David Gilmour's Tribute to Richard Wright....

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: David Gilmour's Tribute to Richard Wright....

Post by Syd'sSexy »

snifferdog wrote:I hope he performs something other than that godawful Great Gig in the Sky. I hate that that's what Rick's best remembered for.
YAY! Someone on the forum agrees with me! I despise that song, only because of that hideous warbling. Musically, it's fine, and I like all the rest of Rick's songs. 8)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Maybe as a fitting tribute we could get a special mix of Great Gig with Clair Tory taken off! I'm sure the piano is still doing crucial things under there.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

my breakfast. wrote:Maybe as a fitting tribute we could get a special mix of Great Gig with Clair Tory taken off! I'm sure the piano is still doing crucial things under there.
I've always thought there was scope for a version of Great Gig with the vocals replaced with a similiar guitar part done by a certain Mr Gilmour ...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

How about he sings Wearing the Inside Out which was personal to Rick? Or perhaps Breakthrough?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Beowulf wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:Maybe as a fitting tribute we could get a special mix of Great Gig with Clair Tory taken off! I'm sure the piano is still doing crucial things under there.
I've always thought there was scope for a version of Great Gig with the vocals replaced with a similiar guitar part done by a certain Mr Gilmour ...
It's not as special without Claire...
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

moom wrote:
Beowulf wrote:I've always thought there was scope for a version of Great Gig with the vocals replaced with a similiar guitar part done by a certain Mr Gilmour ...
It's not as special without Claire...
Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who dislikes the original - far from it - I just thought there might be scope to do something a little different as an homage to Rick
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Beowulf wrote: Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who dislikes the original - far from it - I just thought there might be scope to do something a little different as an homage to Rick
Okay. Then, you can almost entirely remove vocals in Audacity - check out tutorials at Youtube :)
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

moom wrote:
Beowulf wrote: Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who dislikes the original - far from it - I just thought there might be scope to do something a little different as an homage to Rick
Okay. Then, you can almost entirely remove vocals in Audacity - check out tutorials at Youtube :)
Sure, can you also get in touch with David and ask him nicely to replace them with a similar sounding guitar part?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Beowulf wrote:
moom wrote: Okay. Then, you can almost entirely remove vocals in Audacity - check out tutorials at Youtube :)
Sure, can you also get in touch with David and ask him nicely to replace them with a similar sounding guitar part?
Add your own :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

More than likely he will play wish you were here for him. That or breakthrough i reckons
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
snifferdog wrote:I hope he performs something other than that godawful Great Gig in the Sky. I hate that that's what Rick's best remembered for.
YAY! Someone on the forum agrees with me! I despise that song, only because of that hideous warbling.
:shock: It might be not the best of him, but surely one of the best, and despising that shocks.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Great Gig in the Sky would have been a bit tasteless anyway. I'm glad David went for Remember A Day [-D-]
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

snifferdog wrote:Great Gig in the Sky would have been a bit tasteless anyway. I'm glad David went for Remember A Day [-D-]
Yes, it was a good choice beautifully performed
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Beowulf wrote:
snifferdog wrote:Great Gig in the Sky would have been a bit tasteless anyway. I'm glad David went for Remember A Day [-D-]
Yes, it was a good choice beautifully performed
Great choice, and yes, I HAVE TO agree on Great Gig... only Rick has the right to play it...