Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Post by bpmolder »

Hey Everybody. I couldn't help but jump on here this morning even though I am not supposed to. I didn't want to leave you guys hanging any more than I already have.

The combined stresses of recent life, in addition to exerting myself far more than I should have in the move, caused me to have a mild heart attack, in addition to aggravating an old hip injury from several year ago.

I was sent home a couple weeks ago and was placed under doctor's orders to have 4 to 6 weeks of bed rest. After being asked by my doctor to help eliminate stress from my life during this time, Angel disconnected me from the internet for a couple weeks, hoping it would help get me away from business as usual and clear my head, with all the music business I was doing and the general disputes with members of this forum from time to time.

I just got too stressed out and needed to unplug and heal and not take things so seriously and personally. I needed a break from the self-inflicted pressure I was under.

To those of you who have emailed me, thank you for your warm wishes. Unfortunately, I have been unable to access my gmail account for some reason. I can't log in no matter what. In the spirit of continued stress reduction, I have just decided to let it be and revert back to my old Yahoo account.

I still have the first volume queued up and ready to finish mastering, which will be in the next couple of weeks, as soon as my doctor gives me the OK. I have suspended all work and have been dedicating my time to more serene things like board games and reading.

Believe me, going through a 4-volume biography of George Washington is not only relaxing but downright coma-inducing if one is not given to such heavy reading. It's a safe alternative to Ambien. lol.

My standard email address (which is slightly disguised to throw off the bots) is bpmolder {gnat} yahoo [snot] com. You can contact me there and I will get back to you as soon as I am able to sneak online while Angel is asleep like I am doing now. lol.

Take care, everyone. I will talk to you again soon.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Hiya stranger (than fiction)!

Get well soon, and I'm sure that's from all of us! 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

You can speak for me on that one, ddebil. :D

Take your time, Geoff. Get yourself healthy. That's the important thing.

This can wait as long as you need it to, man.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Talk about "Coming Back to Life" !!!!

Take it easy. Things can wait here.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Geoff, I sure hope you're not reading this while you should be resting! Get back in bed now! Do it! Quit reading! What are you waiting for?! Don't you dare scroll down to the next post! Geoff! :lol: Get better buddy. There are so many things more important than a fake rock band. If it is waaaayyy down your list, so be it, just don't make this another "Chinese Democracy" OK! :lol: :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I'm really sorry to hear about your condition, Geoff. I feel like the lot of us here have some responsibility to what happened to you, and it's no good feeling. Get well, mate, that's all can wish for you right now. Nothing else should be more important to you at the moment. Forget about everything for a while and REST! I hope you'll be OK soon.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

That is good news mate, not that you had this scare, but that you are OK and doing the right thing by resting. Take it easy.
Dan
also it is good that my work here is done!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Geoff, Thank goodness you're back :D :D :D We all were sick and worried. Thank God you're better :D

And you know what? I know I have a good intuition. I FELT that I'd read a new post by you today :D !
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

Thought that I should just bump this as Christmas is just around the corner !!
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

A section of the forum I never enter. So, uh, there is a new album? What is it called? Basically, there are 66 pages I cannot read...
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Back To Square One
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

FloydCouncil wrote:errr hello

[its not photoshopped. honest!]
Bumping sopmething possibly forgotten
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Duckboy wrote:Back To Square One
Okay. Tell me about the concept.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

The concept is that of a "greatest hits" or "best-of" collection of a band which doesn't actually exist.

The band has been named Charybdis and their career will follow an arc not-too-dissimilar from that of PF.

From an early guiding light who burns out and exits the band all the way to (if I remember correctly,) the leaving of another founding member who has charted the direction they've taken up to the point of his departure...and their continuance without him.

Something like that, anyway. :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

"greatest hits", "best of"? We've only made 3 (?) albums!