Don't leave me now

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Don't leave me now

Post by Stiggs »

I love The Wall...this is the 3rd time I listened to it today. I tried to listen to The Wall to see if there was anything I never noticed or understood, and the only thing I've noticed is I'm starting to really love the song Don't Leave Me Now.
The way Pink Floyd tries to convey emotions and the messages within their songs is what truly makes them unique. The Wall is something else because it's basically a soundtrack to a man's head, so we all have a good understanding of emotions, which is why The Wall is so good, because for the kind of things going on in the album the music just is so perfectly fitting. I love Don't Leave Me Now because I think it does a much better job of conveying what's going through Pink's head then...I think the only song on the album to do a better job than that is Comfortably Numb.
Well that's the end of my rant. I just had to put this up here because I'm sure there's at least one other person out there who feels the same way.

BTW...anyone think "Is There Anybody Out There" is better than "The Wall"?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I always hated that song. It's annoying cause it's sanwiched between 2 good songs