David Gilmour on BBC4 TV - 3 Programs - Fri 26 Sep '08

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
johnwilliamson007
Embryo
Embryo

Re: David Gilmour on BBC4 TV - 3 Programs - Fri 26 Sep '08

Post by johnwilliamson007 »

:O wish you were here is on bb4 now, this is not even included on the official release, i hope some-one is recording it!
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

johnwilliamson007 wrote::O wish you were here is on bb4 now, this is not even included on the official release, i hope some-one is recording it!
me too, and now 'A Great Day For Freedom'
johnwilliamson007
Embryo
Embryo

flawless rick! I just got my gdansk dvd today and can't stop watching it :)
Trudy Grapevine
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Trudy Grapevine »

I love High Hopes, especially that acousticy bit at the end *goose bumps*
johnwilliamson007
Embryo
Embryo

just seen the full interview with david on jools, he looks so upset and i can't blame him. Must credit him just for turning up. So sad when he mentions he might never play echoes again. This i agree was the best song on the oai tour. RIP Rick, and i hope DG can spend the next few months in peace and have a long rest with his family. I feel a bit embarrassed that David has to be on the same show as them awful hip hop idiots. No wonder the camera never went to him as they know he would not be bobbing his head to that rubbish.

Once again i hope you all enjoyed the show, and my thoughts are with david at the difficult time.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Yeah, he looked like he'd been through the mill. And he did that interview with Jools twice - the one I saw on YouTube was different to what was broadcast last night. Still, what else could he do but be professional and get on with it? It's sad that Rick is gone (that bit where he talked about Echoes was especially poignant alright) but life goes on.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

snifferdog wrote:Yeah, he looked like he'd been through the mill. And he did that interview with Jools twice - the one I saw on YouTube was different to what was broadcast last night. Still, what else could he do but be professional and get on with it? It's sad that Rick is gone (that bit where he talked about Echoes was especially poignant alright) but life goes on.
Yeah, guess it does, but I (and most of you lot too at some point) have probaly felt that same feeling following bereavement that maybe life doesn't go on; irrational as it seems with hindsight.