Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
78%
16%
4%
1%
1 - Worst
2%

Total votes: 159

Faint
Blade
Blade

Re: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Post by Faint »

in all kind charts about rock music or smth, this album is at top 1st place, but for me, for man who's knows floyds music... this one not a best one from Floydies.. :/ i don't know why, i prefer "The Wall" and "Division Bell" much better (especially The Wall.)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Faint wrote:this one not a best one from Floydies.. i prefer "The Wall" and "Division Bell" much better
Can't help it... <.8.> <.8.> <.8.>
Faint
Blade
Blade

Post by Faint »

Hudini wrote:
Faint wrote:this one not a best one from Floydies.. i prefer "The Wall" and "Division Bell" much better
Can't help it... <.8.> <.8.> <.8.>
I think my opinion is unquestionable, and i accepted "Can't help it... <.8.> <.8.> <.8.>" like some joke or smth. :) i told a sentence in the begining of my post, and I think that explains everything that u probably have to know.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I haven't noticed before - you're a man who's knows floyds music, plus your opinion is unquestionable.

You'll make some nice friends here. Enjoy your stay. :lol:
DontLeaveMeNow
Axe
Axe

Post by DontLeaveMeNow »

Like alot with my favourite bands..My Favourite and Best Albums differ.

For me, This is their best album, Easily. The album is pretty much perfect, Not one bit done wrong, Perfect production and revolutionary, When everyone else was making glam rock they came up with this beauty, A timeless masterpiece.

But The Wall is my favourite album, Heh.
marksman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by marksman »

5/5, hands down, just like WYWH and Animals.
I like some early works more than individual pieces from DSOTM, but as an entire album this one is just superb.

But mind you, if there was an album containing Echoes and AHM, it would be my number one =P~
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

I think Alan Parsons mix is slightly better but it´s easily 5/5
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

5/5

I've heard it so much I may never listen to it again.

The very first time I heard it I put it on going to bed. I fell asleep to On the Run and than those damn clocks at the beginning of Time woke me right up, quick! I was like, wow, I've gotta hear this when I'm more awake. It was intense waking up to that. I'll never forget it.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Keith Jordan wrote:
snifferdog wrote:It would be a perfect album if it wasn't for Great Gig in the Sky. It's absolutely ruined by Clare Torry's caterwauling. If there was a way to erase her vocals from it, I'd be happy. The music underneath her screeching is wonderful though.
I think her screeching is one of the highlights of the album! Very primal and satisfying!
Yeah, me too. It is hard to keep a dry eye when I hear that beautiful, haunting track.

For me, "Dark Side" is just perfection pressed on vinyl. That doesn't mean that it is necessarily my favourite album ever, or even my favourite Floyd. By perfection, I mean that there is no way that anything could be done that could improve on it. The concept, the lyrics, the production, the music, the vocals, the artwork, the special effects, the title ... everything is so ... well ... PERFECT! 8) 8) 8)
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

This is a historical album. I still listen to it, from heart beat to heart beat at least every 10 days, and after all these years I never tire of it. I can't see why I ever would. With that being said, Pink Floyd's best? IMHO, no, yes it sold more than any of their other albums. But there is a difference between popular and the best. I don't mean to take anything from it when I say that. The production values is almost perfect, where it is not, is not the lack of anything, if anything the production is over the top. Too much synths for my taste. But I don't have much trouble over looking that, after all it is one of my favorite albums of all time.
On it's own merits I don't think it will ever be bested, for it is one of a kind, there has never been another album like it nor will there ever be.
There was a time when I thought it was the best Pink Floyd album, but as I've matured and gave other albums more of a listen, I begin to see the ever so slight flaws in DSOTM, which are 1. The rhythm section,(the drums and bass) don't match the intensity of some isolated moments, in a few of the songs. 2. There is too much use of synths in some of the songs more traditional instruments would have sounded better to me. Other than these little things it is utterly sonically perfect.
Just for the record I think Clare Torry's vocal improvisation on The Great Gig in the Sky, Were perfect for the feel of the song.
4/5 isn't bad...
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Dark Side and Animals are Pink Floyd best albums IMO.
TDSOTM 5
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

It is horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Just kidding...its Dark Side Of The Moon for hells sake.

Impossible to not love this album.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

how could any Floyd fan hate this album? A lot of the songs I like the best on the CD my mother played in the car when I was in a child. My moms first album was Dark Side of the Moon when she was a teenager. Its some weird mother and child thing.
More Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by More Floyd »

The best Floyd Album ever, and it's not even close. This is what all albums should aspire to be.

Favorite song on the album- Us & Them
mdmelec
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mdmelec »

As far as albums go, The Dark Side of the Moon was and still is one of the very best albums ever released. But I think for me personally, it was seeing the Dark Side tour and then the Wish you Were Here tour, where the real impact of the album were felt. As the plane flew over all of our stoned heads and crashed beheind the stage, we all realized that Pink Floyd Live was an incredible experience.