Very interesting.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Very interesting.

Post by bong »

O.k., so I'm pretty bored today. I was screwing around with this sound recording program on my computer, recording songs and listening to them backwards and that kinda thing.
I've got this floyd song that I guess is a ROIO of some sort, I don't know the name it is simply called "master" I recorded a few minutes of it and decided to play it backwards, well, from the best of my hearing, it sounds exactly the same backwards as forward. My program does work properly, incase you were wondering because I've got a copy of that Empty spaces backwards, and when I play that in reverse, it plays the song forward.
So anyways, I find it to be quite interesting that it sounds the same being played backwards as forward, or at the least, very similar.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

very unusual indeed. :lol:
fatoldsun
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fatoldsun »

I think you definetely have too much time on your hands, Bong but who isn't guilty of such? I for one put little credence to any backwards sampling.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

whatever
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Bong what are your thoughts on bottled water?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Playing about with audio is a great thing to do. Go to google.com and type in oops and see what kinds of amazing things you can do with that effect of inverting one of the stereo signals and overlaying on the other signal in the mix so that centrally panned audio is cancelled out and only that which was out of phase steros remains. You can get some amazing results!! :D
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

NewEarthMud wrote:Bong what are your thoughts on bottled water?
Well, i'm durnk right now. The joint that i live art for school has a water well. i am however taking a course called drilling andf blasting. one of the typse of drilling they teach us is water well drilling. after taking a good look at the water well at my current residence with a copy of the ontario water resources act in hand, i am glad that I drink bottled water because for one thing the water is hard as hell, lots of disao9lved minerals \in there . the ither ting is, there isn;'t really a whole lot of protection for the well, it is less than 90 metres away from a source of contamination (septic tank) which is one regulation, there are multiple othre violations which I have come across aswell. Although I have drank well water compared to city water and well water is muvch better than city water, i really glad that i don't drink the water from this well because it is ghorrible. and this well should be decommissioned.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

:lol: :lol: :D

That was extremely brilliant, bong. You are my kind of people.