Blue Floyd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
nektar
Embryo
Embryo

Blue Floyd

Post by nektar »

I have a 3 cdr set from these guys. It's live interpretations/jams on floyd tunes with what sounds like a black man singing. Kinda bluesy/r&b. It's pretty good. Anyone hear of this or something similar?
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

yes they were a great lil band with marc ford from the black crowes as the guitar player
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

From what I understand, it's a side project from Government Mule.

I'm not at all impressed.

I hate southern rock and hearing Pink Floyd played by a southern rock band nauseates me.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

why aren't you impressed? have you even heard the project? blue floyd isn't even together, they have been broken up for a while now.

mossy, answer your pm's in neptune
jabutron
Embryo
Embryo

Post by jabutron »

There was a blue grass Wall released a year or so ago. I heard one song, and it had novelty value.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

NewEarthMud wrote:why aren't you impressed? have you even heard the project? blue floyd isn't even together, they have been broken up for a while now.

mossy, answer your pm's in neptune

Notice that I said "HEARING Pink Floyd played by a southern rock band..."

YES, I've heard the project. I am unimpressed.

I'd rather listen to poorly recorded ROIO's of cover bands who at least attempt to play the songs in a manner resembling rock music rather than pumped up country.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

You're right, Allen Wood and Matt Abts were in Blue Floyd along with Marc Ford, Berry Oakley, and Johnny Neel

It wasn't brilliant but I thought it was decent.. the guitar playing was the best thing. I could see I suppose why you woudn't like it.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

And Marc Ford was really wasted during those shows... some of the jams were horrible.

Maybe they weren't all that good

:lol: :P :shock: :D :P :roll: :wink:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

In any event, Government Mule--mentioned earlier re:Blue Floyd(with Warren Haynes on guitar) is a GREAT band and not a crappy southern band. They play everything from PF, Black Sabbath, etc covers and Warrren Haynes is an amazing guitarist. One of te best discs is an out of print (I believe) New year's eve live disc "live with a little help from their friends". Check that 2 cd set out and then tell me that they suck. I'm sure that there will be someone who will tell me that but...i'm sticking to my guns :P
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Please allow me to explain a bit of myself to those who don't really know me that well.

I don't like "Southern Rock" at all. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Foghat, Blackfoot, anyone who's lead saynger sayngs lahk thayis.

I'm fond of saying that if you had never heard The Beatles speak, one might never have known that they were British.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I like Marshall Tucker Band, The Allmans, some Skynyrd... and Gov't Mule is amazing..

just my opinion

but i'm not that big into suuutherrrn rock. but i do love classic country and honk tonk music.. and i love blues..