DOWNLOAD - Guy Pratt Video Interview on Aussie TV

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Re: DOWNLOAD - Guy Pratt Video Interview on Aussie TV

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Idisaffect wrote:What's Gilmour going to do sue him? That would screw up his precious image real good.
[/i]
I seem to recall hearing threats of litigation.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
Idisaffect wrote:What's Gilmour going to do sue him? That would screw up his precious image real good.
[/i]
That seems pathetic.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Idisaffect wrote:
That seems pathetic.
I agree. Can anybody confirm or deny the validity of my potentially erroneous recollection?
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

snifferdog wrote:If you read the postscript of Nick's book, he refers to Roger and David making corrections to the book. He says they must be using the same stationer as they both used green highlighters. Roger scribbled all over one page and wrote Bollocks on it. Rick faxed in his comments from his yacht.
I clearly remember reading somewhere five or six years ago that the book was delayed numerous times over the years due to Gilmour's, not Waters', protesting/editing. With regards to the postscript of Nick's book, I'll have to check that out again. I am sure each member had certain sections that were not quite in tune with their own recollections, but it is my understanding that Gilmour's heavy-handedness was the sole reason for the numerous delays of the project...
Waters also edited Mason's book. In fact, Nick stated that it seemed quite funny to him that both used the same color to mark the parts they didn't like, and wondered if both went to the same library to buy their markers. But of course you won't accept it, sir, considering your "I love poor Roger, I hate evil Dave" vision of things... ;)

And about that Guy Pratt interview: he is quite funny, a nice guy it seems, buy was very irresponsible to say that thing about the bassplaying in Floyd records. He wasn't there, so he doesn't know, and is taking part in a war that was not his war, as he was a hired hand in those days.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Stilgar wrote:But of course you won't accept it, sir, considering your "I love poor Roger, I hate evil Dave" vision of things... ;)
Huh? I love David just not as much as Roger :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Dave is more people's favourite member of Pink Floyd than anyone else! And that is a FACT!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Keith Jordan wrote:Dave is more people's favourite member of Pink Floyd than anyone else! And that is a FACT!
Well, Roger is not exactly the most PR-friendly musician on the planet so that is not surprising. Anyway, a popularity contest does not change the fact that Roger is Pink Floyd's main songwriter (i.e., wrote more songs than anybody else), lyricist (i.e., wrote more lyrics than anybody else), and vocalist (i.e., sung more vocals than anybody else). Nor does it change the fact that David was Pink Floyd's lead guitarist, and a damn fine one at that. And a great vocalist, too.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

All very true! Very true! 8)
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

great interview! I was watching a program on ABC1 today called Spicks and Specks. A quiz show about music (no prizes) and it had Guy Pratt on it. Very funny man indeed. I thought you would appreciate the bass off he had with Dave O'Neill, a local comedian, also a very funny guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N__SGDpt3qQ