Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Discuss all things Richard Wright from his epic keyboarding to the wonderful songs he created for the band!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Post by moom »

Yes, guys, yes :lol:

That pic above -
- Now, where did I put that sheet music!?!?!?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

wiped wrote:
moom wrote:[ Me mum was pregnant with me for 16 years
Christ almighty , get that woman some hot water and some towels and some sort of Nobel prize ...... and somebody contact the Guinness Book Of Records ..

Not a record. I once read about a woman who carried a baby for 35 years, by which point her body had digested it to the extent that it was treated like a seperate organ, although it had no bodily function itself, it still recieved oxygenated blood and the like. It got infected, the doctors opperated and found this thing. Apparently she had contractions but never gave birth, so it was thought she wasn't actually pregnant.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Gone but not Forgotten.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

my breakfast. wrote:
Not a record. I once read about a woman who carried a baby for 35 years, by which point her body had digested it to the extent that it was treated like a seperate organ, although it had no bodily function itself, it still recieved oxygenated blood and the like. It got infected, the doctors opperated and found this thing. Apparently she had contractions but never gave birth, so it was thought she wasn't actually pregnant.
Wasn't that an old woman, whose baby got stoned ( :lol: ) and came out years later?
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

another nice shot of Rick - because its good to stay on topic on this of all threads.
Beebs
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Beebs »

Been on holiday for the last 3 weeks. Only found out yesterday (01/10/08).

Worse news all year. He was an amazing musician and my life would not have been the same if it weren't for his musical influences.

RIP Rick. And thanks for the good times. Your life was huge.

xxx
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

Yownas wrote:When I heard the news I felt a bit ashamed of myself over how little credit I've given him for all the great music that came from PF.

I wept when Syd died, for all the playfulness and fun that was his contribution. I love how Gilmour play guitar, and how Waters plays with words.

But almost never thought of little Rick and his piano. (Shame on me.)

I listend to DSOTM at work and wondered how it would sound without Richard ... tried to mentally filter out his sound...it was very, very empty.

Rick: Sorry I didn't listen more careful. You really were the base all the PF sound stood on.
Very true indeed.We have'nt applauded Rick for the amount of prestige he owned.His unique "Asdic Note" on Echoes and his variation of see emily play on shine on you crazy diamond are inimitable.
Rick's works will always keep PinkFloyd name alive.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Have been looking for this since Rick's passing but the site seemed to be down; don't know if anybody here already linked to this, but thought it would be a good time for giving it another read. And maybe for the newbies out there that never knew of this great magazine.

LINK
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

... there's a nice little musical tribute to Rick on the MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/goingafterzen in the form of a track called 'Think Lloyd'
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I was looking on the forum on PinkFloydz.com. Seems Rick died of lung cancer :(
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Rick had a great sound.
telephonictravel
Blade
Blade

Post by telephonictravel »

i heard in the morning on the radio on the way to school.
Once there a few of my friends could clearly see i was upset. At other times though i was ok.
However once i got home i was alone for a while and could barely contain my sadness. I actually let myself cry for a while which i hardly ever do even at the worst of times.

One once again i would like to thank Rick for all the joy he has given me with his unique sound and say that i will never forget him
and i'm sure nobody else will either
I truly miss him
R.I.P
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

snifferdog wrote: Seems Rick died of lung cancer :(
I was afraid of that. :( :( I have seen and read a couple of interviews where Rick indicated that he really wanted to quit smoking, but never succeeded at it. What a shame, a totally avoidable death of a brilliant musician. :(
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

You have to die of something though. Nobody gets out of here alive. And I can't think of any method of death that would be pleasant.

Okay...one. 8)

I almost had a heart-attack myself when I logged on and saw Rick Wright RIP...I'm thinking "not again!"

And then I thought I had gone back in time again. Crikey.

You have to cut it out Nosaj, some of us have weak hearts.
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

the Waning Gibbous Cold Moon........three months since summer and your passing......