Roger Waters - Music From The Body

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
11%
21%
26%
19%
1 - Worst
23%

Total votes: 47

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters - Music From The Body

Post by Keith Jordan »

This thread is to discuss Roger Waters and Ron Geesin's Music From The Body and is linked to from the Pink Floyd Discography section.

Feel free to discuss the album!

01. Our Song
02. Sea Shell And Stone
03. Red Stuff Writhe
04. Gentle Breeze Blew Through Life, A
05. Lick Your Partners
06. Bridge Passage For Three Plastic Teeth
07. Chain Of Life
08. Womb Bit, The
09. Embryo Thought
10. March Past Of The Embryos
11. More Than Seven Dwarfs In Penis-Land
12. Dance Of The Red Corpuscles
13. Body Transport
14. Hard Dance-Full Evening Dress
15. Breathe
16. Old Folks Ascension
17. Bed-Time-Dream-Clime
18. Piddle In Perspex
19. Embryonic Womb-Talk
20. Mrs. Throat Goes Walking
21. Sea Shell And Soft Stone
22. Give Birth To A Smile
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Roger Waters - Music From The Body

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Music From the Ass.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Damn!t's donkey made an album? :shock:

:lol:

Yes...this is grim stuff indeed. Or at least any of it I've heard. The only semi-listenable track on it is the last one, Give Birth to a Smile. Having said that, I'm intrigued by the idea of seven dwarfs in penis land.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

:lol:

I tried to watch that film couple of days ago... but ...omg.
I guess the joint Floyd venture track is allrigh ...but... other is below average.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Music From the Ass.
And much more from where that came from.

Apart from "Give Birth To A Smile" and "Chain Of Life" it's crap. Not like Zee but still crap.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I've only heard bits of this one so far and from the comments here looks like I won't be in a hurry to get it.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

People who haven't heard it in is entirety shouldn't vote in the poll. For me. this one is definitely the best Roger Waters album, miles above KAOS or "Pros and Cons" and in the same league of "Amused to Death" or "The Final Cut", only better. This is classic early 70's Waters, a creative spirit with no boundaries, it takes further the ideas and stylistic aproaches he had been working with "Several Species" and "Grantchester Meadows". It was also an important step in the developement of DSoTM, being a precursor of that album's use of continous flow of music from one track to the other and of the whole "cycle of a human life, from birth to death" concept. I really can not understand how the weakest track on this LP, "Give Birth To A Smile", is the one favoured by most Pink Floyd fans??? when you can find masterpieces like "Our Song" or "Chain of Life" on it! That just raises a lot of questions :!:
Stephen wrote:I've only heard bits of this one so far and from the comments here looks like I won't be in a hurry to get it.
Stephen, if you like me think Ummagumma is one of their best early albums you should definitively get it! It's even better.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

danielcaux wrote:
Stephen wrote:I've only heard bits of this one so far and from the comments here looks like I won't be in a hurry to get it.
Stephen, if you like me think Ummagumma is one of their best early albums you should definitively get it! It's even better.
Yes you're quite right, I shouldn't base my thoughts on other peoples opinions, something that I don't normally do.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

danielcaux wrote:1. this one is definitely the best Roger Waters album

2. masterpieces like "Our Song"
1. First of all it's not a Roger Waters album. It's a Ron Geesin and Roger Waters album, in that order. Roger Waters wrote less than 30% of the album in overall, and has solo credits for only 4 songs out of 22 that the album counts.

2. "Our Song" is not a masterpiece. For that matters, it's not even a song! It's a collection of belching and farting sounds, and some stamping in the background. Everyone can fart out a better song than that.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Yeah, is more of a Ron Gessin album, perhaps that's why I find it to be a lot better than any of the proper Waters' albums. Still, you can clearly see Roger's input on it; "Our Song" is basically "Several Species phase 2", a musical composition made out of farts, burps, snorting, sniffing, breathing, hand clapping, baby sounds and other body related noises, and they make all that sound rhytmical and catchy, how many songs like that, and as good as it, have been ever made? The other Waters' tracks are more in the vein of "Grantchester Meadows", mixing concrete thematic sounds with folk music, achieving an amazing emotional effect on the process. The flow of the album is really good, and most of Geesin's compositions are quite moody and beautiful.

This album is the missing link between Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother, you can see where all those weird musical segments on the 23 minute opus came from. It also reminds me a lot of the 2001 Space Odissey soundtrack.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

danielcaux wrote:This album is the missing link between Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother
I completely agree with this, however.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Not much of a solo album - more like a ron geesin album with a rog guest spot
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Such a great album, innovative and humourous. But that last song kinda ruins it...
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

It's at least a very interesting listen!
LarsO
Axe
Axe

Post by LarsO »

Body Transport sounds like two guys that have sneaked into a hospital at night messing with a friend lying there with tubes and stuff, whispering and laughing before sending him in his bed down the corridor laughing their heads of. Any other ideas what this might be?