Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Discuss all things Richard Wright from his epic keyboarding to the wonderful songs he created for the band!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Post by Keith Jordan »

Christophe, I find it quite disgusting that you use the nature of this thread to abuse the forum rules.

Post in ENGLISH only. If you continue to post in non-English, then you will receive a warning. 3 warnings in one week gets you banned.

Now keep on topic and pay your respects people and stop abusing this thread.
Christophe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Christophe »

Keith Jordan wrote:Christophe, I find it quite disgusting that you use the nature of this thread to abuse the forum rules.

Post in ENGLISH only. If you continue to post in non-English, then you will receive a warning. 3 warnings in one week gets you banned.

Now keep on topic and pay your respects people and stop abusing this thread.
OK Keith, sorry.
...but "disgusting" ...
On no account I wanted to miss respect...
Contact

Post by Contact »

On Thursday, September 18, 2008, I heard this beautiful Richard Wright Tribute on the radio:
Tribute to Richard Wright
Topic: THE MARSDEN THEATRE TRIBUTE
Conf: The NEWS
Date: September 21, 2008 01:04 AM

I rarely post any of the mixes from my show, however the e-mail demands and requests are at an all time high to hear it again.

Since the days before Dark Side Of The Moon I have always been a major Pink Floyd fan. And indeed, had the great pleasure to chat with each of them many times and to introduce them at several major concerts.

Pink Floyd will never appear together in concert again. For me, I think that may be best. It would be nearly impossible for them to live up to the enormous expectations of the fans.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to see Pink Floyd live about 7 times in various cities.
marsdenglobal.com

I'm lucky enough to tune this in on the stereo out of Oshawa, Ontario (94.9 FM) but he's also streamed live on the net:
Click to listen!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

moom wrote:Russian news

http://www.newizv.ru/lenta/98037/

click play
This is wonderful.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

this sucks........I hope we don't lose the whole band...............my heart goes out to the band and his family
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

princessDungan74D wrote:this sucks........I hope we don't lose the whole band...............my heart goes out to the band and his family
We're all going to be gone some day... I'm not afraid of that, but... please not until I'm way old to live any longer...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Heh. It's a pity you were born too late to be one of the voices on Dark Side of the Moon :lol:

All we can do is be thankful that Rick left us so much music that we like a lot. Why else would we be here?
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

After learning of Rick's passing, I got out his Broken China CD and really listened to it. I have been listening to his music for days now, and the more I listen, the more depressed I get. He will be sorely missed. I must now try to get his first CD, Wet Dreams.

RIP Rick :( :( You will be sorely missed.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

snifferdog wrote:Heh. It's a pity you were born too late to be one of the voices on Dark Side of the Moon :lol:
But hey, remember that Embryo song from 1969 :D ? Me mum was pregnant with me for 16 years and since 6 y.o., from a 16 y.o. dad :lol:
graham233
Embryo
Embryo

Rick Wright's Passing

Post by graham233 »

:( Very sad news and Sorely Missed...A truly Amazing musician..Rest in Peace Rick.
oldpink
Embryo
Embryo

Post by oldpink »

It was Rick who truly was the sound of the band, yes, even more so than Dave or Roger.
It was Rick's swirling organ heard on "Behold the Temple of Light," and it was Rick's mournful touch for the "Celestial Voices" secion of ASoS.
It was also Rick who composed arguably the finest song in the entire Floyd canon, "Us and Them."
Lastly, it was "The Great Gig in the Sky" that really grabbed me when I first put a certain album in a black sleeve on the turntable of an old Motorola Victrola, then put on the headphones.
Rick Wright was shy, and even his own voice had that quality to it, but his understated touch was integral to the Pink Floyd that we have all come to know and love, this time with a real touch of melancholy.
But, then, what would Floyd have been without exploring the realm of unhappiness?
God bless, Rick.
mike the swede
Blade
Blade

Post by mike the swede »

Fellow Floydian Friends.

Let me present two tributes from Sweden into the memories of Richard Wright.

The first one is a concert intro made by Mattias Henningson, a former member of P-Floyd (tributeband number 1 in Sweden). But he decided to dedicate the intro in the memories of Richard.
You can listen/download the track on this URL Crazy Diamond intro 2008

The second tribute is from Worra, it´s his artist name. And it´s called For Absent Friends.
And You can listen to the track on this URL For Absent Friends(c) 2008 Shabbey Road).
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Here's a screenshot I took off the BBC 4 Gdansk programme.

wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

moom wrote:[ Me mum was pregnant with me for 16 years
Christ almighty , get that woman some hot water and some towels and some sort of Nobel prize ...... and somebody contact the Guinness Book Of Records ..
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hmm. It explains a lot..