Syd's next-door neighbour

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

They were always the same: ?F****** Roger Waters! I?m going to f****** kill him.?

i wonder how roger waters feels after reading this... :lol:
very good article, thanks for sharing!
PhilB
Axe
Axe

Post by PhilB »

What a load of bullshit (possibly based on a little truth).

Good luck to whoever wrote it and I hope they got plenty of money from the Mail for it, but I didn't need to see it in the magazine/newsletter thanks Keith :)
PhilB
Axe
Axe

Post by PhilB »

Mr Tuck wrote: ... what i hate is how all this has come to light. The bloke didn't have to tell the paper his story of living next door to Syd. But he did, and for that i think hes a total wanker. He may of got offered a nice amount of money for his story. Sad little man with nothing fulfilling in this life, so he decides to rant to the papers maybe.
Would Syds family really want to see that scrawled across the paper on a sunday morning? I'm guessing not.
The last comment made me laugh too
"Im sorry Syds dead-But i wont miss him."
Haha, but you wont mind a nice bit of publicity and cash will you.
Fucking Cardboard cut-out!
You say it so much more eloquently than me ;)
Wanker is correct, Nice one!
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Blimey. You folks really can be venomous sometimes. I don't think this story is remotely fake. I've known enough nutters (and I use that as a term of endearment, even when their behaviour was repulsive and reprehensible) in my time to catch the ring of truth here. Like I said, the description of a "toy hippo nailed to a door handle" (every word ringing out for attention in that quote, you notice) is SO bizarre and charismatic as to be unlikely to be made up by the dullard mind that spouted the story to the hack wot wrote it. You have to learn to read between the lines, folks. Not just the stories you want to hear, or the party line you'd love to cling to, but the ugly and unpleasant truth, warts and all, that brings up all the colourful, incomprehensible details that fill in the picture.

Don't be so nasty to new members, please, especially when they are speaking honestly. It really isn't very nice to see.
srginc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by srginc »

IMO Roger Barrett knew much more about Pink Floyd than he , his sister, or anyone else let on to. He may have been a "nutter", but you can't convince me he doesn't remember his P.F. days, and in some way he watched them over the years (the Abbey Road incident in '75 says enough for me). He may have been blaming Waters for the whole mess in '85-'86 when he was suing Gilmour and Mason. It may have hit home to Barrett, as no one really knows what Waters was like when Barrett was IN the band, and what part Waters played with Barrett LEAVING the band...just a thought.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:Blimey. You folks really can be venomous sometimes. I don't think this story is remotely fake. I've known enough nutters (and I use that as a term of endearment, even when their behaviour was repulsive and reprehensible) in my time to catch the ring of truth here. Like I said, the description of a "toy hippo nailed to a door handle" (every word ringing out for attention in that quote, you notice) is SO bizarre and charismatic as to be unlikely to be made up by the dullard mind that spouted the story to the hack wot wrote it..
The author simply saw the photo of the toy hippo on the auction site and included it in his "story"..

The article is a complete fraud. Why? Well, he has vandalized the Syd Barrett Wikipedia page countless times in order to add SPAM links to his Myspace page. He also has a section on his Myspace page where he offers to tell the "truth" about Syd Barrett for a small fee. All you have to do is call him, pay him and he will tell all :roll:
Daintyankle
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Syd's next-door neighbour

Post by Daintyankle »

Thank you for sharing the article with all of us...I like reading things that show the human side of Roger Barrett and not just the myth of craziness that seemed to be a bullying and justification for being left out of his own band. Remarkable person and love to read about him. Thanks again. Daintyankle
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Well hello there Daintyankle, welcome to the Forum. Or shall I say, "Welcome back home, Jedi?" :lol:
Raglani
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Raglani »

I think I remember reading an interview with Tim Willis, author of Madcap: The Half-Life of Syd Barrett, in which he states that Rosemary told him that he often would yell and curse Waters name. I'm trying to track it down and post a link. Apparently she did some off the record interviews/help with the book. But just reading this thread for the first time, jogged my memory, I had heard about that instance before.... I'll see if I can track it down....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Here is an excellent article on Barrett's antics as told by his next door neighbour. ;-)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... th-jordan-
Raglani
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Raglani »

Yeah that's a great one. That was kinda what my post was in response to. Although I cannot seem to find the article that I first read about "F#*@! Waters" thing. I will keep searching. Been absorbing so much Syd lately that my brain is a little muddled. Had to take a break some years back but I'm really delighted at all the new info that floats around now that is new to me. Great Forum and site.
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

Bunch of crap!! I know this rant is way after the fact but this guy said he was gonna write a book about living next to Syd....Freakin' Vulture! Never saw the book; where is it, Mr. Sore!?!
He put down Syd's family, Pink Floyd saying they left him to rot basically while Syd barked at the moon for a year or two. And when people asked this asshole questions about Syd you got the obligatory "It'll all be in my book,wait for my book. Why tell you now then you won't buy my book". Guy is an asshole par excellence, people. this was 3-4 years ago.....Where are you now?? His stuff may be true (I wouldn't bet on it though!!) but he's gonna answer questions ONLY if he gets paid!?!? Guy gives maggots a bad name
1drunk

Post by 1drunk »

:-; I think he liked Roger!
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

Why was this sorry thread resurrected?? What a joke thatguy was! Liked Roger? If I was Barretts neighbor I'D sure nuff had tried to hit it hahahahahahaha
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Hell, the stuff the guy was claiming may actually be true for all we know...despite the fact that he's a jerk.