I'd like you to share your pink floyd likes with me

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

:D T F C was originaly going to be the sound track from the Wall Film but it was decided that there was not enough new or altered music to justify putting it out as an album - after all they would not want to rip off the fans - mention no albums but echoes springs to mind. When the Tigers broke free was penciled in for the album but as it progressed it moved more and more away from the film music it was shelved.

On another vain, mosespa, did you visit the Pro's and Cons of hitch hiking when you did your version of the wall. Both albums were written at the same time so it would be fair to say they are linked and by the way Rog chops and changes his lyrics about any of the PaCoHH's tracks could have ended up on the Wall and vise versa. You also have the words sung by pink prior to Stop in the Wall film turning up on the PaCoHH. :?:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Actually, no, I didn't.

I don't see the point.

PACOHH may have been written at the same time as The Wall and some of the lyrics were quoted in the movie, but it's a different concept and in my opinion, not really related to The Wall...by which I mean that nothing taken from The Wall turned up in PACOHH.
Julia Dream
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Julia Dream »

hi...
i'm sorry i haven't visited the site for so long :oops:
this has became very interesting, but i still don't like TFC that much...
my birthday is on october, that makes me the younger, and david, you see the lyrics actually had something to do with the time they were written in. :wink:
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Bout those 2 Final Cut songs

Post by Stiggs »

I think that those 2 songs left out from The Wall and put into The Final Cut were taken out for time constraints. They took out all the other songs and edited a bit of "The Show Must Go On" so I guess that's why. Tho I wasn't there when it was being written so I could be wrong...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

DG has said that the songs on TFC that were thrown off The Wall were thrown off for not being "up to snuff."

He said something about Roger coming back with the exact same songs and "they weren't good enough before...what makes them so good now?"

There's really no way of knowing how they sounded as part of The Wall...the Wall demos don't have those songs.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

mosespa wrote:There's really no way of knowing how they sounded as part of The Wall...the Wall demos don't have those songs.
The Wall Demos on the net do not have any songs that did not make it on the actual album, which raises a flag right there in my mind. There was supposedly enough material initially for the album to be a triple LP.

Also notice how ITAOT? is broken up into three parts, despite the claim that Bob Ezrin practically wrote the entire song on the album by himself...I find that rather odd.

I find the demo for RLH extremely odd. It sounds to me like someone messed around with the finished studio version to make it sound like a demo. There are splices here and there if you listen closely, and it could be a clever hybrid of the studio version and live versions from PULSE and DSOT. Of course they were muffled to give it the "demo" sound. Maybe I'm going nuts, but I can even hear the singing on the studio album being cut out at certain parts...

There are a few other things that came to mind when I first heard the demos, but I can't think of them at this moment.

I think The Wall demos are a shady lot.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Julia

Ah they were linked to the time they were written babe, but great lyrics are timeless like those of bob dylan and John Lennon. See you on msn after your holiday and enjoy Brazil :lol: :D

Real Pink

Ah the wall demos, they were impressive. Loved the demo of the show must go on featuring the best verse ever! That change from the verse to "it was just a mistake" was perfect!

Everyone else

Lets stay on subject guys. Can other people contribute cause this is turning in to one of those posts whee like 4 people post everything.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

The Wall Demos?

Post by Stiggs »

How do I get my hands on a copy of The Wall demos? I wanna hear them.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I got them in a record fair for 7.99, there should be a local one near you soon, up here they're every month in both edinburgh and glasgow.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

How do I get my hands on a copy of The Wall demos? I wanna hear them.
Stiggs

Look at your private messages and I will tell you how to get a copy
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
mosespa wrote:There's really no way of knowing how they sounded as part of The Wall...the Wall demos don't have those songs.
The Wall Demos on the net do not have any songs that did not make it on the actual album, which raises a flag right there in my mind. There was supposedly enough material initially for the album to be a triple LP.

Also notice how ITAOT? is broken up into three parts, despite the claim that Bob Ezrin practically wrote the entire song on the album by himself...I find that rather odd.

I find the demo for RLH extremely odd. It sounds to me like someone messed around with the finished studio version to make it sound like a demo. There are splices here and there if you listen closely, and it could be a clever hybrid of the studio version and live versions from PULSE and DSOT. Of course they were muffled to give it the "demo" sound. Maybe I'm going nuts, but I can even hear the singing on the studio album being cut out at certain parts...

There are a few other things that came to mind when I first heard the demos, but I can't think of them at this moment.

I think The Wall demos are a shady lot.

I believe that, claims to the contrary notwithstanding, The Wall demos ARE NOT the home made demos Roger brought to the band. I think they are "professional studio" recordings...a dry run, if you will.

It's possible that Bob Ezrin suggesting doing away with all three parts of ITAOT and rewrote the song himself.

I think that The Wall demos were made at some midway point in the whole process...after TFC songs had been thrown off and it was decided to make it a two disc set rather than a three disc set, but before everything was completely streamlined.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Indeed Mosespa, the fact that Gilmour's guitar is heard, songs like CN RLH, Young Lust and the TRIAL are there, is proof enough for the statement that THE WALL DEMOS are NOT Rogers original pieces he presented to the group.