Syd Barrett "Fart Enjoy" work on eBay

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Syd Barrett "Fart Enjoy" work on eBay

Post by BrianW »

Syd's (in)famous "Fart Enjoy" 12 page self-made scrapbook is on sale on eBay - proceeds to Escape Artists charity. This is a genuine sale.

See:
http://tinyurl.com/d7mh96

Current price £10,900 (about $15,000)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Syd Barrett "Fart Enjoy" work on eBay

Post by Keith Jordan »

The auction is doing very well so far!

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... or-charity

You can see all of Fart Enjoy here > http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... EnjoyBook/
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote: You can see all of Fart Enjoy here > http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... EnjoyBook/
Without having to waste £11,000 on it. :lol:
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Post by BrianW »

Stephen wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote: You can see all of Fart Enjoy here > http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... EnjoyBook/
Without having to waste £11,000 on it. :lol:
The money will all be going to the Syd Barrett trust for charitable works.
TheUFO
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Syd Barrett "Fart Enjoy"

Post by TheUFO »

Roger Keith 'Syd' Barrett was a creative genius and well known as the founding member of Pink Floyd yet predominately a painter. Simon (a Syd fan) has organized an excellent idea I wish to share with the rest of you. In an effort to assist Escape Artists' with their current mission to promote creative self expression, Simon has offered the following solution. Forgive me Simon, but I'll do my best to present and describe the idea here in this forum the best I can.

As is the norm with happenings, participation is essential. Happenings always include the audience, which makes happenings dynamic and encourages creative participation. In like spirit, the idea for this happening is to get Barrett friends and fans involved in a “Syd Barrett Map of the World” arts project, by sending out pieces of wood cut in the shape of different countries, as in a jigsaw puzzle.

The different countries will then sent out to interested parties with the instructions “Decorate this how you like and send it back”. When the countries return we will then stick them back together as a map. What we’ll end up with is a unique collaborative artifact, “The Syd Barrett Map of the World”, that will be either sold or put on permanent display.

Syd took to these experiments with relish. When Andrew sent him a book he’d made, he sent back FART ENJOY as a ‘reply’ between the end of 1964 and the summer of 1965. Syd was always a fast worker. He created it using seven sheets of cardboard held together by cello tape. It’s a little gem and is as good reflection of the man himself, as Andrew Rawlinson knows: experimental, colorful, wide open and right on the button.

He used the cut-up technique several times (‘Lieutenant Lunch Date’ and ‘Post Office Tower’), sometimes with nursery rhymes as an implied backdrop (‘Sprat Locket Patch’. ‘Hark!’). Origin of Floral Structures’ splices together a textbook and Beatrix Potter’s Tale of Jeremy Fisher. The collages and paintings are exactly like the words: a mixture of austere-bordering-on-abstract and what could be called blazing whimsy. (Just like his music).

It would be really cool to see if other artists would be interested in participating in an experiment of this type in an effort help raise money for the Syd Barrett Trust.

Follow this link to submit your ideas and/or intentions to participate: :smt100

No links until you have 10 posts - Draf.
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Re: Syd Barrett "Fart Enjoy"

Post by BrianW »

TheUFO wrote:“The Syd Barrett Map of the World”
This would be better as a new thread perhaps?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Or you could just buy the reissue of Piper at the Gates of Dawn (the one with the bonus disc). Apart from one page, it's all reproduced there.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

There are different ways to see the artwork in Fart Enjoy, but it would be something quite different to own the original. 8)

If anybody would like to buy it for me, then thank you in advance. :-;
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Post by BrianW »

Keith Jordan wrote:If anybody would like to buy it for me, then thank you in advance. :-;
It is obviously better value than some stuff which is overpriced out there like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/cm3u43
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That price is terrible! I am not sure what I think of people who are in the business of profiting from "art".
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

This piece is infinitely more "artistic" based on art theory from the past 100 years than the mosaic that sold recently...it is very fluxus in many ways...

See what the Barrett family is doing? Not good or bad to me, but image what happens when all the members have passed...surely the families will release every little thing fans want...hopefully for a good cause too.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is up to £12,100 now. Who in their right mind would spend that much on that???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Syd-Barretts-Book ... 0349960899
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Heaven knows but at least they'll be getting free P&P
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Post by BrianW »

Keith Jordan wrote:It is up to £12,100 now. Who in their right mind would SPEND that much on that???
I think 'invest' or 'donate' would be a better verb than 'spend'.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

BrianW wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:It is up to £12,100 now. Who in their right mind would SPEND that much on that???
I think 'invest' or 'donate' would be a better verb than 'spend'.
i would prefer "waste" :D