David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Re: David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

Post by omnicron »

still havent changed the topic title to CD, the fed will have a field day the nasty little bugger.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Hey, Omnicron...we really should go pm if we want to continue this little back and forth. If nothing else, it'll keep Admins and the mods from having to wade through a mountain of flagged posts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back On Topic: Yeah...I think this cd is just OFG ripping us off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and thank you btw
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

For...?

Back on topic: I wonder if there WILL be a video release for this?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I think if there was any video footage shot that wasn't all fogged up, we might possibly see a DVD.
omnicron
Knife
Knife

Post by omnicron »

yeah I read they were having issues finding the effect pedals due to the vast amount of fog, but the video bootleg looks quite nice and even the screens that were above the stage looked very nice.
I personally dont see this as a rip off as i have audio of every show from the tour and dont feel as though i wasted my time to download them and the performance with orchastra was very nice added bonus which was not present at any other concert.
What I REALLY want is On The Turning Away to be an extra on the live cd as its one of the redeaming songs from AMLOR.
I view it like Pearl Jams Official bootlegs, a good option for those who want it all, and something is better then nothing in my opinion.

to mosespa: its not as if we are saying "fuck you" back and forth, we are simply having a debate which one could constrew as a debate on morals, ideals and values so i cant see that big of a deal. Anyone who wants to flag it for the disagreement between us on the right and wrong of the issue can get over it as this does reflect the nature of humans as we tend to feel the need to defend people or as someone else said if we see something not right instead of looking the other way we need to say something.
Obviously we will need to agree to disagree on this subject, but as for any hard feelings toward each other none was intended on either part i believe, it is just an issue we see different views on.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

But Pearl Jam's official bootlegs are available the next day and there's not that big of a deal made over them.

Goes back to what I was saying earlier...about how if Gilmour really wanted such total control over his output, he'd go indie.

Here's how I'm seeing this...and call me nuts, if you like. I'm sure it wouldn't be the harshest critique of my day.

A few bands lately seem to have signed for only three albums...maybe that's what Gilmour did. On An Island counts as the first, RAH as the second and this cd as the third.

Now...if Gilmour's about to pull PF back together and maybe even throw Roger into the mix and this is how he gets out of his solo contract so the PF thing can be focused on, then great; I'm down with that.

But I don't think that's what it is...so I'm not down with it.

That's just me...you don't have to agree with me; you don't even have to read this if you don't want to. :P
omnicron wrote: to mosespa: its not as if we are saying "fuck you" back and forth, we are simply having a debate which one could constrew as a debate on morals, ideals and values so i cant see that big of a deal. Anyone who wants to flag it for the disagreement between us on the right and wrong of the issue can get over it as this does reflect the nature of humans as we tend to feel the need to defend people or as someone else said if we see something not right instead of looking the other way we need to say something.
Obviously we will need to agree to disagree on this subject, but as for any hard feelings toward each other none was intended on either part i believe, it is just an issue we see different views on.
Dude, no hard feelings at all. I think you and I have been on the same page the whole time. There's no hostility going on here between you and I...*whistles nonchalantly*...but yeah, agree to disagree. *shakes on it*

And:

Back on topic: Nah, I don't think I'm gonna buy it. Maybe if it hits the bargain bin. *shrug*
omnicron
Knife
Knife

Post by omnicron »

mosespa wrote:But Pearl Jam's official bootlegs are available the next day and there's not that big of a deal made over them.

Goes back to what I was saying earlier...about how if Gilmour really wanted such total control over his output, he'd go indie.

Here's how I'm seeing this...and call me nuts, if you like. I'm sure it wouldn't be the harshest critique of my day.

A few bands lately seem to have signed for only three albums...maybe that's what Gilmour did. On An Island counts as the first, RAH as the second and this cd as the third.

Now...if Gilmour's about to pull PF back together and maybe even throw Roger into the mix and this is how he gets out of his solo contract so the PF thing can be focused on, then great; I'm down with that.

But I don't think that's what it is...so I'm not down with it.

That's just me...you don't have to agree with me; you don't even have to read this if you don't want to. :P
omnicron wrote: to mosespa: its not as if we are saying "fuck you" back and forth, we are simply having a debate which one could constrew as a debate on morals, ideals and values so i cant see that big of a deal. Anyone who wants to flag it for the disagreement between us on the right and wrong of the issue can get over it as this does reflect the nature of humans as we tend to feel the need to defend people or as someone else said if we see something not right instead of looking the other way we need to say something.
Dude, no hard feelings at all. I think you and I have been on the same page the whole time. There's no hostility going on here between you and I...*whistles nonchalantly*...but yeah, agree to disagree. *shakes on it*

And:

Back on topic: Nah, I don't think I'm gonna buy it. Maybe if it hits the bargain bin. *shrug*
as much as i would like to think of it as a way to get out of the contract to do the Floyd thing, i too doubt it.
I think Gilmour/his management has seen the demand is there (espesially after live 8.) and they are doing the proper buisness thing, cash in on it while they can, and i cant blame them.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I guess I'm just cheesed off that these guys are quaking in their boots that ROIO's are going to prevent their album from selling.

What's preventing albums from selling these days is pretty much down to Sony's making everyone HAVE to accept a format which duplicates perfectly rather easily.

How did they not see that coming? :lol: :lol:
omnicron
Knife
Knife

Post by omnicron »

Bootlegs only help the band as free music is more like advertising, free advertising.
What bands need to do is follow the direction of PJ and offer the bootlegs direct from the soundboards. who would want an audience recording if you can get the soundboard?
Gilmour likes to talk up the charity bit, if he really wanted he could make a shitload for charity by offering people who attended the shows a bootleg by mail as long as they could provide a ticket stub. Charge a minimal fee to cover production costs of the discs and donate the rest to charity, but if he did that, he could offer up the live CD that he is doing now and make his less then $1.00 per CD sale.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

at least it is a new Floyd product containing new audio content and not a $200- slipcase containing 14 bonus albums we already own
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

...yet. :lol: :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Gilmour's "I'm Pink, dontcha know" box set would make for slim pickings. 4 albums, couple of DVDs... :lol:

I wonder how well the album will sell. It's a bit of a niche product I think. Live albums tend to come and go very quickly. It could be a nice memento for people who went to the shows who don't do ROIOs and/or didn't buy the DVD or rip the audio off it.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

OFG will be exceeding his milk quota if he carries on the way he's going
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

And the poor old Fed will have even more trouble scrabbling around trying to think of things to discuss [-D-]