DOWNLOAD - Guy Pratt Video Interview on Aussie TV

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

DOWNLOAD - Guy Pratt Video Interview on Aussie TV

Post by Keith Jordan »

Amusing!

DOWNLOAD - Right-Click and save target as (.avi 90.5 MB)

Or watch streaming online here.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... ratt-video

Pink Floyd's bass player Guy Pratt was interviewd on Australian TV channel, Ten. The interview was to promote two of his My Bass and Other Animals shows that he was doing in Australia.

Revealing and Amusing!

The interview is very amusing and Guy is, well, a funny Guy! He tells several amusing stories about some of the celebrities he has worked with including an unusual way of working with Michael Jackson!

In a rather tongue-in-cheek moment, Guy said that David Gilmour played most of the bass on Pink Floyd's recorded albums. He has since been in touch with NPF to clarify that David did NOT play bass on most of Pink Floyd's studio albums, just some of the bass. An example being the frettless bass work on The Wall. Guy said "the comment was meant to be light hearted and frivolous".
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Guy Pratt Video Interview on Aussie TV

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

If David Gilmour played most of the bass on the studio albums when Roger was in the band, why did he bother wasting money paying Guy Pratt to play bass on the studio versions of TDB and MLoR? The most logical answer: It's not true that David played most of the bass on the studio albums.

Just watch Roger perform bass on Live at Pompeii if you ridiculously doubt his ability to play bass. I doubt anybody on here could do better.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

This guy is brilliant at humor :D And Jackson story is one of the most shocking rock'n'roll stories I'd ever heard :lol: !

Thanks, Keith!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I found the Michael Jackson story to be hilarious!! Don't post any spoilers about it though!!

You all got to check this video out!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I just did :D . Nice interview. I think it's the first time I've seen Guy being interviewed in any depth. I liked his Madonna impersonation as well
Twid
Axe
Axe

Post by Twid »

Nice! funny guy aint he!
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Post by BrianW »

The best Pink Floyd interview ever! Informative, yet funny and not uptight!

Great!

(I loved the Madonna and Michael Jackson bits!)

BrianW

Let the ukulele and stratocaster mate and give us a bastard music child....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Guy has just been in touch to let me know his comment about David playing bass on most Pink Floyd studio albums "was meant to be light hearted and frivolous" and that David only played fretless bass on parts of the Wall album as is widely know already.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yes, just read that on his blog...

I mean, I dont see the sudden need for further clarification of who did what...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DOWNLOAD - Guy Pratt Video Interview on Aussie TV

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can download the interview here....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.info/video/ ... erview.avi

(.avi 90.5 MB)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Keith Jordan wrote:Guy has just been in touch to let me know his comment about David playing bass on most Pink Floyd studio albums "was meant to be light hearted and frivolous" and that David only played fretless bass on parts of the Wall album as is widely know already.
Good to hear. This is another example of your high level of integrity, Keith. I strongly believe no other Pink Floyd site has the type of integrity that yours does, Keith. Yes, this blatant suck-up is my Christmas gift to you :lol:

Unfortunately, and I emphasize unfortunately because it is clearly not true, the rumor that David Gilmour played most of the bass parts on Pink Floyd's studio albums is alive and well in some quarters of the world wide web (It started a long, long time before Guy Pratt made the comment in his interview). All of us know where the most fervent spreading of this rumor takes place (Guy Pratt has absolutely nothing to do with it), and it has sadly spread around the web from there. Obviously we will not bring up other forums on this place, or name names. After all, as you have clearly pointed out before, the last thing any of us need is to be hassled by people of no integrity.

All of that aside, I have always respected Guy Pratt. He's an exceptional bassist, one of the best out there, and displayed great humor in that interview. I would certainly love to hear his comedic relief in the future. Another great find, Keith, as always!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Guy has some interview clips on his website. They originated on t5m.com - they're quite entertaining as well.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Tony Levin played bass on MLoR
Guy didnt joing the gang til the tour
mags
Blade
Blade

Post by mags »

Very interesting indeed. He seems like a totally different person compared to his stage persona.
Enjoyed the tidbits about working with Jackson and Madonna.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

J Ed wrote:Tony Levin played bass on MLoR
Guy didnt joing the gang til the tour
My mistake, but the fact remains that Gilmour paid Tony Levin and Guy Pratt to play bass on the studio version of MLoR and TDB respectively. Why would he do that if he's a such capable bass player who easily played the bass on previous Pink Floyd studio albums? The logical/actual answer is obvious: It's NOT true that Gilmour played most of the bass on the previous Pink Floyd studio albums.
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.