that what he sais what Dave thinks. Trouble is that you have to discuss only Gilmours last solo project, which is only top of the iceberg, and to be honest a bit boring. Other Floyd based stuff are mainly not allowed to be discussed there. Well, that sucks. Gilmour, in the eyes of the vast majority of his fans is mainly a part of Pink Floyd. And when people discuss Floyd there is allways a certain amount of contradictions and different views. Fed (and Gilmour) want that blog to be clean of that. With that approach, they should have issued a weekly news sheet that would be distributed on peoples adresses. Not open a blog on the internet. This reminds me of some communist propaganda. We will write how perfect we are and you have to agree or you are an enemy.
Well, fuck that.