David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

Post by Damn!t »

Damn!t wrote:To David Gilmour > you're David Gilmour for fucks sake.
There you go Keith.
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

The second I found out about this new release, I was uplifted over the news. My hope for a tour has be re-ignited. I have been waiting to hear something like this regarding Glimour again! Good news! I was starting to wonder.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

2066 wrote:How about those Toronto Maple Leafs? Weren't they the best goddamn baseball team to ever win the Super Bowl?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

momentaryhawking wrote:The second I found out about this new release, I was uplifted over the news. My hope for a tour has be re-ignited. I have been waiting to hear something like this regarding Glimour again! Good news! I was starting to wonder.
a tour ? what chu talkin' bout' Wilis
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

I myself am really looking forward to this. Yes I also have audio and video of this concert, but it isnt the same as an official release.

Why so many here bash everything Gilmour does is insane. I see the same people over and over again taking shots at him and its sad to see.

If you dont like what he does, simply dont post. did your parents not teach you, If you dont have something nice to say, dont say nothing?
Do you all not know that this constant bashing does little more then to drive Gilmour fans from this site? is that what you want? I would expect better from site mods and admins then the childish name calling and such.

sure Gilmour/his management may make bad choices, but dont we all? after all we are all only human.

Every post i have visited here there is BPmolder, mosespa, draftsack, damnit and others who take every chance to call him names, pick fun at his weight and generally act very childish and immature.

that said, im outta here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have dealt with the last three bashes of Gilmour by editing the posts and issuing those users with warnings. I shall be paying closer attention now to people who bash others. Remember, you are all free to report any users posts you think breaks the forum rules by clicking on the report post icon at the top right of any particular post. The bashing will stop now.

As for my mistake about the DVD, I still need to correct that to CD. I read about the inclusion of a documentary with the release and I accidentally though video therefore DVD. But, in reality, this will probably be a hybrid release as an audio CD with a portion for video too!
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

thanks keith jkeep up the good work.

and I like Gilmour's music for the record.... :D
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

Keith Jordan wrote:I have dealt with the last three bashes of Gilmour by editing the posts and issuing those users with warnings. I shall be paying closer attention now to people who bash others. Remember, you are all free to report any users posts you think breaks the forum rules by clicking on the report post icon at the top right of any particular post. The bashing will stop now.

As for my mistake about the DVD, I still need to correct that to CD. I read about the inclusion of a documentary with the release and I accidentally though video therefore DVD. But, in reality, this will probably be a hybrid release as an audio CD with a portion for video too!
its very good to hear, thanks from me and many others im sure.

back to the subject at hand, I would really like to see a DVD/CD release of this.
It seems kinda pointless to have all those video screens shooting video feed and not record it.
very easy and cheap to add a video recorder to them, and would be very profitable.
the bootleg dvd circulating of the show is very good, but a direct feed of from the screens would be outstanding. 2 dvds of the same tour wouldnt be redundant at all as both dates offered something different and would be a welcome addition in my house.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

omnicron wrote:Every post i have visited here there is BPmolder, mosespa, draftsack, damnit and others who take every chance to call him names, pick fun at his weight and generally act very childish and immature.
I'm sorry you feel that I am one of the Gilmour hatemongers around here because I can assure you I am not. I am further disturbed that you would lump me in with those who are malicious in what they say, even though what I say is merely in jest and contains no malice or ill will.

So just the same as you instruct me to not post if I have nothing nice to say, I instruct you to place me on your ignore list if you don't want to read my posts, because you are the only one who has that problem with me. I am not a moderator or administrator so you will find that I am definitely ignorable.

As far as the topic goes, does anyone know what Gilmour's inclination is towards far off shots with lots of sky on his album covers?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

omnicron wrote:If you dont like what he does, simply dont post. did your parents not teach you, If you dont have something nice to say, dont say nothing?
No they tought me the opposite. If you think something is wrong, don´t look away.

The live cd ist just obsolete after the DVD, and we all know how much "live" this CD will be after 2 years of postproduction. I really like Gilmour, i loved the tour, love his contribution to Floyd, his first solo album and i have to admit i finally like 2 or 3 songs from OaI, but the stuff he did lately (NPF-Roio section, Box-set, useless live cd) is a bit bleh. But hey it´s quite funny to see that lately the "good guy" seems to be Waters, times changed eh? And i guess a little bit fun about horseface and OFG is allowed as long as we keep giving them our money :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I was thinking the same thing recently, Yucateco, about how the roles seem to have reversed. I hear stories of Roger bashing in the 80's and 90's that are incredible at times.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yucateco wrote:OFG
Dont say that! He is not old and he doesent have a fat gut.
Where did you see that?

It is really poor for someone to think that calling Gilmour *insert a forbiden word* would actually mean that
we are trying to insult him.

Ah, well, I'll get on my knees then and do 3 cyrcles around the altar for penance.
Last edited by Damn!t on Thu May 08, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

corie wrote:
momentaryhawking wrote:The second I found out about this new release, I was uplifted over the news. My hope for a tour has be re-ignited. I have been waiting to hear something like this regarding Glimour again! Good news! I was starting to wonder.
a tour ? what chu talkin' bout' Wilis
Usually with a new release people are going to look for the artist to tour with it. So that's why I am happy. There's a chance of it happening.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

momentaryhawking wrote:
corie wrote: a tour ? what chu talkin' bout' Wilis
Usually with a new release people are going to look for the artist to tour with it. So that's why I am happy. There's a chance of it happening.
ermmm.... that release is a live concert from the LAST tour, so no chance he will tour THAT release ;)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

To address omnicron specifically (without subjecting them to the horrors of "mossification,"...and at the same time, maybe even demonstrate why I do that in the first place,) I would like to say the following:

I'm a HUGE fan of Gilmour as a guitarist. He is my chief influence and I even think he's written (or has at least had a large hand in writing,) some of the greatest songs known to man.

This doesn't mean that he's incapable of seemingly questionable judgement in the eyes of people who feel moved to comment on said seemingly questionable judgement. I happen to be one of those people who feel so moved and this is a forum where we're allowed to discuss what we think about what the various members of Pink Floyd are doing/have done.

Isn't that kind of the point of a forum?

I don't recall "bashing" Gilmour's weight, age, etc. etc in my tirade against what I see as a bare faced attempt to cash in while he can.

I'm not a Gilmour Hater...I just think he's not being very discreet about trying to milk us. Maybe I should admire him even more for at least not trying to insult my intelligence in the process. *shrug*

As far as "bashing" goes, I'm firmly in the camp that thinks that any celebrity is fair game. By holding yourself up to the public, you expose yourself to ridicule because not everyone is going to think that everything you do smells like roses and tastes like honeydew.

In fact, a really, really large number of those people are more likely to think it smells like garbage and tastes like something that I'm not going to specify in order to avoid outraging more *ahem* delicate members of the community...but I think you catch my drift.

Are attacks on a person's appearance unfair?

If they're a celebrity...no, they are not unfair. You have to take the good with the bad and not all criticism is going to be constructive and polite.

Are they poor form?

Perhaps...but they also make great jokes at times. *shrug*

People shudder over the use of "OFG" to describe Gilmour.

I, for one, think they should be rejoicing over the fact that we are kind enough to use an acronym rather than spell out the whole thing.

"Count your blessings."

We've been known to get pretty bawdy from time to time. :D